SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

4 hours ago, omri2050 said:

Guys, what's up? 

First of all, you are doing an amazing job! 

I need help, pretty lost - 

Any guide for the GPS guided bombs? I can't seem to hit anything from a distance over 3km, even with the GBU's that are around 15km range.
I open the GPS menu, select target, mark it (turns red), and release the bombs, but never hit anything. Again, most of the time I must be too close to the target to hit it..Even in one of your first videos, the bomb drop was around 2.5km from target.

Please help!

Thanks 🙂

Dunno if you already are taking care of this, but remember that range need speed and altitude.GBU's are free-fall bombs and cannot aspect to fly parallel to the ground.

If you're into formulas, check this out:

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19930091140.pdf

Dropping a bomb from an airplane video

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, omri2050 said:

Any guide for the GPS guided bombs? I can't seem to hit anything from a distance over 3km, even with the GBU's that are around 15km range.

This is our current tutorial but it sounds like you're designating correctly. Which GBU are you using? And what's distance/altitude/speed at release?

9 hours ago, raynor_d said:

This is our current tutorial but it sounds like you're designating correctly. Which GBU are you using? And what's distance/altitude/speed at release?

38,31. Attitude around 1km,speed around 500

Thanks!

On 4/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, SGT Fuller said:

viper that was an amazing video! You have really done your homework on the mod itself and are a true blue fan. We at the usaf team thank you for your extremely loyal support 

Ha, glad you enjoyed. Thank YOU guys so much for your hard work and dedication to the USAF mod. I'm goin on 9 years of active duty USAF so, uh, yeah, Air Force mod is kinda my shit.

Thank you all again for your continued work, can't wait to showcase more of your awesome mod. (Also I suck ass for forgetting to include that awesome service menu feature that took a long time to develop I'm sure)

• Like 4

On 4/7/2020 at 6:45 AM, omri2050 said:

38,31. Attitude around 1km,speed around 500 

Assuming the previous 3km distance, you're way too low, these things don't have a 3:1 glideslope. Use the CCIP indicator in the TGP and release once it's 50-100m past the target. You can even pull up and loft for additional standoff range.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, raynor_d said:

Assuming the previous 3km distance, you're way too low, these things don't have a 3:1 glideslope. Use the CCIP indicator in the TGP and release once it's 50-100m past the target. You can even pull up and loft for additional standoff range.

Will try this. Thanks

TWvHBJj.jpg

Is there any way to access the grid coords of this CCIP indicator ? 

1 hour ago, Ivanoff.N said:

Is there any way to access the grid coords of this CCIP indicator ?  

Not that I know of. The MFD element is controlled entirely by the game engine, no scripting access to it or even source to show the grid on the hud.

2 hours ago, raynor_d said:

Not that I know of. The MFD element is controlled entirely by the game engine, no scripting access to it or even source to show the grid on the hud.

Okay, thanks.

I am guessing the formula that it is calculated by is also not accessible ?

21 minutes ago, Ivanoff.N said:

Maybe you should ask the guys from ITC Air mod on their discord. They did some scripting with CCIP and CCRP in their mod.

1 hour ago, Ivanoff.N said:

Correct, we would have to calculate it separately which may or may not match what the hud is showing.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:39 PM, beebah said:

Hi, a quick suggestion, could you give the C17's multiple skins to choose from showing the various airbases/nations they're stationed at. Its just one at the moment.

Hey guys, is this being considered?

Hey guys, after the newest update I always see some kind of debug message in the lower left of the window when arming the afterburner and using it. Is this intentional?

The AI-Behaviour with missiles (AMRAAMs, AIM-9X) is very restrained compared to the vanilla and Jets DLC systems. Do you think the AI-relevant parameters can be adjusted to make USAF planes match more in dangerousness with vanilla systems? This way they could be better integrated in missions and the planes would be a greater challenge in an AI vs. player fight.

Anyways, thanks for your hard and fine work!

is there a way to load the Moab ? 
also it seem like the b61 only have effect for the player who drop it, not the player who observed 

5 hours ago, williamle12 said:

is there a way to load the Moab ? 

Not at this time

How exactly are we supposed to control the drones added by the mod? The default NATO UAV terminal don't seem to work for me. Also how am I supposed to use different things like IR grenades for missiles and bombs that require IR?Because I can't seem to lock on any of the grenades and both the missiles and the bombs don't seem to track or hit anywhere near the grenade. Another thing is that I get text whenever I use the afterburner on the F-35 and whenever I use flares or any weapon type on the A-10 it comes up with text that says the entity is not local. I'm pretty sure somethings wrong but I don't know what's up and was wondering if anyone could help?

Edited by mutant.monkey
I had more to add.

8 hours ago, mutant.monkey said:

How exactly are we supposed to control the drones added by the mod? The default NATO UAV terminal don't seem to work for me. Also how am I supposed to use different things like IR grenades for missiles and bombs that require IR?Because I can't seem to lock on any of the grenades and both the missiles and the bombs don't seem to track or hit anywhere near the grenade. Another thing is that I get text whenever I use the afterburner on the F-35 and whenever I use flares or any weapon type on the A-10 it comes up with text that says the entity is not local. I'm pretty sure somethings wrong but I don't know what's up and was wondering if anyone could help?

UAVs need to be placed NOT empty, otherwise you will not be able to connect to them
Unsure about locking onto IR grenades, will take into consideration
The last one about afterburner and weapon type is that we left debug info still running on those vehicles and will be fixed in next update

19 hours ago, Lala14 said:

UAVs need to be placed NOT empty, otherwise you will not be able to connect to them
Unsure about locking onto IR grenades, will take into consideration
The last one about afterburner and weapon type is that we left debug info still running on those vehicles and will be fixed in next update

That makes sense, I don't usually use these forums so I'm wondering if the scripts and mods thing is something I need. Anyways thanks for the help and clarification.

What's your the USAF mod team stance on retexturing? Would I be able to have permission to re-texture the drones, F35, C130 and C17 to RAAF paint schemes? 

1 hour ago, blackburn03 said:

What's your the USAF mod team stance on retexturing? Would I be able to have permission to re-texture the drones, F35, C130 and C17 to RAAF paint schemes? 

You have permission to retexture, in fact, the system we have developed makes it very easy for retextures to be applied with no effort on our end to update (seamless integration with the service menu). If you are familiar with the TextureSources class this is how it works. The only thing is that you cannot reupload the mod or parts of the mod.

4 hours ago, Lala14 said:

You have permission to retexture, in fact, the system we have developed makes it very easy for retextures to be applied with no effort on our end to update (seamless integration with the service menu). If you are familiar with the TextureSources class this is how it works. The only thing is that you cannot reupload the mod or parts of the mod.

Starts preparing resources for RAAF F-35As, C-130s and C-17s...

42 minutes ago, shadeops21 said:

Starts preparing resources for RAAF F-35As, C-130s and C-17s...

I actually already have a RAAF C-130, I'll probably see if I can dig it up and possibly include it in the mod

4 hours ago, shadeops21 said:

Starts preparing resources for RAAF F-35As

Don't dive into the F-35A yet, it's getting a bunch of model changes and liveries next patch and a template soon after.

7 hours ago, raynor_d said:

Don't dive into the F-35A yet, it's getting a bunch of model changes and liveries next patch and a template soon after.

I kinda figured, I’m just getting sources for tail insignia and other markings for the various squadrons.

On 5/3/2020 at 9:35 PM, Lala14 said:

I actually already have a RAAF C-130, I'll probably see if I can dig it up and possibly include it in the mod

Wasn't there was also an old RAAF skin for the C17 as well