Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

From what I have heared smile_o.gif only Army has Special forces.

All other so called special forces are SOC, special operations capable (sp?). But I don't think that this does really matter because some of them do quite similar "work"..

Naval Spetsnaz are the Russian equivalent of the British SBS or the USN SEAL teams.... only a lot more vicious, like cornered rabid wolves with assault weapons and the know-how to make use of them, and anything else they encounter. They can also be very delicate.

Naval Spetsnaz forces usually carry the same equipment as Naval Infantry forces, except that you'll never know Naval Spetsnaz. They are very secretive.

Quote[/b] ]I'm looking forward to new Spetzntatz units as for some reason the old cleaning lady style headcloth looks kinda out of place on the standard BIS ones

The "Cleaning Lady" headcloth/Headscarf thing does look a little out of place. It all depends on the operator themselves. Of course, BIS Spetsnaz are the Airborne kind, and would probably have a helmet, which would then be replaced by a Jungle Cap on the ground after the jump. If you look at their sleeve, you'll notice the Airborne "Guards" insignia. That or they are Army spetsnaz, same gear, differnt insigs.

Quote[/b] ]It does indeed. The addon is not based around Spetz or Force Recon, but Special Forces will enter the picture to a limited extent.

So when you say that, you mean that the objective here is that you'll have Main-Force USMC and MORPEH troopers, but you'll also have Special-Operations units without the entire project turning into a BAS - SF clone?

Again, awesome work. I can barely wait.

AK

Yes...the main project is the regular USMC and RNM troops...the spec ops guys are a sideline...we dont expect to create an entire squad of them, but they will be represented.

I think the marines have just started a new SOC unit, I forget what it's called:

From a SOCOM search at www.usmc.mil:

"The deputy commander also pointed to the fusing of a Marine

Corps USSOCOM detachment into a naval special warfare

squadron. His command and the Marine Corps have signed an

agreement where a Marine force "will jointly train and

deploy with naval special warfare in the spring of 2004."

But we will be doing Force Recon.

Earl: The USMC's 'new' unit that will be attached to US SOCOM is called Detachment 1. The unit will comprise of 80-90 Marines along with Corpsman. It is based at MCB Camp Pendleton, CA.

George

Perhaps this might be called an SRT? (Special Reaction Team.)

AK

Yes...the main project is the regular USMC and RNM troops...the spec ops guys are a sideline...we dont expect to create an entire squad of them, but they will be represented.

guess

i was not wrong on u guys making a spec op unit

now imagine wat that would b

the cia sas

the dean corp

the green berets

the new us marine group to be part of socom

Perhaps this might be called an SRT? (Special Reaction Team.)

AK

they are not really spec ops

more like a swat for us marines

but i dont think that they will be that effective if a couple of force recon soldiers decide to take up or capture a building or hold it

cia sas stands for special activities staff

most of theyre operatives are ex seals..delta..or cia field agents but are even more extensively trained

its on a spec ops website

http://www.specialoperations.com/Domestic/CIA/SAS/Default.html

i doubt theyll make it anyways since they have no pacific clothing or weapons etc etc

just wishing

i just wish they make those new spec op marines just a few

wouldnt care if it was a squad or not

Hell, I'm just waiting for these incredibly detailed units to be released so I can mow down Resistance soldiers.

AK

LOL....COPYRIGHT BREACH!!!  biggrin_o.gif

EVERYONE knows that SAS really stands for Special Air Service  smile_o.gif

What were they thinking? mad_o.gif

( tounge_o.gif )

Probably that the Real SAS would come and save their CIA asses if the Sh*t hit the fan.

AK

The only SF units that are coming with the Marines were just mentioned a page ago - Force Recon and Naval Spetznaz. No SOCOM Marines, CIA, Green Berets or OMON antiterror units. Just plain old Force Recon and Naval Spetznaz...

Yes. It was mentioned that they'd be the only 2. We got off topic and started discussing differnt SF teams just off one person mentioning something he heard about a SWAT like Marine unit stationed at Camp Pendleton was it..

But, this M-40A3 I hear of, is this going to be a "Clean" rifle, with a plain stock, or is it going to be camo'ed up and ghillied, or what's likely to happen with it? Any pictures of the M-40A3?

AK

It will be clean, at least for the first version. The M40A3 has a green plastic MacMillan A4 stock, which looks quite nice. No plans to add ghillie for now, but might be nice later on if I have time.

Sorry if I sound pequish(spell?) but, what is with the flat orizontal pice on top of the front mount of the escope?

Looks like a fixin for something like a lamp.

I'm not crticising, I'm just curious, I though I new enough about escopes and I'm missing something smile_o.gif

I think it's a small Rail Interface System. A rail on which you can mount various scopes like Acog, reflec, holo, ect. This is so the sniper can also use his weapon effectifly on short ranges.

@Cero: The M-16A4 Battle/Assault Rifle has a detatchable carrying handle. Underneath this handle is a 5 or so inch Pictanny rail, NATO standard for attatching Optical equipment. The M-16A4 can mount almost any sighting system with a Pictanny-Rail Mount.

AK

yeah and that rail mount is fixed to the M40 and holds the scope. (I think you forgot to say that AKM) wink_o.gif

Are you going to keep that Harris bipod where it is, or do you plan to make a version with the unfolded bipod?