Desperta Ferro

Script for check vehicle damage

Hello! do you know any script with which a vehicle is checked and then a message appears with the broken parts and the severity of it?

I know that the advanced repair system does something like that because it only gives the option to repair / rescue the parts that can only be repaired / rescued (which is also great), but is there a script that does this in specific or similar?

I've searched but can't find anything, maybe I've searched wrong.

If not, how can I activate the default UI of the Arma 3 damage vehicles?

If not, how can I activate the default UI of the Arma 3 damage vehicles?

I think you can activate the arma ui hud, by editing this in description.ext. I've hid the exile hud completely and set this instead in showhud.

showHUD[] =
{
    true,   // Scripted HUD (same as showHUD command)
    true,   // Vehicle + soldier info
    false,   // Vehicle radar
    true,   // Vehicle compass
    true,   // Tank direction indicator
    true,  // Commanding menu
    false,  // Group Bar
    true,   // HUD Weapon Cursors
    true // Squad Radar
};

As for custom script, I'm not sure what exactly you looking for. 
There is Health Scanner xm8 app that shows broken parts percentage , there is one that shows you 3d icons  or health bars with vehicle parts in different colors according to damage...

• Like 1

Well, I thought the Health scanner only works on character health, not vehicle, but yes, I just proved on a vehicle and works.

What exactly I am looking for is something like this: 

But with an option like "Check Vehicle", and when the animation ends then show the % of the vehicle damage on each part.

If there is nothing like that no problem, I will manage with the xm8 health scanner. 

the icons in the earlier post are from infistar xm8 addon, but take a look at this for advanced vehicle repair scripts/addon  https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/224288-advanced-and-super-advanced-vehicle-repair-script/

11 minutes ago, Razor-79fcc52bfc334b0e said:

the icons in the earlier post are from infistar xm8 addon, but take a look at this for advanced vehicle repair scripts/addon  https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/224288-advanced-and-super-advanced-vehicle-repair-script/

Hey thanks for the answer! 🙂

Yes I'm using the super advanced you mention what I like very much for the repair/salvage parts. But what I am loking now is for something like I've mentioned in the last post:

1 hour ago, Desperta Ferro said:

But with an option like "Check Vehicle", and when the animation ends then show the % of the vehicle damage on each part.

3 hours ago, Desperta Ferro said:

Hey thanks for the answer! 🙂

Yes I'm using the super advanced you mention what I like very much for the repair/salvage parts. But what I am loking now is for something like I've mentioned in the last post:

Hey Desperta, I'll have a look at doing something for this when i get a spare second. My advanced repair scripts do it already in the code, just need to put together a UI for it and cut across the damage check parts of my scripts. Busy at work /life at the moment but should get a chance in the next week or 2.

• Like 1

Hey Bones51, the advanced repair script is cool , but it sometimes  failed to work when I use this several months ago.  I repair the wheel ,  when the repaire action finished, the wheel remains broken.   I may didnot describe the problem clearly , but there indeed exist this problem , both I and my players have came up with it .

1 hour ago, Archer_MT said:

Hey Bones51, the advanced repair script is cool , but it sometimes  failed to work when I use this several months ago.  I repair the wheel ,  when the repaire action finished, the wheel remains broken.   I may didnot describe the problem clearly , but there indeed exist this problem , both I and my players have came up with it .

I haven't looked at it in quite a while. I'll load it up on a clean server and double check asap. Just to help, where you using stock Arma vehicles or a mod? If a mod, which one and if possible which vehicle class/classes was the problem.

Oh and was it the super advanced repair system - https://github.com/Bones50/Exilemod-Super-Advanced-Repair-System-SARS

Or the advanced repair script - https://github.com/Bones50/ExileMod-Advanced-Repair

Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bones51 said:

Hey Desperta, I'll have a look at doing something for this when i get a spare second. My advanced repair scripts do it already in the code, just need to put together a UI for it and cut across the damage check parts of my scripts. Busy at work /life at the moment but should get a chance in the next week or 2.

Wow nice! I am looking forward to it. Cheer up with it!

10 hours ago, Archer_MT said:

Hey @Archer_MT, I've used both (SARS and ARS) and work fine for me, maybe you haven't installed it well?

On 10/8/2019 at 8:41 PM, chernaruski said:

I think you can activate the arma ui hud, by editing this in description.ext. I've hid the exile hud completely and set this instead in showhud.

showHUD[] =
{
    true,   // Scripted HUD (same as showHUD command)
    true,   // Vehicle + soldier info
    false,   // Vehicle radar
    true,   // Vehicle compass
    true,   // Tank direction indicator
    true,  // Commanding menu
    false,  // Group Bar
    true,   // HUD Weapon Cursors
    true // Squad Radar
};

As for custom script, I'm not sure what exactly you looking for. 
There is Health Scanner xm8 app that shows broken parts percentage , there is one that shows you 3d icons  or health bars with vehicle parts in different colors according to damage...

Hi chernaruski

I would like to know more about how you managed to get the vanilla UI to show again.

I edited my description.ext and added this to the very end, however I still get very inconsistent results.

It doesn't work for most vehicles, however some RHS/CUP vehicles it does work for.

Do you have any idea where I could start looking for the issue?