Weapon-Fetish

Terrain Builder Sampler Properties

Hello all ,

Currently ive making a Real World Data Terrain but have some trouble with the right properties in Terrain Builder.

I allready read many over the properties in pmcs guide but it seems i wouldnt understand it right .

I will that my map is 40x40 km big . and the cell size not to big as best 10 because i want prevent some issues with my surface mask

Before i spilt my sat map into 4x4 tiles each 10240 big and this was working with my setting without issues , but i merged it to 2x2 tiles each 20480 big to edit it in photoshop better later .

And here the ugly result after importing and generating.

UZ9zaAl.png

uvxmUJo.png

The result is that over the complete map the Sat image seems to be overlapped.

What i must change to eleminate that ugly fail

Try the sat/suf tiles at 1024x1024 and the texture layer size at 40x40

delete the existing layers folder than re-export and convert to paa. See if that fixes the problem 

• Thanks 1

Yay I still got it! 😂

Glad to hear it’s working. Now comes the fun part. Object placement 🙂

Just to add to what M1lkm8n said, if your clearing your layers folder it's a good idea to also  delete your map_name.grid.000.v4w file. For most people its in source\TerrainBuilder or where you saved your project to.

It can sometimes get corrupt which leads to buldozer (and pboproject, due to corrupt .wrp) not being able to find your layers files even through they are there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoF said:

Just to add to what M1lkm8n said, if your clearing your layers folder it's a good idea to also  delete your map_name.grid.000.v4w file. For most people its in source\TerrainBuilder or where you saved your project to.

It can sometimes get corrupt which leads to buldozer (and pboproject, due to corrupt .wrp) not being able to find your layers files even through they are there

Yeah haha i had all this 2 issues Before specially this part with the Grid File who TB needs Forever too create one when generating 🙂 I LOVE IT ....

4 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

Now comes the fun part. Object placement 🙂

Yes but before the Badass Part ... Fiddling out how Terrain Processor Work and having good Results with it without using existing Templates because its for Dayz . Thats would be Loooooong Days 😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Weapon-Fetish said:

Yes but before the Badass Part ... Fiddling out how Terrain Processor Work and having good Results with it without using existing Templates because its for Dayz . Thats would be Loooooong Days 😄

ah you should have mentioned it was for dayz in your first post. Dayz terrain making is in a pretty bad state compared to A3

4 hours ago, RoF said:

ah you should have mentioned it was for dayz in your first post. Dayz terrain making is in a pretty bad state compared to A3

Yeah Like the Game Itself i know 😄 when Theres No way to Finish this Terrain with Good Resluts i will Grab my datas and Port This to Arma 3 . I'll think i do this anyways  .But Thats the Future. As so Far all Working good . Ive God my Ground Texture Working ,A perrty Nice Surface Mask , All City names in the right Format , All Configs Ready to Go , There only a couple of Things Left , Object Placement , Loot Economy , A Normal Map , and a Navmesh , Oyeah And Roads . Big Things but with Time everyone can handle this i Think