I think I’ve seen it posted before, not sure.

Just recently played a game where most of my loot was ammo.

I fully loaded my clip on my guns, dropped all ammo for those guns.

Picked up and maxed my slots with good ammo.

Returned to shelter and lost all ammo loaded in my guns, but kept all good ammo.

I can join and leave an encounter without shooting a single round and keep all ammo loaded and inventory.

might have to do with an all ammo pack. Not sure

I’ve addressed this in a prior post as well. It’s especially frustrating when you find the stash with an ADR and A1/Pura but cannot use them that match if you want to retain the ammo for later. Ammo isn’t to expensive to craft but it is unfortunate to lose ammo that you don’t use.

It is especially annoying if you lose ammo that you cannot craft yet. The problem here is that all weapons are unloaded as soon as you leave an encounter and go back to your shelter. The unloaded ammo is then put back to your inventory, but if your backpack is already full, that ammo is lost. A simple way to prevent this from happening is to free up enough space in your inventory for the ammo that is loaded in your guns before you leave the encounter. Although this should be adressed by the devs, for example by not havig guns unloaded when leaving the encounter but unoading them when they are put into stash instead.

Read my response to Ammo in general discussion.