zsneerfulz

Arma 3 Battleye Trojan Detection

I got an update for Arma3 BEService.exe and my virus software is blocking it. It says its a trojan.Heur2 at c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\downloading\107410\BattlEye\BEService.exe.

If I scan the BEService.exe in the arma3 folder that hasn't been updated no virus are detected. Is it possible there is a trojan with this new BEService.exe update?

My game does not start if Battleye is active. There is no error message and just nothing happens when i click on Play.

In the launcher logs is [ WARN]    24   ServerBrowser.Service: Server failed to responsed to rules request: 0.0.0.0:0

My PC:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060

ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming

16GB, DDR4-3000

Same problem. I just bought this game, clean install.
Tried verifying files.
Tried deleting battleye, re-installing it.
Tried running game, launcher, and battleye as administrator.
Tried restarting everything.
I use Battleye with a bunch of other games (ARK, Atlas, Escape from Tarkov, etc) with no issues.

Seems to be something with Battleye on the launcher go to battleye and uncheck it. Seems to have fixed it. Looks like a battleye update came out today and that seems to be the problem

• Like 1

HELP!!!
I cant open Arma III on steam/louncher. I pressed the button "Start", but nothing happens. But game can startet with arma3.exe on folder. What could be the problem? 

3 hours ago, Aleer02 said:

HEKP!!!
I cant open Arma III on steam/louncher. I pressed the button "Start", but nothing happens. But game can startet with arma3.exe on folder. What could be the problem? 

I've moved your thread to the correct section. Your Arma not working isn't really "news".

The problem IS that your Antivirus is blocking Battleye.

Disable your Antivirus, or add an exception for Battleye. Or just wait, BI is already preparing the fix and it should be there shortly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zsneerfulz said:

Is it possible there is a trojan with this new BEService.exe update?

No, but it is possible that your antivirus is giving you a false positive, just make an exception for it.  Which antivirus are you using out of interest? 

Update: I had added an exception in Bit Defender which allowed it to download and run. Thanks.