Sign in to follow this  
Matt Hejl

New Player

Want to give this game a go.  Is it an easy learn?  Are there any noobs running around so I will have a chance...lol?

Is the player base big enough to find games easy?

thanks

Welcome to the fray!

Game is relatively easy to pick up. Loot, kill, survive.

Each match, you enter with the weapon and ammo you bring. Ammo brought will be preloaded into the gun so bring at least enough to load it, more if you plan to hunt.

Each map will have a signal detector, a comm station and a boarded house marked on the map. These are shown with blue icons. These tend to be hot areas, so avoid them unless you want a fight.

The boarded house contains a safe, this tends to have an assortment of all the basic loot material in game. Occasionally it’ll have weapons, ammo and healing supplies as well.

The Signal detector is used to locate other players locations. When this goes off, be mindful of your location to it on the map. If you’re near, you may have a player that is coming for you. 

The Comm station is used to at first use, reset the location of the supply drop. After it has been used to set the location and/or 

after plane arrives to drop it off you can use it to see the exact location of the drop.

Starting off, I would recommend using the range to get use to how weapons fire and time of reloads. The scarecrows have the same health as a player so that gives you an idea of how many shots a gun takes to down a player.

Focus in upgrading your table first, it’ll take awhile but it’ll pay off in the long run.

20 hours ago, Kuljack said:

Welcome to the fray!

Game is relatively easy to pick up. Loot, kill, survive.

Each match, you enter with the weapon and ammo you bring. Ammo brought will be preloaded into the gun so bring at least enough to load it, more if you plan to hunt.

Each map will have a signal detector, a comm station and a boarded house marked on the map. These are shown with blue icons. These tend to be hot areas, so avoid them unless you want a fight.

The boarded house contains a safe, this tends to have an assortment of all the basic loot material in game. Occasionally it’ll have weapons, ammo and healing supplies as well.

The Signal detector is used to locate other players locations. When this goes off, be mindful of your location to it on the map. If you’re near, you may have a player that is coming for you. 

The Comm station is used to at first use, reset the location of the supply drop. After it has been used to set the location and/or 

after plane arrives to drop it off you can use it to see the exact location of the drop.

Starting off, I would recommend using the range to get use to how weapons fire and time of reloads. The scarecrows have the same health as a player so that gives you an idea of how many shots a gun takes to down a player.

Focus in upgrading your table first, it’ll take awhile but it’ll pay off in the long run.

I am coming from PUBG...can you hear footsteps and have a good sense of your surroundings?

I am a sound maniac on games that allow it.

52 minutes ago, Matt Hejl said:

I am coming from PUBG...can you hear footsteps and have a good sense of your surroundings?

I am a sound maniac on games that allow it.

You can. After awhile you’ll learn the differences for a player running, crouching and crawling and how those differ from the weather sounds. This game has sunny, raining and cloudy factors ok some maps that give the game even more dynamics. 

You can also get an idea of where a player is by the sound of their footsteps and knowing your surrounding. Snow, gravel, wood floors, metal. They all have different sounds. Whenever a player is near I crank volume up to max to hear them even when they’re crawling.

It you’re cocky like me, you can terrorize another player with your movement noise to force them to hide where you want them to. It’s an aggressive maneuver but it works almost all the time.

6 minutes ago, Kuljack said:

You can. After awhile you’ll learn the differences for a player running, crouching and crawling and how those differ from the weather sounds. This game has sunny, raining and cloudy factors ok some maps that give the game even more dynamics. 

You can also get an idea of where a player is by the sound of their footsteps and knowing your surrounding. Snow, gravel, wood floors, metal. They all have different sounds. Whenever a player is near I crank volume up to max to hear them even when they’re crawling.

It you’re cocky like me, you can terrorize another player with your movement noise to force them to hide where you want them to. It’s an aggressive maneuver but it works almost all the time.

So the radiation is what ends rounds if people are still in the map?  How long does each round typically take?

Some maps are longer than others, due to the length of the map. I believe supply drops come around the 10 min mark? Then radiation take about 10-15mins to cover board. 

You can run away from it toward one of the final exits to max loot during a run. You can even stay within it for awhile, but it slowly minimizes your max health so it’s a good idea to leave to have enough time to extract before that runs out. A couple times I misjudged the time I had left getting greedy, best to head to extraction if your bar is half way radiated.