Hasselberg

How do I get a texture to work - Officer uniform?

Hi

I have made myself a officer uniform in arma3.

The problem is that I cant get it to work, the only thing I manage to get to work is the top part of the skin.

But the officers pants just loads as standard indep camo.

How do I get this to work?

And how do I make this as a config?

Best regards

Sander

2 hours ago, Hasselberg said:

Hi

I have made myself a officer uniform in arma3.

The problem is that I cant get it to work, the only thing I manage to get to work is the top part of the skin.

But the officers pants just loads as standard indep camo.

How do I get this to work?

And how do I make this as a config?

Best regards

Sander

How do you even test this if you don't have a config file?

It's possible he has just overwritten an original .paa file from the main game. I used to do this quite a lot when I first started to learn retexturing. 

@Hasselberg, Depending on what uniform your working on, Arma will sometimes use two separate textures to make one uniform, that could account for the pants loading as standard indep camo.

For help writing a config check out this guide...https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide#Uniform_configuration 

7 hours ago, Mr H. said:

How do you even test this if you don't have a config file?

I dont.

So far I've only used the init of the unit and the "this setObjectTexture..... 

But I want to learn how to use config, if you can dumb it down for me.

7 hours ago, EO said:

It's possible he has just overwritten an original .paa file from the main game. I used to do this quite a lot when I first started to learn retexturing. 

@Hasselberg, Depending on what uniform your working on, Arma will sometimes use two separate textures to make one uniform, that could account for the pants loading as standard indep camo.

For help writing a config check out this guide...https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide#Uniform_configuration 

Thank you so much, so the "hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F_New\BLUFOR\Data\b_soldier_new.paa"};" is where I want to locate the pants file?

It would help to know what uniform you want to retexture, a screenshot or a classname maybe?  

46 minutes ago, EO said:

It would help to know what uniform you want to retexture, a screenshot or a classname maybe?  

It is the I_Officer_F

Nope you've got to upload them to an external site and link here.

2 minutes ago, Mr H. said:

Nope you've got to upload them to an external site and link here.

I did, tried imgur and google disk, but the link just turnes red.

So I_Officer_F uses 2 separate textures to create the uniform, for the jacket it's the officer_spc_co.paa, for the pants it's the ia_soldier_01_clothing_co.paa both those textures are located in the characters_f_beta.pbo

58 minutes ago, EO said:

So I_Officer_F uses 2 separate textures to create the uniform, for the jacket it's the officer_spc_co.paa, for the pants it's the ia_soldier_01_clothing_co.paa both those textures are located in the characters_f_beta.pbo

Thank you so much, I got it to work and figured out a really simple config aswell.

If anyone of you are good at configs please let me know.

Also, if you make a unit in the arsenal, can you in some way copy to clipboard everything he has and post it in the config so the unit spawns with the same gear?

17 minutes ago, Hasselberg said:

Also, if you make a unit in the arsenal, can you in some way copy to clipboard everything he has and post it in the config so the unit spawns with the same gear?

Not directly but someone recently published an addon that allowed it. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1771335720