avibird 1

How do I setup a trigger or waypoint that will only delete a vehicle if that vehicle reaches a set waypoint or trigger area.

I have a waypoints setup for a two man crew to getin a trunk that moves out of a town once an assault starts. The trunk moves to a new location away from the town and the trunk gets deleted with a hint: that the WMD trunk has escaped.

All works great if the trunk escapes the town assault. I have a second trigger setup to a task completed if the trunk gets destroyed with the !alive command.

The issue I am having is if the trunk get destroyed but the two man crew is still alive and reaches the waypoint with the deleted command the trunk wreck will get deleted and the hint shows up. One test run of the mission I was behind the wreck and the trunk just deleted lol. If the crew gets killed all good. 

How do I setup a waypoint or a trigger that will only delete the trunk if only the trunk reaches the delete waypoint or a trigger not the crew members.

@avibird 1,

WEST Present
Trigger Conditions:

this && alive trunk && trunk in thislist;// maybe !triggerActivated otherTRIGGER

On Activation:

Delete_grp= group driver trunk;
{deleteVehicle _x} forEach units Delete_grp;
deleteVehicle trunk;

Have fun!

• Like 1

@wogz187

Driving home from work I realized why am I using the crew waypoints to delete the vehicle 🤪

This works great now 

Trigger

Type none

Activation opfor

Activation type present

Condition WMDVeh1 in thisList

On activation DeleteVehicle WMDVeh1; hint "WMD Truck 1 has ecscaped the assult HQ is not going to be happy about this"

I am still going to try you way and a few other ideas that I had. I have the crew moving back into the AO after the truck is deleted. Why waste a few units on the map let them join the battle.

@avibird 1,

"The issue I am having is if the trunk get destroyed but the two man crew is still alive and reaches the waypoint...
...delete the trunk if only the trunk reaches the delete waypoint or a trigger not the crew members."

Why waste a few units on the map let them join the battle. (?)

Really, Avi?
Really?

• Haha 2

Lol old habits are hard to break. 😂 I have three wmd trucks attempting to escape in all different directions from the town. That is 6 extra units to kill if all the trunks escape. Now imagine one of the six units are the one that kills your last conscious playable unit and you failed emission just because you couldn't take out the trucks which is the first objective of the mission 😎

• Confused 1

@wogz187 why are you confused lol. My missions design is very calculating with everything down to the last AT round needed to complete a mission. 

Please if you are on Arma and see my  host server AvibirdPC please stop by I would love to show you how it all plays out.

• Like 1