Sign in to follow this  
Kuljack

The photos are fun!

So I just found my first photo. The image was shoddy at best for its location, but I was determined. I had a few details on the photo that stood out to me so I focused on those roaming the map.

A guy started firing on me while I was looking the photo and almost got me but luckily I made it out of that fight alive. Spent the whole match looking and just as the rad wave was upon me, I took a left when I was gonna take a tight between to extractions and came upon an area that looked like the photo. Took only another glance to line myself up and found the stash.

It had an ADR, an A1, a G3, antibiotics and a TON of food. I think i left with somewhere between 150-250.

This was a totally new experience to the game I really enjoyed. The rewards felt worth the effort too. Not sure what food will do for ya in the future, but I’ll be stocking up while I find these stashed from the looks of it.

A bonus was finding a few areas on the map I never explored and finding good loot. This event is giving us a reason to explore every inch of a map and do something that doesn’t force us to hunt others or fight over loot locations.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if you can find the stash without having the photo? Found another but it only had antibiotics and a little food. Felt raided already

I look forward to testing this new feature.

Okay found another, same loot. Antibiotics and food. I’m guessing getting extra guns is just a bonus chance.

Fun fact, there is only one stash per mission. Found a second photo during a Draug mission and it was the same location.

2 hours ago, Kuljack said:

Fun fact, there is only one stash per mission. Found a second photo during a Draug mission and it was the same location.

When you're happy to find the place, but its already empty.

Its a good feature. Its permanent right ? As we call it event, my friend ask me how long does it last. Forever I guess.

15 hours ago, Kuljack said:

Does anyone know if you can find the stash without having the photo? Found another but it only had antibiotics and a little food. Felt raided already

Yes, it is like any container but hidden.

It works like the safe but now it always contains a bunch of food. Have opened quite a few and weapons are pretty rare.

Found one on fisk containing 4 top class weapons, associated ammo, anti biotics and a shed full of food.

Obviously had to choose what weapons to take, but as I went in naked not too big a problem.

Does make me think food has a future for gaining rewards in some future update.

Do like it as new feature.

5 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Found one on fisk containing 4 top class weapons, associated ammo, anti biotics and a shed full of food.

Obviously had to choose what weapons to take, but as I went in naked not too big a problem.

Does make me think food has a future for gaining rewards in some future update.

Do like it as new feature.

I have gotten a few with ADR and G3 now, usually solo. Wish I could wave someone down and share it with them but that’s too risky.

I have always gotten killed when I wave.

First time where I found a photo, found the spot but could not locate the action to dig. It was on Fjek... map with the downed chopper. I looked everywhere and didn’t even see a dug up spot. It was probably in the snow and I couldn’t make out the circle when I passed by but I was looking a spot that had the obvious dig spot texture and no luck. Made it out with a green crate though so I was happy.

I was on that encounter and noticed you spending some time at the stash location. Risky as you knew someone else was on the map. I didn't open the safe until the crate carrier (you) was well on the way to an exit.

I had to make do with the safe contents and scavenging the outlander' that you took the crate off (or defended the crate against)

I had 2 pictures and found the same hole in the ground just as you were leaving at the NE exit.

1 minute ago, Oldninja said:

I was on that encounter and noticed you spending some time at the stash location. Risky as you knew someone else was on the map. I didn't open the safe until the crate carrier (you) was well on the way to an exit.

I had to make do with the safe contents and scavenging the outlander' that you took the crate off (or defended the crate against)

I had 2 pictures and found the same hole in the ground just as you were leaving at the NE exit.

I thought that was you at the safe! I saw you in the match and kept an eye out for your outfit. I had planned to leave you alone. 

Hopefully you got some good contents from the safe and the stash. 

It looked like you were doing a naked run so I wanted to leave you alone out of respect. You should see the video I recorded from that match whenever i got the guy carrying the supply drop. I was on the opposite side of the range and got a head shot with the RPK. It was really just meant to be a warning shot to drive him toward the other extraction so i could find that stash. Funny how things work out for us all.

I'd been using this afternoons encounters for knife practise.

Not my best afternoon as I was killed in 3 of the 10 encounters I played!, so getting off the map with any loot was a bonus.

I was expecting an outlander' to loot the building I was in, while they waited for the safe to open in the adjacent tool shed. But no one bothered, so changed my plan. Exited with some rare weapons and some useful loot.

All's well that ends well.

18 hours ago, Oldninja said:

I'd been using this afternoons encounters for knife practise.

Not my best afternoon as I was killed in 3 of the 10 encounters I played!, so getting off the map with any loot was a bonus.

I was expecting an outlander' to loot the building I was in, while they waited for the safe to open in the adjacent tool shed. But no one bothered, so changed my plan. Exited with some rare weapons and some useful loot.

All's well that ends well.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/kuljack/video/80226577

There is that video, if you wanted to see the shot.