Sign in to follow this  
aLoneWolf

Wrp 51.2 km * 51.2 km

Is this worth downloading if i have a duron700, gf4mx460, 384mb ram and winME? (since some ppl whit over 2ghz seem to lag) in the good old days when i had 128mb ram, the maps allways lagged so im used to that smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 12 2003,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this worth downloading if i have a duron700, gf4mx460, 384mb ram and winME? (since some ppl whit over 2ghz seem to lag) in the good old days when i had 128mb ram, the maps allways lagged so im used to that smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As i wrote earlier - it works fine on my computer which only differs from your computer in the amount of RAM by having 128 MB more. Otherwise its the same specs (different GFX-card but same "generation") But the only thing you want to do in the mission editor is to load the test mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Jan. 12 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 12 2003,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this worth downloading if i have a duron700, gf4mx460, 384mb ram and winME? (since some ppl whit over 2ghz seem to lag) in the good old days when i had 128mb ram, the maps allways lagged so im used to that smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As i wrote earlier - it works fine on my computer which only differs from your computer in the amount of RAM by having 128 MB more. Otherwise its the same specs (different GFX-card but same "generation") But the only thing you want to do in the mission editor is to load the test mission.<span id='postcolor'>

damn i didnt realize there was a test mission... i was trying to duble click and put a chopper on the map for several months.. or so, anyway that test mission ran fine ingame but making that big of a map whit some content would take very long time and bearly anyone could produce missions to it  wink.gif Still cool thing to break the limit and make such bigg ass island. for the first time you can use A10 in a proper way

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> thought ai can only "use" one airport (meaning land, take off, taxi etc) but would still be cool, especially MP.

<span id='postcolor'>

Novoga has two airports, i'm pretty sure it could handle 4. Damn i really want someone to combine 2 or more of the original islands together. That would be so sweet. You guys really need to do that, id' imagine it wouldn't take that long either

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ Jan. 12 2003,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> thought ai can only "use" one airport (meaning land, take off, taxi etc) but would still be cool, especially MP.

<span id='postcolor'>

Novoga has two airports, i'm pretty sure it could handle 4. Damn i really want someone to combine 2 or more of the original islands together. That would be so sweet. You guys really need to do that, id' imagine it wouldn't take that long either<span id='postcolor'>

yeh i know you can have as many as you want, but getting the AI to use it is another matter, ive never managed to get the AI to take off/land on the small strip to the north on the island

Is it possible that someone could put an airport or three down on this island? That'd rock, thanks.

Edit: This would rock as a desert terrain. I mean just three airports spread out over dark yellow sands. Ultimate gulf war action for sure. Someone do this man!

P.s.: Is it possible you could fix it so the only version required to run this map is 1.9 and not that damned `1.91?

Specs:  Abit KR7A-R (KT266A chipset), AMD XP 1800+, 512 MB DDR RAM, GF2 32 MB

Tested both the WRPdouble and WRPquad islands:

Size             In editor                  Flying around with an A10

---------------------------------------------------------

25.6x25.6:  slightly laggy, usable   workie-workie

51.2x51.2:  lag city (unusable)      also works, some stutter

Thoughts:  I LOVE it!!! Bigger islands means that we might get out of the "neighbourhood skirmish"-feeling

the current islands are giving me.

Me, I want long front lines, deep defence zones and distances that make supply problems a part of the game.

That and the possibility of having "realistic" BARCAP/CAS/OCA missions that

go on above one's head, what, with all them MiGs, Tomcats and Eagles falling on your head all the time...

That and a *lot* faster computers, of course...  Then again, as it stands, 512 MB is IMHO just about

barely adequate for running Resistance as it is...

A "quad-sized" world with, say, two islands would be very interesting once we get computers

that can do 64-player MP games "playably", dont y'all think?

Well, enough rambling. Good show, A-Lone-Wolf!

Okay after hearing about the wrpquad I decided not to test it but I did test wrpdouble. My machine is an AMD K7 600mhz cpu, Geforce4 mx440 64meg video card, 256megs of DRAM. I found that wrp doublel worked fine with no lag at all also when looking at the map. I flew a single F18 the total course of the map and it took some time which is very good. I experience no lag during the entire process. I didn't test wrpquad since most pc's cant' handle it. I don't want to support something we can't all share but I'll be glad to ask how you did wrpdouble. How did you do it? How can we do it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> How did you do it?<span id='postcolor'>Dont expect a answer to that, but we can allways hope

stil tho we lack the computers to run it well, letalone fill it with ai to even take up a small area, and bigger islands for multiplayer r a no no already any map that takes up quater of the island spreads ppl to thin.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Jan. 13 2003,10wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stil tho we lack the computers to run it well, letalone fill it with ai to even take up a small area, and bigger islands for multiplayer r a no no already any map that takes up quater of the island spreads ppl to thin.<span id='postcolor'>

That depends on the kind of multiplayer game. You could do a really nice "SCUD-hunting in northern iraq"-coop mission on this map or WRPdouble. You could also do some cool "low level chopper infiltration"-pilot training missions with just a handfull of shilkas or vulcans and some AA infantry.

sweet map.. I put on 2 A10's and flew around for a while.. wow take forever even with an A10..

This could make some sweet airstrike maps.. or some good Artillary maps..

