avibird 1

Resolved somewhat lol. Need clarification about the support requester modules.

I am a big fan of Bohemia and OFP/ARMA games. Yes ARMA has some of issues and Bohemia has some shortcomings for sure. One of my biggest pet peeves is their documentation on how to use certain game resources are pitiful lol with that said.  I know how to use the support modules for the five supports but On the main support Requester module there are seven options.

Custom HQ

Artillery

Bomb and run

Helicopter attack

Supply drop

Helicopter transport

UAV recon

How do you setup the custom HQ I get errors if I attempt to put a custom variable name?

How do you set up a UAV recon? 

How would I even attempt to call it there is no support provider module for UAV. 

Edited by avibird 1

@wogz187 thank you for the link it definitely says how to use the HQ custom name but nothing about the UAV setup. 

@wogz187 still doesn't explain how to use  or setup the 7th parameter in the

Requester module: there are

options.

1Custom HQ

2Artillery

3Bomb and run

4Helicopter attack

5Supply drop

6Helicopter transport

7UAV recon 

If if you open up the module you will see the very last parameter setup UAV recon. 

This feature seems not implemented. If you edit the uav.fsm and requester.fsm, (in arma3\addons\module_f.pbo) you can see there is nothing to do with that.

• Like 1

Ok so I guess another function that was never implemented by Bohemia? 

A simple fix.

Place AVA drone down sync it to a multiplayer vehicle spawn module set the number of times you want to have the UAV available for the mission and you are good to go.

Why wouldn't they just add the simple code to allow the requester module to have access to the UAV it's already in there. Things that make me gohum about Bohemia and what and how they implement functionality to the game. 

• Like 1