Sign in to follow this  
Weapon-Fetish

Merge to 1 x 1 Tiles bat

Hi all , can someone help me pleas with a bat fie from PMC´s editing guide . I will merge my tiled sat image into one that makes it easyer for me to create a surface mask out of it . Im simple to dump atm to make it by myself i simple not understand what i must change. 

Here the Part out of the Guide with batchfile

Merge to 2 x 2 Tiles

Finally we merge the darkened satellite texture tiles into 2 x 2 tile setup; top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right.

You can also modify this bat file yourself to combine them into one monster huge satellite texture, however satellite sizes of 40960 or larger are very Very demanding to your computer (ours is win7 64bit with 16gb ram) so be warned before attempting to merge.

_run_imagemagick_merge_global_mapper_satellite_tiles_4x4.bat:

@echo off set MAGICK_TEMPORARY_PATH=c:\temp rem quick check that we have darkened satellites 🙂 if not exist Dsat_A1.bmp exit   echo appending TOP LEFT ... rem top left echo A1 + A2 ... convert +append Dsat_A1.bmp Dsat_A2.bmp temp_up.bmp echo B1 + B2 ... convert +append Dsat_B1.bmp Dsat_B2.bmp temp_bottom.bmp echo top_left ... convert -append temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp top_left.bmp echo cleaning temp tiles... del temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp   echo appending TOP RIGHT ... rem top right echo A3 + A4 ... convert +append Dsat_A3.bmp Dsat_A4.bmp temp_up.bmp echo B3 + B4 ... convert +append Dsat_B3.bmp Dsat_B4.bmp temp_bottom.bmp echo top_right ... convert -append temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp top_right.bmp echo cleaning temp tiles... del temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp   echo appending BOTTOM LEFT ... rem bottom left echo C1 + C2 ... convert +append Dsat_C1.bmp Dsat_C2.bmp temp_up.bmp echo D1 + D2 ... convert +append Dsat_D1.bmp Dsat_D2.bmp temp_bottom.bmp echo bottom_left ... convert -append temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp bottom_left.bmp echo cleaning temp tiles... del temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp   echo appending BOTTOM RIGHT ... rem bottom right echo C3 + C4 ... convert +append Dsat_C3.bmp Dsat_C4.bmp temp_up.bmp echo D3 + D4 ... convert +append Dsat_D3.bmp Dsat_D4.bmp temp_bottom.bmp echo bottom_right ... convert -append temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp bottom_right.bmp echo cleaning temp tiles... del temp_up.bmp temp_bottom.bmp   echo All done! pause exit

Here again a link   scroll to bottom

You could just join them in photoshop or something.

tbh its best to do the darkening yourself, there is no one setting that fits all. Just because it worked for pmc, doesn't mean it will work for your sat map.

Also if your doing real world, save yourself all the hassle and just use this plugin

https://gitlab.com/Adanteh/qgis-game-terrains/wikis/home

It does everything (sat, mask, roads, projection) for you

• Thanks 1

Ow Shit i Wish i know This Plugin before haha .

I'll Thank U @RoF

But when im once Here ive one Last thing too ask .

Can i Create A Xnormal map out of my Sattellite Images ? 

I Allready did that 2/3 years ago but that was with a L3DT Sat Image and Not a Google earth Like with all the Houses

2 hours ago, Weapon-Fetish said:

Ow Shit i Wish i know This Plugin before haha .

I'll Thank U @RoF

But when im once Here ive one Last thing too ask .

Can i Create A Xnormal map out of my Sattellite Images ? 

I Allready did that 2/3 years ago but that was with a L3DT Sat Image and Not a Google earth Like with all the Houses

You might want to read here

But its awkward with real world sat, as you have shadows and towns you have to edit out. You might want to look into making a custom sat map, they really do look amazing once you get blending correct! It's something I regret a lot not doing

Also the Arma Discord is way more active than these forums are, you might want to hop on the terrain_makers channel if you want help

• Thanks 1