Sign in to follow this  
xripx

Prevent AI from issuing order at beginning of mission and prevent vehicle interaction

Hi all,

Getting back into Arma editing after several years. Very, very rusty.

So my scenario starts with the player in a squad (not as leader) in a moving helo. 

2 problems:

It always says "Open left door" in the middle of the screen because the action is available for the player. Is there a way to make the vehicle impossible to interact with? Setting it to "Locked" didn't help.

Second, as soon the mission starts, #3 in the squad issues the order "go to grid blah blah blah." I'm pretty sure YOU the player are #3, which is strange, but I want to wait for the this command to be issued when the squad disembarks. I tried making a trigger with "Player, Present" and syncing it to the first squad waypoint but he still flaps his gums right off the bat. 

Help is very appreciated, thank you!

I was able to fix the issue of the squad leader speaking by going Attributes>General and putting "enableRadio false; " in the init field. Then I put a trigger along my squad's path that put it to "true" on activation.

The helicopter door problem, I've discovered, is unsolvable. Even if you can disable all interaction with the helicopter, the actual prompt will still pop up in the middle of the screen. I'll just have to double tap the tilde key to make it go away, it's just annoying.