crp19851

AI Squad unable to swim short distance

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to get an AI squad to cross a short distance by swimming? I believe the distance would not be more than 60-70 meters maybe a little bit more. Right now only the squad leader takes a swim; the rest of the squad just sits at the shoreline looking dumb lol. If I can't figure out a way I may have to scrap and delete three missions I've worked on and chose a different location. Every time I come up with an idea I'm hindered by the inability of the AI to do anything. I'm frustrated and disappointed that the AI can't swim or cross bridges.

If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it thanks!

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Reduced to normal size

I would try putting at least one intermediate waypoint in the water between the 2 shores, putting group in FILE formation, and running this on the ai before they cross:

{
	_x disableAI "FSM";
} foreach units group LeaderOfTeamThatIsSwimming;

Disabling FSM tends to make units ignore formation and move directly to next point.  Not sure if that will work well with swimming or not.

If the above doesn't work, I would give each ai in the group a moveTo command when they are on starting shore, to a point on ending shore.  This would have them move independently from the group.  You can have a trigger on the ending shore that has them return to formation once they all have crossed.  That should work, as they each unit will be pathing independently (like the leader does who you say actually makes it to the other side).  You may need to disableAI "FSM" for this approach also.

• Like 2