Sign in to follow this  
Couratious

From the Patch Notes...

"Team kills no longer count towards kill progression in challenges"

So I would like a dev or literally anyone to explain how I'm supposed to complete the "Kill Outlanders with a Melee weapon" challenges now??

I understand before was basically cheesing it but it takes FOUR hits with any melee weapon to kill anyone...

I doubt there has ever been a legitimate knife kill in the history of this game unless the victim was unarmed or also armed with a knife.  

Everyone else you run into is going to have a gun and is going to kill you way before you are able to kill them unless they are brain-dead.

This challenge was literally the only way to get a gold crate because no one EVER boosts the crate enough to get it to gold in a match and there are no other ways to get crates.  

I was really looking forward to future updates but ever since the antenna nerf and this and other BS in the patch notes I'm really regretting the money i spent on this game.

This game is becoming toxic. I just got TK’d in a duo match.

my challenge is to play with random duos, and they removed TK contributing to challenges but people are still doing this. It serves no purpose but now I’m forced into it if I want my daily reward.

No buff to melee either to compensate for not being able to boost the melee challenge. I was gonna by that starter kit this month but definitely having seconds thoughts.

I had a purple knife blueprint from a gold crate, but its not on the list. Did someone get it too ? 

I guess damages should be different. Why going to purple ? 

One day I almost die by a fair attack. It was in duo, we knew there was 2 guys with knifes only. I approach a truck and they came out both of them. I think they hit me 3 times, i had 5 hp left. I wasnt able to shoot, stunt by the hits.

It could be the way.... But even 2 vs 1, i was able to run 10 meters and kill the 1st, and my friend killed the 2nd. It was close. 

Its still a mess... We tried it, but its so hard, even 2 vs 1. So we keep erase these challenges, even if we could kill each other. Its not worth it wasting time like that, even for gold.

If we could THROW it, maybe... Then we have a 2nd one to finish the job. The 1st throw could do 50 or 60% damage, because of throwing. 

5 kills with a melee weapon is not that difficult.

I've done it. Ok it took quite a few encounters, but it's certainly doable if you set up your attack under the right conditions. Conditions you will need to think about!

Knife/bayonet mechanics are fine as they are, go into encounters Solo with just a knife to practice.

Challenges are not supposed to be easy. If BI intend to give more rewards then the challenges will be harder.

And why not.

14 minutes ago, Oldninja said:

5 kills with a melee weapon is not that difficult.

I've done it. Ok it took quite a few encounters, but it's certainly doable if you set up your attack under the right conditions. Conditions you will need to think about!

Knife/bayonet mechanics are fine as they are, go into encounters Solo with just a knife to practice.

Challenges are not supposed to be easy. If BI intend to give more rewards then the challenges will be harder.

And why not.

I'm sorry but I do not believe you.

You would have to be up against a mentally handicapped player for you to be able to land 4 hits with a knife before they shot you dead.

I've tried this challenge and even 1 is completely unreasonable let alone 15. 

Not sure if you're playing against a bunch of monkeys on your platform but there is 0 chance any outlander who has any sort of knowledge how video games work would let them kill you with a knife.

I may be lots of things, but a liar isn't one of them.

I'm sure the outlanders I've dispatched with a knife/bayonet would be a little perturbed to be called mentally handicapped monkeys.

If you can't work out how to get an advantage with a blade, then maybe your not the video game genius you think you are.

Have fun.

53 minutes ago, Oldninja said:

I may be lots of things, but a liar isn't one of them.

I'm sure the outlanders I've dispatched with a knife/bayonet would be a little perturbed to be called mentally handicapped monkeys.

If you can't work out how to get an advantage with a blade, then maybe your not the video game genius you think you are.

Have fun.

Haha I enjoy how you approach things.

I always think it’s funny how people cannot so something once, maybe they give it a good try doing it the one way they know, and it not producing positive results, they come to the conclusion it is not achievable. 

Adapt, rethink, survive. That’s my Vigor mindset. If I escape a player who outmatches me or gets a jump on me but botches it, I always take a moment to breathe. Wait to see their next move, and go from there.

I haven’t gotten a melee kill yet legit myself, but I have come close and almost died many times from melee. It’s only failed everytime because the one doing melee missed a swing that would end me, or the enemy got distance between me. If you stay on them, don’t miss a hit and if you do end up with distance - RUN. Survive long enough to try and surprise them again.

I manager to get several melee/knife kille. Most of these were made on the state campers.. signal detect on the right time. Set waypoint onto a treehugger, flank. Shoot in butt once then stab once.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, Oldninja said:

Challenges are not supposed to be easy.

They are called challenges for a reason, BUT you have to think about the players that are going to do them also. Getting 10 kills with a knife is not easy and will take a LONG time to complete and are also BORING AF.

Bumping the challenge up from 5 kills to 10 is only a big middle finger to the players, just like adding alot of things that nobody asked for in the latest update but not fixing the mayor bugs that plage the game and irritate the player base.

Honestly, if you are joining duos just to team kill you are scum.  The challenges are all possible for the rest of us without having to "cheese" it as you say.  Maybe try shooting the guy a few times then stab them.....genius.  Seems to be that the handicap may not be with your targets.....

• Thanks 1