Sign in to follow this  
Civilian5902

How to fix the bush

The bush glitch is now making part of the gameplay, its a serious problem which lead to a simple fact: "players" dont know to play anymore.

2 vs 2 scenario: We kill the 1st. The 2nd wont even try to shoot, he straight go to the bush, safe, in front of us. Emote "Heee Hey". 

People are waiting in bushes. Sometimes for a very long time, as we spectate some. Its just a stupid move. Emote "You're stupid heeeey". (finger if I kill him, and I did).

Theres a thing to do to fix that, and fix more than this glitch. Make the bush full. A solid object where we could not enter anymore. We could use leaf to hide like half of the body, a shoulder and a leg, but stop giving the possibility to hide entirely in it.

We could still hide behind, turn around, but its time to clear this non sense. The bush is not a ghost where we can pass through like if there was nothing.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:36 AM, Civilian5902 said:

The bush glitch is now making part of the gameplay, its a serious problem which lead to a simple fact: "players" dont know to play anymore.

2 vs 2 scenario: We kill the 1st. The 2nd wont even try to shoot, he straight go to the bush, safe, in front of us. Emote "Heee Hey". 

People are waiting in bushes. Sometimes for a very long time, as we spectate some. Its just a stupid move. Emote "You're stupid heeeey". (finger if I kill him, and I did).

Theres a thing to do to fix that, and fix more than this glitch. Make the bush full. A solid object where we could not enter anymore. We could use leaf to hide like half of the body, a shoulder and a leg, but stop giving the possibility to hide entirely in it.

We could still hide behind, turn around, but its time to clear this non sense. The bush is not a ghost where we can pass through like if there was nothing.

Any thoughts on this idea ? A full bush ? I know theres not many people here, but this glitch is really awful.

OMG... You're all bush players ! I'll find you all ! I'll find a torch and put fire on all the bushes !! I want termite, flame grenades !!! 

I actually don’t use the bush how most players do. I will hide in them for cover to conceal myself, but I refuse to use them as shields. A friend of mine asked me the other day how I died, and I told him I don’t hide in the bush. Charged a guy, got him but didn’t see his buddy until it was too late. My bud sat in the bush and dealt with the guy and the other 4 that came. The other 3 also sat in bushes and they were all just firing at each other without anyone dying. It was pretty funny. he just waited for each of them to leave and gunned them down.

I think it’s a cheap mechanic, but it’s nice for cover. Just take away it’s ability to stop fire all together. Let it be visual cover, but bullets should pass through all the way all the time. 

1 hour ago, Kuljack said:

I think it’s a cheap mechanic, but it’s nice for cover. Just take away it’s ability to stop fire all together. Let it be visual cover, but bullets should pass through all the way all the time. 

As visual cover is my point. If there was not such a lot of bushes, maybe... My point was to throw away everything where you can hide your full body, and at this point, there is only the bush. Its a way to focus on your placement.

If you cant enter in it and simply move the camera, it will force you to move around, because the bush is a good thing to hide behind.

We could talk about high grass too, but high grass is fine. 

The bush needs some consistance, at least on the middle. My idea, half of the body is fair.

52 minutes ago, Civilian5902 said:

As visual cover is my point. If there was not such a lot of bushes, maybe... My point was to throw away everything where you can hide your full body, and at this point, there is only the bush. Its a way to focus on your placement.

If you cant enter in it and simply move the camera, it will force you to move around, because the bush is a good thing to hide behind.

We could talk about high grass too, but high grass is fine. 

The bush needs some consistance, at least on the middle. My idea, half of the body is fair.

I like the feel of vigor in how it’s somewhat more realistic. Aside from being able to chill in a radiation field for awhile.

You stagger from shots, falling hurts you, your foot steps are loud, guns don’t have pin point accuracy... so no I don’t think taking away the option to get in a bush makes sense. You can crawl into a bush in real life and hide for cover, that’s a legit tactic. I don’t see Vigor taking that away, because a lot of campers would rage and rightfully so. Camping is a legit strategy, we use the tactic in real life. You can; however, shoot a bush and hit someone in real life so let’s have it that way. 

Just keep your eyes peeled, 9 times out of 10 you can spot a guy in a bush if you look for feet or a gun popping out and you do three laps around something before looting to check the area for movement.