Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

What do tanks with these crews do at night ? I mean without NVGoogles its impossible to see anything. sad_o.gif

Head lights? If they dont have those then I feel sorry fro the poor b@st@rds in chechnya. Sitting Ducks in the night. sad_o.gif

What do tanks with these crews do at night ? I mean without NVGoogles its impossible to see anything. sad_o.gif

Head lights? If they dont have those then I feel sorry fro the poor b@st@rds in chechnya. Sitting Ducks in the night. sad_o.gif

LoL they are sitting ducks with headlights on at night biggrin_o.gif

So Suchey can i have an answer to my question?

--> Could you add a NORMAL pair of goggles to the Tankcrewman? please sad_o.gif

...  I dont think either has been officialy shit canned either, so it remains to be seen what is decided.  ...

Who pissed on your parade? Try it with a "c" ... chit canned next time ya shit bird. biggrin_o.gif

Units look great as usual. Waiting impatiently like everyone else. smile_o.gif

Anyhow..

Are the USMC units getting USMC recievers on their rifles?

Or are you sticking to the plain "property of U.S government" look?

Yes, you can have two sights on the same weapon, well, kind of.

Is one weapon addon that uses two sites, I can't remember the name, but its not perfect, I think is using two weapons and a escript or something like that. But is not imposible.

Quote[/b] ]--> Could you add a NORMAL pair of goggles to the Tankcrewman? please

I probably wont be adding goggles to the units for 3 reasons...

One, I have never seen a picture of a Russian armored crew wearing them. Im sure they are available, but for some reason they dont seem to be used too often.

Two, the goggles have become an indicator of sides for adversarial missions. None of the Russian units have goggles, where as many of the US units do. They may look VERY different at close ranges, but in the heat of combat, its not easy to spot the differences at a distance, and every little indicator helps.

Three (most important), there is a face count that I am not willing to go over in order to maintain performance. Goggles eat up ALOT of polys and points in order to make them look decent. I am trying to keep a good level of performance in these units, and thus far I have been able to maintain an acceptable level of polys and points. My glass ceiling is 1800 polys for the top LOD (most of the units are well below this level). As a comparison, the default OFP soldiers from the demo are approximately 1600 polys with OFP Resistance civilians reaching somewhat higher. In both polys and points, I will remain within 200 of the default soldier level to ensure that the addon plays at or near the same level of performance as the BIS default soldiers. Thus far we have beta testers with a wide variety of machines (even some 500mhz PCs) and all have reported performance of the units to be excellent and nearly the same as the BIS defualt units. I have worked hard to keep a close eye on the soldiers performance level and one of my main goals is to make them playable on-line and also work well even for people not running top of the line equipment.

Quote[/b] ]Are the USMC units getting USMC recievers on their rifles?

I personally did not know there was a difference. If you mean the embossed USMC symbol on it, then no...they are simply gunmetal at this point. Im not 100% sure what Earl has in store for in the long run though...so maybe?

Quote[/b] ]Who pissed on your parade? Try it with a "c" ... chit canned next time ya shit bird.

Im not sure what that means rock.gif ...however, what I was trying to say is that neither the "Urban T" or the "Urban Marpat" has been adopted, BUT neither have been given a definate no-go by the USMC either. On a side note, keep in mind that since Urban Marpat has not been standardized yet, you may find pictures of it around in varying shades and colors...example, there are some pics which include brown splotches, while others include specs of an almost white color over a darker grey. I have chosen to use a darker variety because I thought it conveyed a good 'black ops' type look (it is not as dark as the picutre makes it appear and it has been lightened since those shots).

Thanks for the comments guys! Im glad you like them thus far. I know that its been a while, but rest assured that you will be able to use these units at some point in the near future (we have no solid date yet...sorry). Thanks for your patients...we dont exactly have a large group of developers...its just Earl making weapons, me making soldiers, and Tact doing some scripting. I hope that you will find them to be worth the wait when they are available for download.

