SavageNinja63

Poor game updates may cause game to die 1.1

Vigor may might as well die in its current state or ward off new or  casual players. I consider myself lucky to "Beat the destruction" and what I mean by that is the crown generator nerf along with 1.1 . I'll explain why this makes since. You go into a match and with no loot boost there is barely any  loot besides barred house and general houses.The problem is now that with a new player only getting like 3 crowns a day with a low level generator. Math it up and it take about 10 days to do a loot upgrade.But what's worse is it take 15 days of daily collecting to get an airdrop upgrade 45 crowns. A new player will not like to use a pistol because all ammo is hard to find and guns are hard to get. How did I get all my guns. Through airdrops. If the airdrops aren't leveled up the new player can't get decent plans to craft guns and the compatible ammo. What is insult to injury is the fact that airdrops make you super slow. Like half speed. A player  without a good weapon will get shot tuh hell by another player because they move slow and are new to the game. The only way to progress in the game is to get a stock of guns and crafting plans. The creators sealed their fate in changing  the sense of progress to  0 when it take too long for the noob  player to get out of the crater. no good guns are  easily obtainable because of skill required to get airdrop with slowing effect and marked effect.upgrades occur  at approximately 1/3 as often as before the crowns nerf took effect, theoretically anyway 20 was max  upgrade now is 6.4 . Good  upgrades are so rare now that your lucky to be in a game that has a 250% loot or a blue crate. What's even worse is if the airdrop  is upgraded to special issue or military grade. Only one person gets it .4 people just spend 15 days of crowns I to only have 1 person get it. So you have to basically get lucky that a veteran isn't going for drop because your screwed when your getting killed  by an ADR or AUR A1. Suomi has now been nerfed and so no lower grade guns are top tier anymore in competitive nature. A pistol with 16 rounds isn't enough ammo to effective kill an experienced player. 

Basically the new players are put in a hole because of weapon access and the penalties that make the game realistic.I understand the airdrop is heavy and needs to "slow you down"  but you cannot limit the main thing that is used to progress a new players competitive level in the game. You start out as non self sustaining on loot and thus looting is only method to gain items. If guns didn't take ammo this whole issue would go from a Nuke to a conventional ww1 bomb. You can get the gun but  not a reliable source of ammo for it. Digging out of this hole takes skill and an extreme amount of time, a casual or new player will drop your game if it's too difficult and time consuming because many people can't  play 6 plus hours a day maximum basically the game is rigged as if everyone has a self sustaining community backing them up. When your self sustaining you can go for airdrop and use a good gun to basically Nuke players  with no guns. You are basically a slave that gets whipped  up when they eat there 4 oz daily meal. And drink the muddy water. You have no way of conventionly getting out of this mess in a effective manner. This may as well kill your game and or nullify that chances of it blowing up even larger inn the future. 

Hi Ninja,

I am in agreement with some of your comments. Particularly the lowering of crowns from the antenna and the diminishing sprint bar for getting the airdrop, which I think it's a good concept overall, but maybe a little too punitive and could be backed off a touch.

But, I have to disagree with your thoughts on new players and weapons. I recall starting the game last year and before my first encounter, watched some of the very few available videos on YouTube. Being short of weapons, plans, ammo (basically everything) I took a very early decision to learn the maps naked. Each encounter, unless killed I managed to come out with loot including weapons and ammo. There was no boosting then, so levels were consistent with a no boost encounter now.

What I trying to say is that if your patient, you can build up a lot of weapons and ammo as well as useful loot with very little risk to your weapon stash. Also, now if you have a compatible weapon you can craft ammo. That wasn't always the case.

For me personally, I want a game that makes me think and devise tactics to get what I want. If the games too easy my interest soon fades. I would recommend that new players don't go into encounters fully loaded, with a shed full of ammo, but take a low risk approach and learn the maps, develop routes around them and become familiar with the exits.

I have to agree with Oldninja on the new player thing here, also the ammo and weapons spawns in the map now contain a serious amount of usable weapons/ammo.

The rule is that every weapon kills. It just depends on how you use them.

This also counts for the so called top tier weapons. I started the game with the tommy like most people do. Never really had the feeling of being in a huge disadvantage over higher tier weapons.

The suomi remains one of the best weapons. The chance of getting those lucky hits when you spray like a blind fool are just slightly less.

All the AK versions are still more usable then the crappy AUR. The Grease gun still beats the ADR on accuracy. So I'm pretty sure that when new players complain and leave the game simply isn't for them. They expect a BR game. Vigor simply isn't that.

If anything, the update has made it easier for new players. Having to fight for the crate especially when people upgrade it is a good thing. New players should get to learn the game by trail and error. Not just bash in, upgrade the crate with all their newly aquired crowns and think people will give it away.

For new players, there is also the story line quests you are given initially that are easy challenges that bolster up their inventory with crates and coins. They have a good start when they join, and the quests are enough to show them the basics of the game to draw them in.

Dark Souls has a very tough PVP world and the players are relentless on new players, yet they keep coming and the game is huge. 

I am not worried about these mechanics, I agree with Old. If they let up a little on stamina that would be nice. I feel like an overweight smoker try to run up hill everytime my inventory is full. I like the mechanics but it would be nice if different things had different weights. Maybe ammo and food didn’t carry much weight.

The weight thing is nice though. a player last night grabbed crate and I was maybe 20m away from the crate. He ditched for exit and normally he would have gotten away, but because of the weight slowing him down I was able to cut him off just before the extraction line and got the green crate. Saw another guy in the distance running my way so I waved as I disappeared. 

Also the AUR. line really isn’t that bad anymore. I shoot hip fire and two bursts usually does the trick.

Totally disagree Savage.

the new players get overwhelmed with objectives upon starting the game which gets them well on their way.

also with the new added objectives, they have added a few that gives pretty decent crowns.

so anyone starting out can easily kill other players upon spending 15 mins in the shooting range. It is very beginner friendly actually.