ayjay

Scripting ammo replenish?

My knowledge of scripting could be written on the back of a postage stamp so I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following is possible.I'd like to set up AI squads with an initial setting of 10% ammo then after they'd expended that a pause of say 5 minutes then give them another 10% ammo and so on through the whole mission.

9 hours ago, ayjay said:

I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following is possible.

It's possible 😄

Joking aside you could, remove all mags after a certain time, then wait, and reset to full, and so on. Would be easier to script at least.

Also, if you edit their loadouts manually (to whatever % you like) prior to mission start, you could export their loadouts and then just paste that back in.

Thanks for your reply RCA3. I'll try your exporting loadouts idea. 

You could have ammo boxes scattered around the map. Each box has a single magazine filled to 10%.

Place them well apart.

Thanks for your reply Joe98. I can't figure out playing single mission as Zeus, how to get AI squads to rearm themselves from ammo boxes.

Ok, create a trigger. Within the trigger write a command that provides ammo to soldiers.

Now find a clever way to position that trigger. You can even use one trigger to move another trigger to another location.

Thanks Joe98. I'll give a try.

@Joe98 

Hello I have a script that will never let the player never to have less the one magazine for pistols and rifles and always have one round for an AT weapon. The script lets  you use up all your ammo and when that is done will add one magazine or round back into your inventory. I've been using this since ARMA 2 because we all know playing with AI units can be very frustrating keeping them with ammo especially if your unit has no AT  rounds and an armored vehicle comes running up on you lol you are then actually f*****.

Let me know if you'll be interested in this.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:55 AM, ayjay said:

My knowledge of scripting could be written on the back of a postage stamp so I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following is possible.I'd like to set up AI squads with an initial setting of 10% ammo then after they'd expended that a pause of say 5 minutes then give them another 10% ammo and so on through the whole mission.

Say if they started they 10 mags you'd only want them to use one or 10% of a mag or?
are you wanting to count a whole squads ammo or just individuals?

Avibird1, I would like to see that ammo re-supply script. I would use it for AI on MP with dedicated server. Thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bumyplum said:

Say if they started they 10 mags you'd only want them to use one or 10% of a mag or?
are you wanting to count a whole squads ammo or just individuals?

I was looking at it like, 10% ammo of whatever 100% ammo is, per individual. Is the ammo amount calculated as magazines?