Yay. Near future. I'll take a picture of me now, post it here. Then I won't shave until they are released, and then I'll take another pic and post it here before I shave off the beard, unless I like it. I wonder what my C/O will say. Hehe. They look amazing.. Break its legs! It has talent! Don't let it get away! tounge_o.gif

AK

Yay. Near future. I'll take a picture of me now, post it here. Then I won't shave until they are released, and then I'll take another pic and post it here before I shave off the beard, unless I like it. I wonder what my C/O will say. Hehe. They look amazing.. Break its legs! It has talent! Don't let it get away!  tounge_o.gif

AK

LOL Post it hehehe

Im not sure what that means  rock.gif  

Marines use the words chit canned in their normal day to day jargon. A chit usually refers to a piece of paper. Alot of people hear the words but confuse it with shit... some actually mean it. Just giving you a hard time ... biggrin_o.gif

How about an update to that server of yours. Wouldn't mind seeing the BAS units and missions and some of the nicer russian hardware included in another addon pack??? I find the addon pack you use currently seriously outdated but thats my humble opinion.

The current addon pack on the server IS seriously outdated...you are correct in that my friend. Rest assured that there will be a new pack of addons. We will probably give the old pack an overhaul as well. It has served its purpose very well, but the time has come to update. I have already started to work on getting together additional addons for it. This is actually a very "ON TOPIC" issue...the USMC and Russians will most deffinately be used on the server and additional addons such as RedHammer Tanks, AKM74's light armor, etc will be added around the Marine pack. We already have a good variety of missions created for them and Im sure than number will grow. On the first day of availability, users will have a place to use the Marine pack on-line with plenty of missions.

In regard to the "chit can" thing...I had no idea that was a Marine oriented phrase! I remember my dad saying it alot and I guess it just got stuck in my head. You learn something new every day! biggrin_o.gif

Suchey, the only difference in the recievers are that it has the USMC insignia.. it's not that big a deal (since noone but me would look for it) but it would be cool.

I didn't realize that the USMC project expanded to include making a Russian tanker.

AK

Well, when I got AKM74 on the beta team he asked Suchey if he would like to make a tanker for his APC pack, and Suchey agreed... at the same time AKM told me this, and now, ALL of RHS and the community know about it smile_o.gif

Ahh. It all makes sense now. I'd say your textures rival those of Ucee-Fin. (UCE) That is something I have never said since I saw his units. BTW, are those RF Naval Infantry / MORPEH (Same thing right?) wearing Flora or VSR? Because there are something like 15 differnt types of VSR, but only one Flora pattern. Your uniform looks a bit more like Flora at the moment. Just seeking confirmation because I have no self-confidence and sorta need that boosted right now. Can I have a pat on the head?

AK tounge_o.gif

As far as I know, the USMC has not officially adopted any urban pattern yet.  I know "Urban T" and "Urban Marpat" are both in experimental stages, but neither have been officialy put into use.  I dont think either has been officialy shit canned either, so it remains to be seen what is decided.  (the cammo in the pics above has been made a bit lighter in shde to some extent since those pictures were taken)  The reason I used the Marpat is that it worked better in a varity of environments and acutally does a rather good job of providing cammo even in wooded areas.

As far as I know the USMC is adopting the Urban Cammies. I saw some Recon Marines a few days ago wearing the MARPAT Urban Cammies during a training ex at our gas chamber here on base

Did anyone else see that new "Laid Back" Sniper position using some of Earl and Suchey's Russian Naval Infantry and what looked like a SVD-S rifle?

AK

Okay, so that SVD-S rifle is coming from RHS. Check. But those are Russian Naval Infantry right?

AK

Yeah...those are a couple of the soldiers that Im making for the "Marine Pack".

Well Some peps think that the sniper anim will be availble crazy_o.gif  but it wont I made it to shadow to show my skills, and will only be in the game if soul or shadow says so wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Nice work on it Cribban btw. and Suchey and Earl veeeery nice work like the look of the Russians.