Rzqt

Constant crash on $3400 gaming laptop

Hello

thank you for your time reading this. My Arma 3 constantly crashes no matter what, i have done everything i can from:

-reinstalling

-verify integrity of game files

-Deleting all mods

-fully resetting pc

-restarting internet

-most youtube videos

even when my pc is cold it still crashes, i am done, i have no clue how to fix this rather then buy another pc..... i need help. Please

i have over 1700 hours on this game and why now does it do this? 

MAIN SPECS

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.92 GB RAM usable)

Does it give you an exit code when crashing? 

Could you share your rpt (I'd link how to find it but I'm on my phone so: google arma rpt and the first link should tell yiu what you need. Paste the contents into pastebin.com or something similar)?

Are you running any other programs simultaneously?

What's your cpu/gpu temperature like?

19 hours ago, stanhope said:

Does it give you an exit code when crashing? 

Could you share your rpt (I'd link how to find it but I'm on my phone so: google arma rpt and the first link should tell yiu what you need. Paste the contents into pastebin.com or something similar)?

Are you running any other programs simultaneously?

What's your cpu/gpu temperature like?

hello

thank you for your reply and yes i am running mainly teamspeak or discord simultaneously but i have tried without them both and they still dont work, my tempratures are always really good.

------------------------------------------------------------ RPT BELOW-----------------------------------------------

Arma 3 Troubleshooting Report

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please report this on Arma 3 Feedback Tracker (http://feedback.arma3.com). Thanks to you we may fix the issue faster.

----------------------
Process exit
----------------------
Exit code:           0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Running time:        00:03:17.3069843

----------------------
System information
----------------------
Date:                2019-10-17 04:43:21 / 2019-10-17 17:43:21 +13
Current dir:         C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3
Command line:        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe" C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 -profiles=Profiles
CLR version:         4.0.30319.42000
OS Version:          10.0.18362.0 (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18362.0)
OS 64 bit:           True
Process 64 bit:      False
Culture:             en-NZ
UI Culture:          en-US

----------------------
Last game report
----------------------
not provided

That's not actually the RPT but that's good enough for now, it tells me that even though your OS is a 64 bit system you're running the 32 bit version of arma.  Have a look at your launch settings to force it to run the 64 bit version of arma.  If that doesn't fix it run over this list:

Spoiler

-Try joining another server, then rejoin the previous one.

-Update the graphics card drivers to a newer version.

-Rollback the graphics card drivers to an older version.

-Check the temperature of your GPUs and CPUs.

-Verify the integrity of the game cache using Steam.

-Re-install DirectX.

-Uninstall the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package (both x86 and x64 version), restart your computer and install the package again (do not use the Repair function).

-Run a Windows System File Check tool to repair corrupted system files.

Links to some of the stuff mentioned can be found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unusual_process_exit#0xC0000005_-_ACCESS_VIOLATION

14 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Won't help considering he can't even start the game.

14 minutes ago, stanhope said:

He said he already did that.

15 minutes ago, stanhope said:

-Re-install DirectX. 

-Uninstall the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package (both x86 and x64 version), restart your computer and install the package again (do not use the Repair function).

I guess

On 10/17/2019 at 6:47 AM, Rzqt said:

-fully resetting pc

already includes that.

15 minutes ago, stanhope said:

He already did that.

Please try the following:

18 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Have a look at your launch settings to force it to run the 64 bit version of arma.

If that doesn't help, go to your launch parameter settings, and set the memory allocator to "system"

if that still doesn't help, do as the crash report window tells you and create a "report" this will get you a zip file. Please upload that somewhere and post the link to it here.

What I really need is the .mdmp file from the crash.

Hey I just copy pasted from the wiki, of course he can skip steps he's already done

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Hey I just copy pasted from the wiki, of course he can skip steps he's already done

Yes I know. But randomly trying out things when the game crashed for whichever of a billion possible reasons isn't always the best way to go.

according to my parameters i already was running 64bit and i tried the other solutions it did not work. i appreciate your help though.

i have found the MDMP file but it is to big to copy and paste it keeps crashing, i dont know how to upload the file

Here is the crash report i didnt know any other way to insert it, if you know how please let me know

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ub3vrqnud8fb7az/ArmaReport_Log_20191017T044321_OMEN.zip/file

17 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Won't help considering he can't even start the game.

He said he already did that.

I guess

already includes that.

He already did that.

Please try the following:

If that doesn't help, go to your launch parameter settings, and set the memory allocator to "system"

if that still doesn't help, do as the crash report window tells you and create a "report" this will get you a zip file. Please upload that somewhere and post the link to it here.

What I really need is the .mdmp file from the crash.

17 hours ago, stanhope said:

That's not actually the RPT but that's good enough for now, it tells me that even though your OS is a 64 bit system you're running the 32 bit version of arma.  Have a look at your launch settings to force it to run the 64 bit version of arma.  If that doesn't fix it run over this list:

Reveal hidden contents

-Re-install DirectX.

Links to some of the stuff mentioned can be found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unusual_process_exit#0xC0000005_-_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Right from your RPT I got the following:

11:45:18 Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!

That's an error I've never seen before and the last entry before both crashes, maybe @Dedmen has an idea what it means?  If not I suggest taking your issue to the feedback tracker, bohemia has tools to look at bidmp and mdmp files. 

8 hours ago, stanhope said:

maybe @Dedmen has an idea what it means?

It means exactly what it says. Something tried to resize an array to negative size.

Didn't have time to look at the crashdump yet.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:41 PM, Dedmen said:

It means exactly what it says. Something tried to resize an array to negative size.

so is there a way to fix this or nope?

On 10/20/2019 at 3:45 AM, stanhope said:

Right from your RPT I got the following:

11:45:18 Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!

That's an error I've never seen before and the last entry before both crashes, maybe @Dedmen has an idea what it means?  If not I suggest taking your issue to the feedback tracker, bohemia has tools to look at bidmp and mdmp files. 

On 10/20/2019 at 12:41 PM, Dedmen said:

is there a way to fix it?

On 10/26/2019 at 1:48 AM, Rzqt said:

is there a way to fix it?

On 10/20/2019 at 1:41 AM, Dedmen said:

this doesn't have that high of a priority for me. And I've been unusually busy last week.

• Sad 1

@Rzqt In the meantime run a Windows Memory Diagnostic test. It will tell you if you have some bad modules in your RAM. It will require a restart of the system.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:12 AM, Rzqt said:

i have found the MDMP file but it is to big to copy and paste it keeps crashing

Its a binary file, you cannot copy-paste it into here.

I have some time right now at work to look at it.. Sadly you are on exactly the arma version that I don't have here. I have the one before and after the 1.94 hotfix, but not the hotfix itself, which is what you're running.

I have it at home, and it just so happens that my home NAS also doesn't work for some reason... Maybe tomorrow then

Okey I have the cause of the crash... That makes no sense though.

Its a corrupt file.

Probably inside this "ds_life316" mission that you are running.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:02 AM, Dedmen said:

Okey I have the cause of the crash... That makes no sense though.

Its a corrupt file.

Probably inside this "ds_life316" mission that you are running.

okay thank you, im not sure how to go about it though as the server i play on is called, Darkside Life and thats what that file looks like, i dont think ill be able to access it and no clue how to fix but i appreciate your time thank you

Hi, I've been lurking on this thread for a while because I've had pretty much the exact same problem as OP. Recently I've found a fix however try starting your launcher, going to options from there click on launcher options and under compatibility tic the box that says "Use an old system dialog for the folder selection." Hope it helps man, it really sucked not being able to play the game for like a month

• Thanks 1