Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

stupid tard.....what was his name? Oh yeah USMARINE408,aka SthrnPride87.

Hes a jerkoff always has been always will I suggest all the boards and Servers ban him post haste.

What,I thought we all had the BAS beta's?Anyways,I was wondering if your marines are going to use the "USMC - Men" in the mission editor,

Suchey:

Re: JAM implementation.

Why not just include the JAM mags into the main cpp rather than replicating the weapons in a seperate pbo?

eg:

magazines[]={"BAS_M249Mag","JAM_W556M_200mag","JAM_W556M_200HDmag"};

That way the units will be JAM compatiable right out of the box (but still require extra editing to equip them in the mission editor).

SelectThis

What,I thought we all had the BAS beta's?Anyways,I was wondering if your marines are going to use the "USMC - Men" in the mission editor,

no, it's something else but i cant recall it off the top of my head

For those without JAM it creates an error message box at the beginning of a mission, when it is setup that way,

magazines[]={"C8Xm249mag","JAM_W556M_200mag","JAM_W556M_200HDmag"};

Your suggestion is the first thing we tried, but because of the repeating error message we decided it would be better to move JAM to a separate config file.  We aren't trying to dump JAM, but our package is smaller without it.  I guess that's central to our decision to supply the weapons with default local mags.  

Some of Jocko's cooperative missions do need JAM, but we wanted the initial package to be smaller and self-reliant.

stupid tard.....what was his name? Oh yeah USMARINE408,aka SthrnPride87.

Hes a jerkoff always has been always will I suggest all the boards and Servers ban him post haste.

rock.gif

Who is this guy? (in the forums I mean)

Yep, as much hard work as Earl, Suchey and the Bas team have done......................like I said stupid tard.

Ban, No. Stupid, yes. Each forum needs it's own little idiot troll that everyone can laugh about. It adds so much to the community feeling. And as long as he doesn't really do something terribly evil just let him stay stupid as he is now.

back to topic...

Quote[/b] ]Like you're gonna hear that when tracers are cutting through the trees and the earth around you is getting coloured red with the blood of your guys and enemy, missiles flying through the forest, grenades tearing apart what remains of your squad.......sorry, I'm a little bit tired from the mission I just played. It was hell on earth.

uhm...

"grenades tearing apart what remains of your squad" how must I understand this? And this: "the earth around you is getting coloured red with the blood of your guys and enemy"rock.gif

is it just a bit overexcited or is therer a bit of truth hidden behind those words...?

That's war. It's not just a bunny-hopping fantasy where you and your russian comrades have a nice little ride in a UAZ around Nogova, looking for baddy bogey-men west soldiers to kill.

Sometimes OFP can be quite realistic in the firefights.

I was actually trying to find out if what he said should be taken word by word. I mean, if these soldiers really feature effects described in the quote above. meaning the soldiers spilling around blood when wounded, redding the ground and being teared apart by grenades.

I just wondered if those were effects which had actually been built into the soldier pack (we know that there are blood mods out there and that it's possible to simulate gibs in OFP with some programming skill).

No gibs or blood spray...it was considered but we decided against it due to multiplayer performance issues. The soldiers will bleed and leave puddles on the ground though.

I was actually trying to find out if what he said should be taken word by word. I mean, if these soldiers really feature effects described in the quote above. meaning the soldiers spilling around blood when wounded, redding the ground and being teared apart by grenades.

I just wondered if those were effects which had actually been built into the soldier pack (we know that there are blood mods out there and that it's possible to simulate gibs in OFP with some programming skill).

I was actually referring Cpt.Frostbite's complaint. wink_o.gif

Hi boys and girls, today i'm going to talk about addon dependency errors. Everyone has them but no one (not even BAS) seems to actually know what to do to fix them.

I would hope these units are not gonna have the same problem.

Now someone like Killswitch knows a lot more about this than me but generally all the problems with error messages saying missing addon "BAS_repair" or "BIS_resistance" etc can be fixed. Some people are now moving towards just sticking a set of objects in every mission that will add correct addons to the SQM definitions or manually adding addons to the mission SQM definitions. This is tiresome and boring and really is not neccessary. Considering how long it takes addon teams to make addons it seems silly how they don't fix this.

For example, let's say the marines weapon pack such_weapons.pbo or whatever requires JAM for it's mags.

In the config.cpp for required addons you might have

requiredAddons[]={JAM_Magazines};

Now you will get a missing addon error for BIS_resistance as it requires it crazy_o.gif

It should be:

requiredAddons[]={JAM_Magazines,BIS_Resistance};

It will be annoying if yet another set of addons has addon dependency issues, they are big problems on a linux server.

I mention this here as it gets nearer to christmas and everyone is anticipating some releases, and i wouldn't want to see it released and everyone overlooking the fact that it could be bugged.

Real easy to fix that, you manually enter it into the mission.sqm if not already there.

Real easy to fix that, you manually enter it into the mission.sqm if not already there.

he said that already :

Quote[/b] ]Jinef: Some people are now moving towards just sticking a set of objects in every mission that will add correct addons to the SQM definitions or manually adding addons to the mission SQM definitions. This is tiresome and boring and really is not neccessary.

hmmm...

Quote[/b] ]Remembers ORCS VDV JAM-2 Whining, in particular Avon Lady....

Can someone tell me what this was?

Ehm...no... totally wrong way to go about it.

You see, if addon makers put proper and complete addon dependency declarations via the requiredAddons[] property into their addons, this is not needed. Instead, you, get this, just use them and missions will be created without having to manually add them. Furthermore, both addons and missions using them will work without errors on dedicated servers.

Wow. How's that for a better solution? wink_o.gif

It's not a matter of opinion, really. There are no ifs and buts about it. Either your addon works or its broken.

Addon makers: get your requiredAddons done right!

CHRIST! no biggrin_o.gif

It was just that the mission was quite realistic (for as far as I know) and it did feature tracers flying everywhere (JAM HD weapons for the enemy. Great for creating long firefights). JAM RGP (ALL) where fired at my squad and riflegrenades were seriously reducing my squad to almost nothing. I didn't make it and I think I got a little bit over-excited when I put so many enemy troops against me. It was great though.

But as suchey said; there won't be limps flying around and a scripting effect that makes blood spray across the screen. And it shouldn't be there. The tracers, RPG's, grenades and excitement do come with the package, though.

ORCS was making some great VDV (They still are, check the bottom sig for it, in Russian, loosly translated: "ORCS VDV = It doesn't get any better than this", if I remember correctly), and ORCS said that their units did not perform satisfactorily with JAM ammunition, so the next thing you know, everybody goes off on a giant rampage and raining hellfire brimstone and shit all over the place about how this should be JAM, et cetera, et cetera. Well, HellFish (For the love of God man, you are a Moderator, at least be impartial), Avon Lady... it was ugly. Very Ugly.

I was simply asking for JAM compatibility - not a default JAM loadout instead of whatever ORCS had planned. IIRC, JAM compatibility only requires one or two short lines in the unit/weapon config. I don't recall making anything more than a rational argument in favor of said compatibility. And, for future reference, I am a fan of OFP and not just a moderator. As long as I followed the rules I also enforce, I don't see how I did anything wrong.