Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

Suchey, you sonofabitch! THAT'S AWESOME.

That's freakin' awesome! FieldDressings add a whole new dimension to this. So, if you get hit by a bit of shrapnel on the leg, you'll bleed, but a bandage'll stop that, with a 75% success rate? Or is my understanding warped?

That's awesome man! Looks like your units are gonna set a new high for the OFP:R community. Not gonna hold my breath for release, but am I ever looking forward to it.

AK

but a bandage'll stop that, with a 75% success rate? Or is my understanding warped?

I think the bandages always stop it if you use enough for the bigger wounds.

Quote[/b] ]So, if you get hit by a bit of shrapnel on the leg, you'll bleed, but a bandage'll stop that, with a 75% success rate?

Thats exactly right.  Although Im not sure of the % chance that Tact has scripted, I do know that it is based on an equation which takes into account the initial hit and seriousness of the wound and bases the % chance to stop bleeding on that...so the more bandages you carry the better.  If the first one fails, try a second one.  If you take a huge shot and are damn near dead, there is probably no ammount of bandaging that can help to stop the bleeding, but its good to try anyway smile_o.gif  In testing I always seem to NOT have bandages when I need one, but usually a team mate can offer a spare.  Our goal was to bring the medic into play to a greater degree and toward those lines, he will also be able to carry a respectable ammount of equipment and isnt burdened with the big white arm patch that says "shoot me please".

On a side note, bleeding also leaves blood on the ground. In testing it has been many a time that an enemy was tracked to a location using this. biggrin_o.gif

Take note that this does not work on AI...they will not feel the effects of bandaging and bleeding.  This is a multiplay feature best used by human players as the AI just doesnt understand the concept.

Sorry but that wasnt the answer i was looking for , i know the pack is a 'bit' big but i think this beta testing seems a bit extreme to me .... i mean when RHS explain to me that they have different scripts to test and stuff i undrstand since they are implementing new features etc etc ... which havent ben tried before ... but whats with the 'rigorous' testing here ... it beats me i mean these are normal units arent they (or will they feature some new scripts or handy dandy script enabled features as well?) it shouldnt take this long to test them and put them together , 7 betas sounds very extreme to me ... but in the end its your project i'll respect whatever your timeline is since i havent got anyother choice  tounge_o.gif  ... but i think we all need to know why is it taking so long ...even a 3 man team could finish this by now...

I find your attitude a little bit arrogant. You might be trying to judge progress by how much free time you have, and how many soldiers and guns you could have made in all that time. We do have jobs, families, school and other social requirements.

But anyway, the beta testing isn't like gruelling hours of painstaking detail study. That doesn't work. We get together for as many MP games as possible and just have fun, running through the addons just as you guys will when they are released. Bugs are found this way. There's so many versions that I've made of the rifles, sometimes one single lod has a bad or missing texture, and it's a matter of playing for hours before someone with a lower end graphic setting will spot it.

Speaking for myself, there's been many periods when I've just plain burned out. Sometimes I can't bring myself to work on the project because I know I won't have the patience to do good quality work. It is a hobby. I do this for fun, and when its not fun, I step away and give it a rest.

All I can really say to you is that we aren't holding up a completed version just to make you squirm. There's still work to be done.

sweet. Now the Combat Medic is very, VERY useful. Great idea man. *Hands ice-cold brew to Suchey*

One of the major things about healing while under fire, is that I take it that the Field Dressing takes less time than properly healing the trooper. While under fire, that's definatly useful.

This bleeding thing is quite useful too. Say for instance that a player got hit, crawled to cover, and for some reason, is away from the game at the time. Medic can track the blood trail and fix him up. Or, alternativly, hunt him down and cap his ass.

Sweet shit man.

Edit: I missed Earls post. But, I agree with him. Paitence is a virtue that is lacking in this Instant-Gratificiation world...

AK

I was going to just record a video of the effects but then the game froze smile_o.gif

So no video.

