Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

Quote[/b] ]But with the plates in it becomes very heavy and hot

Ummm... yes, I can imagine it'd do that.

Bring extra water, get shot... die... suffer through some heat..

But I wouldn't say that too loudly man, the government might just get the idea to add "Ventilation Holes" which'd be just about the right size and in the right spots *Holds up 10x10inch Cardboard panel and holds it over center mass* for a decent gunner to put some in you.

AK

yes, SGTKOPP. I never said it wouldn't be hot and heavy, just that it's not as hot and heavy as the PASGT vest with plates. (can you imagine what that would have felt like?). But it's worth the extra suffering for sure!

You just watch yourself and the man next to you out there, allright? Good luck, mate!

I just find I absorb a lot of bullets - once a direct hit from 20 meters away, 7.62x51mm (PKM) to the face - and shrapnel, whatnot. Sorta reduces gameplay a little I find. Shutting up.

AK

I have never seen that happen, i can kill the delta/rangers with a pistol bullet to the face, anyway any more comments on the Delta/Ranger armour should probably be put into the bas thread, dont want to send suchey/earls thread offtopic.

Yes, yes, getting back ontopic now.

Umm... what to say, what to say. I'm going with the time-honoured: "Looks fantastic."

Looks great, eagerly awaiting release, whenever that is.

AK

As I understand it, the US military had a serious shortage of the plate inserts for the interceptor system entering the Iraq war. Many of the troops did not have these inserts available to them. However, the Marines in our package are well funded. biggrin_o.gif

The interceptor, with its metal plate inserts, can defeat multiple 7.62mm rounds. Thats not to say that a bullet punching you in the chest at 900 m/s isnt going to put a serious hurtin on ya...but better to have a broken rib than a gaping hole. We have attempted to create a environment with this package that reflects the better protection offered in modern warfare with the human element factored in by creating the blunt force and beeding scripting. Game play wise, many of the features found in the player controled units (such as bleeding and such) will also be available to mission editors to put onto other units via event handler additions in the missions.

A bit more background on the effects scripting...when you are knocked to the ground, you also lose your bearings by a random degree. This is not to say that you will turn around 180 degress, but you will also not be able to hold a target and continue shooting on the mark if you are struck by an enemy bullet. If bleeding starts, your soldiers will also experience short bouts of "blackout"...these are a simple quick fade effect based on the severity of your wound...and although it doesnt impede your progress completely, it is enough to let you know that you are wounded. The player will also be able to hear their heart beat as they bleed (which becomes faster as the player bleeds out more)....an audible indication of your status. I think you guys will really like the system that Tactician has scripted for these units....and of course, if you dont, they can be turned off.

Quote[/b] ]As I understand it, the US military had a serious shortage of the plate inserts for the interceptor system entering the Iraq war. Many of the troops did not have these inserts available to them. However, the Marines in our package are well funded.

I am Canadian. The words military and funding in the same paragraph, much less the same page are unfamiliar to me. *Hint Hint*

Man oh man, these things are gonna kick some ass. It'll be another 20 years before OFP gets old for me now.

AK

A bit more background on the effects scripting...when you are knocked to the ground, you also lose your bearings by a random degree.  This is not to say that you will turn around 180 degress, but you will also not be able to hold a target and continue shooting on the mark if you are struck by an enemy bullet.  If bleeding starts, your soldiers will also experience short bouts of "blackout"...these are a simple quick fade effect based on the severity of your wound...and although it doesnt impede your progress completely, it is enough to let you know that you are wounded.  The player will also be able to hear their heart beat as they bleed (which becomes faster as the player bleeds out more)....an audible indication of your status.  I think you guys will really like the system that Tactician has scripted for these units....and of course, if you dont, they can be turned off.

Would it be possible for these effects to be put into something like the ECP (with your kind permission of course) so that they automatically applied to any unit placed in the editor?

Also, I take it the effects won't affect the AI? It would be nice if they did but short of some genius scripting I can't see it happening really. Just thought I'd ask though. smile_o.gif

Tactician would be the man to talk to in regard to using the scripts...he did make it completely portable and it comes in its own stand alone file labeled TACTevents. It would be very easy for other addons to addopt the effects. In fact, I believe the "wargames" league is using the same effects package. You can contact Tactician via the PM functions or forums located at www.digitalgrenade.com

The AI won't respond to most of these functions...that is correct. Its an effective simulation for the human players but probably would only serve to "weird out" the AI. I dont know a whole lot about scripting personally so my views on this are based only on what I have heard and read.

Don't stress, 'Suchey Claus' will be both generous and early this year.

Ok, I screwed up a bit with this _SERIOUS_ video.

Good enough for me! smile_o.gif

Javelin - Weapon of Choice.

Sounds catchy! biggrin_o.gif

Nice Video Blackdog! This looks promising

Can not wait to see more videos and pictures

OG

Okay that movie was so Totally COOL man its was the bomb love it make more please smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work, guys biggrin_o.gif

will units have the option of turning off the effects like the bas choppers?

when will suchey claus give its gifts to the people?

I hope it isn't 25dec, at least 10dec. wink_o.gif