Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

I'd say my work is basically done, I won't be making any additional models, but I still have a lot minor details to clean up. Suchey's been keeping very busy, adding a number of surprising items (surprising to me, even).

Oh well, here's a screenshot of my latest stuff:

whatisit.jpg

great screenshot! It looks like... i can't belive it... it reall looks like... something!!!

(don't take me serious... it's 3 a.m here)

I'd say my work is basically done, I won't be making any additional models, but I still have a lot minor details to clean up.  Suchey's been keeping very busy, adding a number of surprising items (surprising to me, even).

Oh well, here's a screenshot of my latest stuff:

whatisit.jpg

nifty sound effect (not even i, the great blackdoggio knows what it is)

http://www.ofpboneyard.com/svturrvd.wav

heh heh.

As always, looking good. Perhaps these'll be out before Christmas. *Looks hopeful, doesn't look for an answer*

-AK

A Ab-swing training device bought on the tell sell channel! "WOW what an amazing discovery mike! "

I'm not very good by identyfying West weapons, but it wouldn't surprise me if Earl remade his firs ever addon for OFP, anybody remember that M4 with AK mags? I don't know the name, is so many M4s variants that I can't tell wich is wich rock.gif

It probably have an AK mag doble typed or something, mag next to mag.

Anyway.

The unit models are super, and I really like the fact that you guys made the models depending on what they do, so we will have a gunner model for the guner and a grenadier for the grenadier. Now, One thing I noticed with all different unit addons is that everybody seems to forget about the heavy grenadiers, MM1 for West and whatever is cal for East.

Will this weapons be inclouded aswell, or we will have to use the standard BIS ones? The grenadier unts won't need any changes from the ones you allready made, just change the weapon.

I just wonder, and if no, you could create them after the pack is been release, I would love that.

But, again, I don't know if the marines actually use the MM1.

Thanks.

@CERO.

I know that the Russians do not employ their variation of the MM-1 with line regiments such as the Naval Infantry. Its almost exclusively a Special-Forces weapon. One thing that would be interesting is to be able to equip the MM-1 and its varients as a secondary weapon, and still carry a AKS-74U or a M-4A1 as your primary, yet be able to fire the MM-1 and variation therof as it was meant to be, not like a LAW, if that is at all possible.

AK

@sniperuk: already have an m249 para

@akm: the naval infantry use ags-17 mounted grenade launchers, i don't think they use dedicated grenadiers anymore (although you can pick up a grenade vest out of the jam crates)

@ Blackdog:

I was talking about the Russian equivalent of the MM-1, which was introduced in 1.46 or some other official patch I believe. The AGS-17 is generally mounted on their vehicles then I take it then.

Quote[/b] ] i don't think they use dedicated grenadiers anymore

Dedicated grenadiers as in a man with the Russian RG-1 GL or a man with a GP-25 affixed underneath the barrel of his AK-74M?

AK

I'm not very good by identyfying West weapons, but it wouldn't surprise me if Earl remade his firs ever addon for OFP, anybody remember that M4 with AK mags? I don't know the name, is so many M4s variants that I can't tell wich is wich rock.gif

You mean the SR-47. Yeah, that was excellently made. Still use it

@ Blackdog:

I was talking about the Russian equivalent of the MM-1, which was introduced in 1.46 or some other official patch I believe. The AGS-17 is generally mounted on their vehicles then I take it then.

Quote[/b] ] i don't think they use dedicated grenadiers anymore

Dedicated grenadiers as in a man with the Russian RG-1 GL or a man with a GP-25 affixed underneath the barrel of his AK-74M?

AK

the 6G-30 came with the MM1 in the patch

@sniperuk: already have an m249 para

@akm: the naval infantry use ags-17 mounted grenade launchers, i don't think they use dedicated grenadiers anymore (although you can pick up a grenade vest out of the jam crates)

As far as I can tell the underbarrel grenade launchers are still widely used in all of the Russian infantry forces. But then I haven't seen any recent pics or video of Russian Marines so maybe they don't use them. But I would find that difficult to believe since these grenade launchers provide very portable and highly effective firepower.

Anyways I'm sure AKM would know more about that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm gonna jump through a hoop here.

I'm fairly certain that the GP-25 Underbarrel grenade launcher would be in use with all units of the Russian military. The 6G-30, that however may not be. I am fairly certain that is a Special-Operations only weapon, as it was rushed into production for the Chechnyan conflict (particularly battles in Grozny) for use by SPETSNAZ forces.

Thanks to AcidCrash for reminding me of what the hell the 6G-30's proper designation is.

AK

how can you guys even see somthing the picture is 14x11 pixels crazy_o.gif I think that it was a big pic once enybody got it?

STGN

Top weapon looks like a large anti-materiel rifle due to the straight magazine and the length of the barrel. If that's true, it's almost definitely an M82A1A.

Yep, I'm bored.

Quote[/b] ]I don't under stand why the M16 iron sight has to use the night sight?

I dont follow this one or I would try to answer it.

The rear sight assembly on the M16 has two "mods" night and day

heres day:

fig108109.jpg

and heres night:

fig107.jpg

And what I don't understand is why have you chosen to flip the night sight up?

And earl your forward assist is a bit to much forwad If you know what I mean it has to be moved a bit back to the ege of the upper reciver.

STGN

In real life, you can open both eyes and get a good view of the battlefield without losing your aim.  Switching between iron sights and regular view in OFP is a bit more difficult.  We play without crosshairs, so you never know where your muzzle is aimed, and so a tiny aperture can make target finding in OFP very difficult, especially if you swtich views a lot.

The little aperture in real life gives you more accuracy because there is less margin for error.  In OFP it just makes it extremely difficult to see what you are aiming at.  

So I made the biggest aperture possible, so that it doesn't suck to use. And it's NOT just a night sight, it's also used for closer range engagement since it is a little faster than the small aperture. It's the same idea as an HK rear sight, or AN94. Different apertures for different ranges, not different times of day.

EDIT: I just checked out the pictures you posted on geocities (copy and paste link). It says RIGHT ON THE PIC "0-200m" for the larger aperture.

Gotta compromise between realism and gameplay. It isn't feasible to equip some guys with "Day Sights" and then "Night Sights" on their rifles.

Since I figure most engagements in Flashpoint will take place (In MP) between the ranges of 250-1 meters, then the night sight is fine... its not my place to say so though, because I havn't handled a M-16A4 in real life yet.

If there were more maps involving longer-ranged combat, like more ruralized Co-Op missions and fewer missions in urban terrain, than a daysight would be better. Sine I have yet to experiance any missions without said things, the nightsight would be the better choice, at least in my opinion.

AK