Need a few airports on it.. and we are in business..

i can try and host this map on a dedicated server if you guys wanna try it out..

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Jan. 13 2003,05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeh i know you can have as many as you want, but getting the AI to use it is another matter, ive never managed to get the AI to take off/land on the small strip to the north on the island<span id='postcolor'>

Please, look at the config for "Nogova" ... one 'ilsPosition'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Noe: DefaultWorld {

description="Nogova";

worldName="\Noe\Noe.wrp";

ilsPosition[]={1525,4490};

ilsDirection[]={0,0.080000,-1};

ilsTaxiIn[]={"1525+50","4490+510","1525+50","4490+290","1525+45","4490+286",

"1525+8","4490+286",1525,"4490+294",1525,"4490+450"};

ilsTaxiOff[]={1525,4490,1525,"4490+1078","1525+23","4490+1090","1525+41",

"4490+1084","1525+50","4490+1075","1525+50","4490+510"};

}

<span id='postcolor'>

i have no idea what that means crazy.gif

but im guessing its confirming that the AI can only use on strip

whats the thing whit the line </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ilsPosition[]={1525,4490};

<span id='postcolor'>for me its just some numbers sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 13 2003,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whats the thing whit the line </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ilsPosition[]={1525,4490};

<span id='postcolor'>for me its just some numbers sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

To me it looks like an array conntaining two numbers. The numbers is probably either one or two positions on the map - that depends on whether a four digit integer is enough for the position or if two of these are needed. If you could compare with a similar expression for Malden or Everon, this could be decided, but i guess aLoneWolf (or someone else) already has figured this out.

Doesnt anyone fly here?

ILS is the marker on the map that the planes follow down to the beginning of the runway. Its a invisible like with a gradient that is used by instrument pilots to decend just before they touch down in bad weather..

So Bi is using the ILS as a reference.. so chances are it is used in the same was but for the AI..

Also currently 1.91 can only have 1 ILS airport per map.

What would be cool is to have all 3 maps combined into one larger map.. so it would be possible to actually fly from one island to the other... and have all the same buildings and trees in place.

If anyone would like to try to 50 x 50 on a dedicated server I put it up for a while .. for testing.. make sure to get the PBO posted before.. and connect to:

66.114.150.30 standard port

There is a exmaple mission with like 3-4 playable A-10's to play with and explore the map.. I suggest not hitting M while flying.

Also when ready and you need to green up just hit ENTER and don't worry about trying to click on the READY button..

Capt Moore

Guest ####

The only ways I could see createing multiple ILS points is to either classify Ils points like town name placement, or create some .p3d sections like roads only bigger and create an ILS piece with some other non functioning pieces. both would require the pilot to choose the Ils point in the action menu (ie. Auto Pilot ILS Alpha) then the plane could fly towards the designate Ils point.

If the p3d method is possible I would prefer it since a map maker could add the p3d's in Wrpedit and put the airstrips at wierd angles instead of 90 degree angles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Jan. 14 2003,00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To me it looks like an array conntaining two numbers.<span id='postcolor'>

As I have already mentioned - it's ONE 'ilsPosition' = one point - in this case the "Z" (altitude) is missing...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (aLoneWolf @ Jan. 14 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Jan. 14 2003,00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To me it looks like an array conntaining two numbers.<span id='postcolor'>

As I have already mentioned - it's ONE 'ilsPosition' = one point - in this case the "Z"  (altitude) is missing...<span id='postcolor'>

what i think he meant was that it had two numbers, meaning X and Y axis, which would fit what you said with the Z axis

We tested this in MP and it runs really smooth..

Just don't hit M if you have a slow computer..

also when you load in and sit at the RDY screen, hit ENTER and dont try and click on RDY because you probably can't.

But RDY is the DEFAULT so just hit ENTER.

I have a mission that I ran on the lower left corner over a large area. It ran very smooth with 3 players.

Acidcrash. Two airports is good because you can have a US and a Russian airfield. Four is even better. Just look at Phaeden Island. Most islands have many air bases and not all of them have to be occupied.

yes, i know more is good, but afaik, AI can only use 1 runway at 1 airfield...what aLonewolf posted im guessing is the reason

multiple is ok for real players, meaning MP

I just tested WRP-Quad and found that it lagged my system so heavily that I couldn't even place a unit on the map.

Then I gave WRP-Double a whirl and I must say that the test was a success, at least on my system:

Specs:

P4 1.3 Gig

1 Gig RAM

GeForce 4 Ti4600

SB Audigy

OFP:R resolution: 1024 x 768

View Distance: 1753 meters

Terrain Detail: Normal

7 Enemy A.I. vehicles on the map, I was able to bomb a Shilka and a T-80 each with their very own GBU with their name on it. I took out a hovering Mi-17 with cannon fire, also.

I found that with view distance set to 1753 (just shy of removing another terrain detail option from the selection below) I was able to dive bomb and was a lot more accurate with the bombs.

Radar's reach could be improved, though, on the A-10.

Frame rates seemed very smooth, though I didn't measure them.

Heh, the 1st time I played I did a fly-by on an SU-25 which radar quickly showed picked up my scent. We died crashing head-on, trying to engage each other with cannon fire. In the knife fight I spotted quick wisps of smoke trail. Some kind of rocket or missile was being fired at me.

If I had used any # of addons I would have had more of a chance against the SU-25.