Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

Longevity

Message to all outlanders, both older and newer players.

My concern is regarding maintaining longevity for the game. Yes the challenges are a great addition, the other bug fixes also continue to improve the game. But! How does the game keep our interest?

I've mentioned in a recent post a 'bounty' for killing a team killer or threat. Maybe 50 crowns or a top ranking crate.

Do you guys have any other features that you think are worth thinking about in future updates.

These features need to come with rewards to make more options for each encounter, options that make us prioritise. By this I mean the drop might not necessarily the most valuable reward in the encounter.

If you think my suggestion is rubbish then say so. But please add your ideas to this post if you agree.

To be flat honest....the crate is seldom the most valuable reward anyway.  Common crates are not even worth the ammo fighting for them after you have the weapon plans. 

2 minutes ago, wyvern01 said:

To be flat honest....the crate is seldom the most valuable reward anyway.  Common crates are not even worth the ammo fighting for them after you have the weapon plans. 

Depends on your approach and perspective of worth. The white crates offer me a customize option just about every other set. It’s not worth a lot to some, but I like having more color variants and emotes available.

Well value is pretty easy to set.  There are only two forms of currency; materials or crowns.  To fully rotate your entire common crate load twice cost some number of ammo that is much higher in materials cost than if you deconstruct everything you receive from them.  Now that is assuming you are actively trying for crates and not just passively earning them from rewards or collecting the random. Customization is nice though.   

Well, I think crates are the number one concern for the game. Kills are tied...

as long as they keep adding to the shelter and customizations, there will be more than enough reason to keep playing. On top of that, strategy is why I keep playing. Every encounter is different, every single time.

• Like 1

How about if you could turn 3 white chests into a green one, and then 3 green for a blue one and so on? It would make the white chests more valuable in every encounter...

Thank you for this interesting discussion guys, your ideas will be passed to the team so we can further discuss them

Personally i would like a use for food. Or maybe exchange food for materials. Like when u donate food down the zipline, the basket comes back with an item or materials. As of now food has zero value but im sure that could change.

Also i would love to see a team match with more than 2 players. A team mode of 4 vs 4 or maybe 3vs3vs 3 would be fun

Lastly i would like to see more outfits and gear in the store and be able to create my own outfit. Instead of entire outfit changes it would be cool to pick specific pants with specific shirts and jackets. 

I know it's been mentioned by a few outlanders, but there are 2 specific 'improvements' that I would like to see.

1. Automatically contrasting crosshairs based on background colour. Almost impossible to line up targets in 3rd person on snow maps.

2. A white winter soldier outfit to provide camouflage on the snow maps.

Not necessarily the most vital improvements for the next update, but would be nice to see them somewhere along the line.