Sign in to follow this  
Cry2yourMoM

Devs

Do they even respond to any of the forum or suggestions post? I don’t think I’ve seen a line... might be wrong though.

just curious 

I've seen some answers from a girl from bohemian, sorry i dont remember the threads and his tag...

But 1.1 update is coming, its the 1st answer I want. We know for the new map, for this "polaroid event", and issues fixes.

They maybe not participate on each threads, but they dont have to. They dont have to react on every suggestions. It would be mess.

But I guess they read all the things we post down here, and thats count. Like... The bush glitch, we can be sure they aware of this issue.

Good feedback, and throwing some ideas, then wait.

Maybe we'll have some answers on the future update thread. Like I see for other games. They answer some questions and thats it. It depends on how people react, speak. Just look when they post something on the xbox wall. Insults and things. 

I dont check twitter, did you try it ? It could be a good place.

On 10/6/2019 at 8:33 AM, Civilian5902 said:

I've seen some answers from a girl from bohemian, sorry i dont remember the threads and his tag...

But 1.1 update is coming, its the 1st answer I want. We know for the new map, for this "polaroid event", and issues fixes.

They maybe not participate on each threads, but they dont have to. They dont have to react on every suggestions. It would be mess.

But I guess they read all the things we post down here, and thats count. Like... The bush glitch, we can be sure they aware of this issue.

Good feedback, and throwing some ideas, then wait.

Maybe we'll have some answers on the future update thread. Like I see for other games. They answer some questions and thats it. It depends on how people react, speak. Just look when they post something on the xbox wall. Insults and things. 

I dont check twitter, did you try it ? It could be a good place.

If people are reacting like that it's probably for a reason...

It's because they realize how cash-grabby this game is.  Just look at how much the cosmetics cost and how much the premium currency costs as opposed to other games...

Most of the cosmetics you have to buy the $20 crown pack just to have enough to buy one cosmetic because of the way they are priced.  It's greedy and the players know it.

Combine that with the antenna nerf and other nerfs in the patch notes and players are upset and rightfully so.

"People are rude to us" is not a good reason or explanation for ignoring your paying customers who are literally keeping your cash cow on life-support.   The trust of gamers is not a given right to studios and developers.  It is earned.

This studio has done nothing to garner the trust of it's players.  On the contrary, they have done the opposite.

3 hours ago, Couratious said:

If people are reacting like that it's probably for a reason...

It's because they realize how cash-grabby this game is.  Just look at how much the cosmetics cost and how much the premium currency costs as opposed to other games...

Most of the cosmetics you have to buy the $20 crown pack just to have enough to buy one cosmetic because of the way they are priced.  It's greedy and the players know it.

Combine that with the antenna nerf and other nerfs in the patch notes and players are upset and rightfully so.

"People are rude to us" is not a good reason or explanation for ignoring your paying customers who are literally keeping your cash cow on life-support.   The trust of gamers is not a given right to studios and developers.  It is earned.

This studio has done nothing to garner the trust of it's players.  On the contrary, they have done the opposite.

Well, as we can see the 2 new challenges (3 airdrops for 155 crowns, 5 for 215 crowns), they maybe did some changes and gave us a way to get back that loss from the antenna. Lets check all the new challenges first to see the difference.

The antenna nerf was too high, I'm at 4,6 per day and i wont spend all that ressources to reach the last level (6,4), its not worth it anymore. Maybe they'll change it once more and find a better balance.

Lets list all the challenges and lets see how many times we get crowns from them. 

1 hour ago, Civilian5902 said:

Well, as we can see the 2 new challenges (3 airdrops for 155 crowns, 5 for 215 crowns), they maybe did some changes and gave us a way to get back that loss from the antenna. Lets check all the new challenges first to see the difference.

The antenna nerf was too high, I'm at 4,6 per day and i wont spend all that ressources to reach the last level (6,4), its not worth it anymore. Maybe they'll change it once more and find a better balance.

Lets list all the challenges and lets see how many times we get crowns from them. 

It's other nerfs too though...

None of my friends are happy with weight of your bag influencing your stamina or movement... Nobody wants to be slowed down or have gameplay slowed down.

I've played this afternoon, and it doesn't slow you down that noticeably. The more you carry makes you sprint bar a little shorter. No problem if you stop sprinting before it goes red. I also believe the recovery is set to happen faster.

It's a good addition to gameplay and adds to the realism.

13 minutes ago, Oldninja said:

I've played this afternoon, and it doesn't slow you down that noticeably. The more you carry makes you sprint bar a little shorter. No problem if you stop sprinting before it goes red. I also believe the recovery is set to happen faster.

It's a good addition to gameplay and adds to the realism.

Yeah exactly.  So you spend more time walking.  This is not fun or exciting gameplay.  If anything the stamina bar should be increased.  Players want face-paced gameplay, don't care about realism. We have an invisible backpack that holds 1000 items and you can take fall damage from stepping off a 6 inch ledge.  

You cant add in a lame mechanic and go "bUt iTs rEaLiSm" when the whole game itself is unrealistic.

The whole point of the game is to get as much loot as possible and leave with it... Why penalize players for getting the most loot?

This seems antithesis to the entire concept of VIGOR

Edited by Couratious
Added more for context

Hi Couratious,

Everyone is more than entitled to their opinion, and I respect yours.

From my perspective I don't want a game that makes it too easy. I tend to enjoy games that make you think a little, and adds to the anxiety levels.

To me it makes sense that the more you carry the slower you will be. I'll therefore plot an exit that keeps me in as much cover as possible until the final sprint.

But that's me and everyone's different.

2 hours ago, Couratious said:

Yeah exactly.  So you spend more time walking.  This is not fun or exciting gameplay.  If anything the stamina bar should be increased.  Players want face-paced gameplay, don't care about realism. We have an invisible backpack that holds 1000 items and you can take fall damage from stepping off a 6 inch ledge.  

You cant add in a lame mechanic and go "bUt iTs rEaLiSm" when the whole game itself is unrealistic.

The whole point of the game is to get as much loot as possible and leave with it... Why penalize players for getting the most loot?

This seems antithesis to the entire concept of VIGOR

I think what Vigor does well is simulate reality very well. This new mechanic adds to the realism. 

Yes, it’s a video game. Yes, you have stolen Hermoines charmed bag of endless depth. It’s not possible to reach total realism without inventory almost completely not existing. We’d grab 5 chemicals or 10 metal parts and have full pockets. That won’t work. This does.

It gives you the feeling of being burdened for your plunders. Giving you a distinct disadvantage from players fleet footed. This is really handy for chasing down the guy who grabbed the supply drop now.

You are welcome to speak on your opinion, but please don’t speak for all players. We are not COD or R6 players here, we like the challenge Vigor brings to survival combat and the realism.

1.2 hopefully bring knives that deal more damage, cause you know stabs hurt.

I agree with this new stamina. The worst is 50%. Its a real cost, but I see it like a good difficulty to deal with. Decreasing the loot, like I can see after 10 games, is more an issue. Even at 200 or 300%, we feel no differences with 100%. 

Good point re loot levels Civilian. I've only played half a dozen or so encounters since the update, and with the exception of the new map, I noticed a decrease in loot.

Maybe an attempt to promote boosting or to slow shelter progress. But while my antenna is producing 0.22

crowns per day, my next boost will be around the end of Feb/early match. Unless I pick up some generous challenge rewards.