Ethin Benson

DayZ: let’s talk about some fixes...

Ok, so let me just starry by saying, Bohemia Interactive, you have possibly one of the best games for such high potential. Ever since I’d seen gameplay of dayz on pc I’ve dreamed of a day the game would release on console. For the past few months, I’ve been able to live that dream. It’s such a good game that I could honestly play for hours and hours, which is why I don’t want to see it fail. 

I understand that no game should ever be EASY. I understand that taking the challenge away would make a game dull and boring. However, I and I think every other gamer out there would appreciate getting rewarded with some fun out of any game. 

I want ant to start with thirst, hunger, and vomiting. When I first started dayz, I’ll admit, I had no idea what the hell I was doing. But I remember dying probably 8-12 times just from THIRST. The fact that I started the game with no drinks, and a thirst meter already halfway empty, and draining fast, was insanely difficult for me. But then I started to catch on to the game. I began to understand the looting process and the while maintaining my thirst and hunger procedure. So months went by of me having a blast on the game. I died a couple times, but no where near as many times as the first day of playing the game. I am currently on my longest lasting character, I’ve kept him alive for about a whole month now, as of October 5th, 2019. I got on today and realized that my regular server was missing. I handled it pretty well, just had to pull out my compass and head south east. However, I did notice something odd. My thirst meter was going down at an alarming rate, a rate that it had never gone down at before. I walked about a mile and drink through all 4 full plastic water bottles, and a full canteen in just one mile. Not to mention that fact that I also kept throwing up because the game wouldn’t tell me if I was quenching my thirst or not which obviously made the situation worse. Staying quenched and full was already a bad enough problem when I first started, I’m begging you to not make it a problem again. I refuse to let my longest lasting character, who’s already been through the toughest situations, die of thirst. A pathetic death. If that means I can’t play the game until you guys fix thirst to actually feel realistic, then so be it. 

The other thing that I’m not really as concerned about is looting. Now I don’t really mind not finding any AR’s ANYWHERE because I already have a scoped SKS and a kickass pistol, BUT I’m just saying it would be nice to find one somewhere. I’ve seen countless amounts of ammo and attachments for AR’s, especially the AK, but no AR’s anywhere. I’ve only found ONE M4 in the many months of playing the game and that was in a bathroom in the military base south of the main airfield, and then I immediately lost it when it failed me in a firefight. I get it, I mean guns like that should definitely be rare, but not nonexistent. I’ve been to all military-based loot areas COUNTLESS times and never found a single AR ever again. I feel the same way about cars. I’ve only found 2 of those EVER. And I just have to pass them by because it’s VERY hard to build and fix a car to run properly. I think the positions of where certain things spawn should remain the same, but they should spawn more abundantly, which could also help with the thirst problem too. 

The last thing I wanted to say is a question. How do I setup a good base camp? How do I keep my things from despawning? I want to finally settle down with my character, so he can make regular runs and stuff. He can have a good transceiver and maybe a functioning car and grow a garden and stuff like that. Let me know in the comments. 

Has this been acknowledged. I've just bought this game and can tell I'm really going to like it. But dying of hunger so quickly is damn annoying. Pretty sure it takes a couple of days to die of hunger lol I haven't been able to see any of the map as it's so damn hard to find food (yes including apples and mushrooms!) 

On 12/17/2019 at 12:43 AM, Sam353 said:

Has this been acknowledged.

This is not DayZ Forum, DayZ devs aren't here, nothing here will be acknowledged.

Sounds like you have a sickness. To the left of thirst there is probably a little germ icon and thats why your draining sooo fast.