Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

Quote[/b] ]Can we expect marpat for Christmas?
Do I have to quote my own post;
Quote[/b] ]Suchey clause, Earl deputy clause, Tactician lead elf and a whole team of little elf beta testers are working on it really hard

Let's count; that are 1, 2, 3, 4 clues here.

It's really close ppl!  

I'm not sure about christmas, but is close. We're working on getting the last bugs out. We have 1 (yes ONE!) bug on the soldiers, and a few on the weapons (shame on earl wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif , kidding). It's up the suchey and earl to get them out. One sound bug and some sound issues were reported and should be taken care of.

Only the bug, though. The "issues" inlude silly stuff like cmplaining about a missing sound for the bolt action when reloading the AK.

Like you're gonna hear that when tracers are cutting through the trees and the earth around you is getting coloured red with the blood of your guys and enemy, missiles flying through the forest, grenades tearing apart what remains of your squad.......sorry, I'm a little bit tired from the mission I just played. It was hell on earth.

do any of the soldiers have peq-2s ?

no. It can't be functional in OFP and not many marines seem to use it. (in some squads all guys have them, in other squads none).

cool thx just wondering in the army almost everyone has them exept service support

Marines have no support for them either. Check pictures from GW2. Marines had to attach them to the M16A2 with tie-rips and duck-tape  crazy_o.gif

Do you use one? How usefull is it?

very useful at night you dont even have to get a sight picture  

look through the nvgs and you see a dot  put that dot on the victor and fire  also it has a flood ir light that allows you to illume a room in urban ops

very useful in my opinion

edit: there is a speacial mount to mount them on the A2

edit:  there is a speacial mount to mount them on the A2

That only shows how much the marines are left without support for it. I heard US Marines are always the last when it comes to new hardware. That's why they used the M14 while all other were already using the M16 (vietnam).

Thanks for the info. I have never used it myself (and never actually seen one in real). I was aware of the basic fuctions, but I didn't know how effective it is.

the m14 was used because the marine corps did not want to use the m16 untill they where told too

Talking about NV scopes, I was reading a fairly old book (published in 88) called 'Combat' which is basically a collection of the articles you get in Combat and Survival Magazine, and when they talk about the Starlight scope they say that the eyepiece needs to be placed firmly against the eye otherwise light would 'leak' around the eyepiece, illuminating the user's face. Has this problem been eliminated with modern NV scopes?

too an extent the pvs-14 are a monocolar that is only one eye is used so you can see nomally with ur other eye

pvs-7d cover both eyes and have an eye cup that seal to the eye

light can get in but using a lense cap nvgs can be used during daylight with no problem

NV sight mounted on weapons fixed this;

You have to press your eye against the sight (soft rubber eye cup) and than two little pieces will be puched away that cover the sight when not used. This way it will not be green torch-light perfecly illuminating the soldiers head.

Marines have no support for them either. Check pictures from GW2. Marines had to attach them to the M16A2 with tie-rips and duck-tape  crazy_o.gif

Do you use one? How usefull is it?

They did have mounts, but I think they weren't robust enough to keep the PAQ-4 mounted securely, so tie wraps were sometimes added. And we aren't including any IR units because they have no function in OFP and aren't always on the rifles.

looking good... i was extied to see those desert marpats in action.. and yeh someone mentioned it but yes i love the card in the helmet.. that must have been a little toy to make them look cooler... and that m249 is the best ive seen in flashpoint.. looking very much forward to these boys... and i know.. i absolutely know this has been asked before but im only asking because i saw a cover the troops use to keep the dust getting into their googles.. but are your marines goggles able to come down and up? (Thread is kinda Huge)

There will be no goggle up or goggle down options on the marpats. Thank god.

That makes them incompatible with BAS helicopter dust scripts, but who needs 'em.

Soldiers and Marines also use the ties as a secondary securing system, because can you imagine the hell storm you will get if you lose that piece of equipment!?!?!? Goes to show you the ingenuity of the American Fighting Man ;)

George

PS I hate M.O.L.L.E.

sorry, something just came up and there will not be anything on the cam for a good 25 or so minutes

Ok, I'm really looking forward to the release of this addon. i really am. But I'm also confused as hell.

First I read the first page... ah it's about the Modern USMC marpat addon. Pics look great.

then I see these pics in the OFP combat photograpahy thrread:

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/baz/suchboat.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/baz/suchspet.jpg

great looking as well... reminds me of something I read a while ago at ofp.info, and blackdog says its from earl and suchey.

I go searching...

find this here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4770

looks like the soldiers on the pics mentioned above. So they really seem to be earl & sucheys work as well.

All looking great. But are those russian soldiers shown above also part of the modern USMC marpat pack? Or are they going to be released separately? and if yes, whats they're developing status?

This question might seem dumb. I know. But I really am confused...

I believe those are Naval spetznaz and if I remember correctly, they will be released in the Marine assault pack.

Arch.