Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

the video has low fps ew, why dont u just make a real long mpg?

because it's a real long download smile_o.gif

the low FPS is because fraps reallllly slows down your framerate smile_o.gif

BD, you just have to accept that no-one cares about your pathetic, ugly Marines with their...c_undecided.gif*drool* perfect...scrumptuous...AKs and RPKs...*slobber*...and perfect textures...mouth_water.gif Erm, excuse me for a moment while I go look at those uninteresting vids 1 more time wink_o.gif

You know how some artists say that God is talking to them through their work? Well, some screens of Earl and Suchey's work need to hang in the Louvere. (Probably misspelt. That prestigious art museum in France.) These are THE absolutly BEST units I have ever seen. I can hardly believe that the perfect AK-74M rifle was created in O2 like that.. its outstanding! And if it is a CS import, this would be the only time I'd EVER let a CS - to - OFP import onto my HardDrive.

Amazing, simply, Amazing. Those videos are awesome.

-AK

Nope they aren't CS conversions, earl just has the talent wink_o.gif.

That is amazing. Simply amazing. We need to print off some really high-gloss copies of his work, frame them, and mail them to some museum, to be enshrined for all of eternity. I'm sure that when BIS says their suprised by how far the community has came, they never expected this.

AK

Hey just a little update...we have been beta testing everynight (i think were up to 4a now), and I think the major bugs (not many) have been eliminated.....These Marpats and their new weapons & scripts kick some serious arse. The level of detail that Earl & Suchey ( and the rest of their team) have put into this addon is well worth the wait. All I can say is they will be your favorite addon when they are released! wink_o.gif

ch7news.jpg

get more info here....

digitalgrenade

You did not see the thwomping I gave blackdog the other day in my BMP2. It was very gratifying.

You did not see the thwomping I gave blackdog the other day in my BMP2. It was very gratifying.

Then I kicked your ass with an M60... what a loser tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Canadian military sucks?

No they just shit themselfs when the yanks are about...

(and then the [unlikely] comment about the Warrants Sh*tting themselves)

Sorry to resurrect an off-topic comment. . . though the CF uses CADPAT. . . so that's my excuse. . . (that and the last several posts are equally as off-topic, so I don't feel so bad)

AK, I didn't know you were so short on knowledge about your own military. . . maybe you should go regs just to set you straight. . . it's obvious that you've never been with a CF unit on an Ex with American troops before. . . (there are reasons why the US Army and the USMC have adopted so much Canadian kit in recent years, if you catch my drift.)

Hehe. . . I'd like to introduce you to some guys from 3RCR. . . you can have a chat with them about how much they suck. . .

Back on topic. . . as a Canadian, (Soldier [who "sucks"]) I'm loving these Marines and the MARPAT on them. . . (and as an RHS member, I'm loving the Naval Infantry dudes. . . I just read this whole thread beginning to end. . .)

Hopes here that some recent developments at ON* and RHS will provide them with a LAV-25 to unass from (we're making unprecedented progress in the wheeled-vehicle class). . . (Of course, since the LAV series used by the US is of Swiss design and comes out of GM Defense Canada. . . it probably "sucks" . . . so I'm not sure why I'm bothering. . . LOL)

w0rd canadian bro!

marines copied the cf with the whole cadpat marpat thing right? ah well keep up the good work all of ya

Quote[/b] ]Canadian military sucks?

No they just shit themselfs when the yanks are about...

(and then the [unlikely] comment about the Warrants Sh*tting themselves)

Sorry to resurrect an off-topic comment. . . though the CF uses CADPAT. . . so that's my excuse. . . (that and the last several posts are equally as off-topic, so I don't feel so bad)

AK, I didn't know you were so short on knowledge about your own military. . . maybe you should go regs just to set you straight. . . it's obvious that you've never been with a CF unit on an Ex with American troops before. . . (there are reasons why the US Army and the USMC have adopted so much Canadian kit in recent years, if you catch my drift.)