Sorry earl you mistook my post it was never meant to be arrogant its just that i felt that the Marines were being delayed meaninglessly but i guess not .... its also because we've never seen such a prolonged release of a unit pack but i guess it will be one of a kind ..so i'll wait smile_o.gif

Sorry to have bothered you i know what you mean about that somtime not willing to work part , but i sure hope you guys pull it through.

Well Suchey/Earl/Tac and the others work like we, they add and add and add to make their "product" as perfect as it can be to give you something new to have fun with.

That takes time even if some may have problems to image how much work it can be.

At least you can be sure you get it someday not like many other projects i seen lately wich are started and never finished, so i rather wait and get something perfect and uniqe.

And why wait theres so much else to play and try untill these units are released, we can only guess what addon we wait then for smile_o.gif

Did you ever implement the blackout script that you were talking about ages ago where if you were heavliy shot up you would go in and out of consicnes

yes...the blackout scripts are in place.  Its not a huge lengthy blackout and it only happens when you have lost ALOT of blood (just a quick zip in and out of dark vision).  Also, blackout on death has been implemented.  When you are killed you can now set the Marines to go completely blind and deaf.  This stops the annoying practice of dead guys doing recon in multiplayer.  In our testing we have found that it has become quite common to get shot and not know where it came from now.  Of course, like all of the scripted behaviour that Tactician has created, this too is able to be turned on or off at the mission desingers leisure...so if any of the stuff is not appealing to a mission editor, he/she can simply turn all or some of it off at his discression.

One question about the desert MORPEH: Where can I find pictures of them in RL? I've never seen any kind of Russian desert camo in RL!

I think the desert morpeh are only for playeability so you have a desert oponent to the marines.

They wouldnt wear such warm clothes and heavy helmets in desert.

I think the desert morpeh are only for playeability so you have a desert oponent to the marines.

They wouldnt wear such warm clothes and heavy helmets in desert.

Damn... I wish Suchey had some RL reference... I was already looking forward to see some russian desert camo pictures... sad_o.gif

Edit:

Blackdog's video and the music in it cheered me up again. biggrin_o.gif

Theres not a whole lot out there in regard to modern Russian desert warfare gear. Theres some info from the older Afghanistan conflicts, but thats about it (and that doesnt do me a whole lot of good). The gear I used really exists (ie, the cammo is real, the helmet is real, etc etc) but I dont have any pictures of it in actual use all together. I used the Sferas because they gave a really good method of differentiation for the Russian units, and because some of our Russian beta testers really wanted to see the Sfera in game. I would have liked to do some "rolled up sleeve" things and stuff like that to give the impression of more 'heat'...but since I think the arms look weird when they are skinned to flesh and because the use of a custom face leaves the door opened to the unit having multiple skin tones, I gave up on that idea (you gotta love an asian guy running around with caucasian arms). I guess folks will just have to assume that the units are ready for the colder desert evening...a lesson I learned the hard way while camping in the Arizona desert. BRRRRRRRRR biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, there is Russian Desert Cam like that, and yes, it looks pretty good. The "Sphere" helmets are in use, but I have yet to see one with a Desert pattern cam-cover. Also, the desert uniforms are made out of a lighter cotton blend, not as heavy as the origional Flora pattern, that the Temperate Woodland MORPEH are wearing.

AK

Yeah The soldiers look all the same, just different camo patterns. ;)

*Bump*

News? New tormenting screenshots?

AK

Well if you told people it was actually being released or that there was a release date, I dont think anyone would even believe ya so it's best not to say anything.

biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Well, should you go:

We are releasing it now.

And then we'd all stop, do a double take, probably vomit, find out you're lying, and then we'd hunt you down and use your carcass as a scarecrow in Bob's field.

For now, no news is good news.

AK

is the medics(or fellow soldiers) going to be abel to carrie the wounded away? crazy_o.gif