Sign in to follow this  
P4R4S

Only able to join a one specific Squad(.xml)

Hello,

I've created such a thread once a while ago but after I hoped for a solution for my problem what did not come (actually there was only one reply). I'll try it now again because this problem is really making me sick even that it's actually not worth to mention... but anyways... I want it done!

Because I wont like to write it again here the link for the old thread:

But I have to bring up a new discovery I made... Im not able to join any other Squad not even if I create a new one even when I've deleted my old Squadmembership or a new account to make a new Squad.xml or anything else but Im allways able to join/ rejoin my old Squad and so there must be the problem. Somehow the game or maybe a file I have no insights (or don't know about) keeps me (locked) in this Squad and when I join another one Im still a member of this other first Squad.xml but because there is now another link of course it can't take the informations of my old Squad but doesn't from the new one as well... at least that's what I think but I have no idea how to solve this but I want it so bad... so please... if you have an idea and especially more experience as me (what's not hard I bet) than give me a hand here.

Sincerely

Paras

Could you explain in detail how you are trying to get this new squad xml to work?

As you wish:

I create one at this webside (I don't know any other way) https://armasquads.com/.

The first times I tried it with my old account where I had/ have my old Squad running. I did not delete it because there are still other members in it but I think I once even did to make sure it's not the problem. But I tried to delete me as a member what stoped showing me in the squad (at this webside as well than ingame) but I still wasn't able to use another Squad.xml - it's not like I've got a errormessage or anything alike - it just isn't working...

After it did not work I thought about maybe because Im only allowed to have one Squad.xml per account (but that would be pretty weird because you're able to create more than one). So I've created another account with another email of mine but did not solve the issue...

Anyways I put in all the data what are needed (and also some additional). Squad Tag (I tried different variations but most of the time it were three normal letters like WoH with no special symbols or anything else), Squad name (also no special symbols), additional a Squad title and last of all a picture (but I tried it without a picture as well so it's not the problem) in the right size and format.

Next step is creating a member - in this case only me. I copy/ paste my Player ID (what I find in the ArmA 3 profiles (it's also the same I use or have used in my old squad.xml)) in the first line, than my correct playername (it's a very easy name so nothing can go wrong - also the same as in my old squad.xml) and than I also have added an additional remark (but I've tried to leave it empty with no effect as well).

So I save everything and just copy/ paste the link from the squad.xml inside my ArmA 3 profile in the menu after I've started the game. I checked everything if it's really correct but after ten times I was pretty sure there is everything as it have to be!

Because I wasn't sure if it get's changed directly I tried to restart the game, waited for some hours till days but nothing happened. Ingame Im allways a normal player so to say with no Squad.xml, no informations, no picture at my uniforms or vehicles etc.

Also I have to admit that I remember that I had back in the days when I've created my old Squad.xml (in 2014 I think) a problem to create the squad.xml as well but I was able to make it work. I don't remember how but I know things were differend and a bit more complicated than. Im not sure but I think I had to create a file and had to add all informations and members like I did with the Squad.xml and than I think I had to put this file in a ArmA 3 folder but I did not find anything... not helping that my ArmA 3 folder is now stuffed with so many subfolders etc. and the biggest problem is probably that I have no idea how this file was named... if there is nothing I've forgotten (and I even watched some youtube videos how to create a Squad.xml) to do I would think about this as the issue... but I've just no idea...

1 hour ago, P4R4S said:

it's a very easy name so nothing can go wrong

Plenty of things can go wrong.  You can have leading or trailing spaces, you can have a capital in one but not the other, ...

1 hour ago, P4R4S said:

So I save everything and just copy/ paste the link from the squad.xml inside my ArmA 3 profile in the menu after I've started the game.

Did you check for leading and trailing spaces?

I've checked everything more than only once or twice so Im absolutly sure it's correct. Unfortunately it's not that easy 😞

If you know another method how to make a squad.xml or how to realize it than let me know and I'll check if this may work for me... as I said I had alot of problems back than when I'd created my first Squad.xml so I've no idea if maybe the website is the problem (maybe some AntiVirus protection shit or who knows...)