Hehe. . . I'd like to introduce you to some guys from 3RCR. . . you can have a chat with them about how much they suck. . .

Back on topic. . . as a Canadian, (Soldier [who "sucks"]) I'm loving these Marines and the MARPAT on them. . . (and as an RHS member, I'm loving the Naval Infantry dudes. . . I just read this whole thread beginning to end. . .)

Hopes here that some recent developments at ON* and RHS will provide them with a LAV-25 to unass from (we're making unprecedented progress in the wheeled-vehicle class). . . (Of course, since the LAV series used by the US is of Swiss design and comes out of GM Defense Canada. . . it probably "sucks" . . . so I'm not sure why I'm bothering. . . LOL)

at the current moment the canadians hold the longest sniper kill during a war which was in afghanistan

i think it was 2100m

so therefore i think canadian troops are pretty impressive

also remember the snipers were wearing GREEN cadpat in the DESERT when they did that........cause our gov't was too cheap for the desert/arid cadpat

Friendly fire incidents? Which ones? The one where a US pilot killed four Canadians? Let's please not bring that up, it's quite a sore point, and I'm sure we'd all rather not talk about it.

Yeah. . . Those snipers were nominated for four bronze stars by the US, but the Canadian Government wouldn't let them accept them. . . (there's a darker side to the story; again, not the sort of conversation we should be having here, like the above, it risks becoming a flame war.)

Quote[/b] ]also remember the snipers were wearing GREEN cadpat in the DESERT when they did that........cause our gov't was too cheap for the desert/arid cadpat

*Buzzer*

Wrong again. . . That's a more complex story as well, and it has much more to do with timing than anything else (though a bit has to do with some poorly thought-out choices in the executive branch). This year CADPAT/AR is available. When they left it wasn't, like the USMC MARPAT, you can't go to war with kit that hasn't been issued yet. They liked the CADPAT/TW, in fact, so much that this time they had the option of taking the AR, and they opted to wear TW again.

I'm sooooo sick of the media cooked-up "underfunded" story about the CADPAT I could just scream.

Err. . . and the Snipers weren't wearing CADPAT then, they were wearing a british desert pattern.

Related to the Russian marines, do they still use T-55's or have they been re-equipped with other versions?

Russians don't have Marines they have Naval Infantry and from contadicting popular belief Naval Infantry are actully part of the army and not the Navy.They were designed to attack Scandenavia (i think that's how you spell it) so Russian Naval Forces can move out of the Balltic and the Barnets Seas into the North Sea so they can attack NATO countries.

Now that you are through with the semantics (its Scandinavia btw ;) ) could you answer the question instead? tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]also remember the snipers were wearing GREEN cadpat in the DESERT when they did that........cause our gov't was too cheap for the desert/arid cadpat

*Buzzer*

Wrong again. . . That's a more complex story as well, and it has much more to do with timing than anything else (though a bit has to do with some poorly thought-out choices in the executive branch). This year CADPAT/AR is available. When they left it wasn't, like the USMC MARPAT, you can't go to war with kit that hasn't been issued yet. They liked the CADPAT/TW, in fact, so much that this time they had the option of taking the AR, and they opted to wear TW again.

I'm sooooo sick of the media cooked-up "underfunded" story about the CADPAT I could just scream.

Err. . . and the Snipers weren't wearing CADPAT then, they were wearing a british desert pattern.

i didnt really mean the snipers I mean the soldiers all together, sorry if i messed up the part about the gov't being too cheap to spring for the cadpat/ar

I think the first attempt in making digital camo was made by the soviets in late 1970s - 1980. they made the KLMK "computer pattern", which is similar to KZS which BIS used for the Soviets in OFP. ;)

KLMK closeup

Russian naval infantry is part of the navy becase every Russian fleet has it's own regiment or Division of naval infantry.