*minor update
Mission Maker Framework v6b
Added fire propagation.
Back in version 4 the "SWO" companion functions were removed. Those functions have been rewritten and this new demo showcases a basic companion. To accommodate this change the base service "AUTO-CREW" has been disabled.

Spoiler

Version 0006b

* Added MMF_fnc_houseFire, MMF_lightEffect, Basic Companion :MMF_targetShare, MMF_stalker, MMF_boardVeh

* Added first “player injector”: MMF_companionSetup

* Corrected potential error in MMF_battle injector

* Added “fire glow” effect to existing effects (wrecks)

* Moved player character to generate a new demo (Kavala)

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Released MMF_v7
Updated MMF_vX_test (dev)

Check out the readMe and change log to see what's new!

Have fun!

Spoiler

This update was a year in the making and would not have been possible without help from contributors and this community.

Special thanks to, @soolie , @Smart Games, @ZaellixA, @Tankbuster, @pierremgi, @Larrow, @Dedmen, @Grumpy Old Man, @haleks, @Rydygier, and everybody at the official Arma 3 Discord!

@foxhound
All of the links above are permanent and will always link to the latest version.

• Like 6

Updated page files (version 7a). changeLog

Demo (drive)
DEV (drive)

Added helicopter insertion and extraction for players and AI groups.

Added performance friendly dynamic post-processing color space determined by time of day.

Spoiler

A note about the new color spaces.
Creating color spaces is super-easy. Creating good color spaces is not. No matter what I did I couldn't come up with anything better than George's themes (with a couple minor tweaks).

@GEORGE FLOROS GR, awesome work on those themes, man!

Thanks!

Helicopter scripts are WIP. Both scripts work and are straightforward but can fail if called at an unsuitable location. Make sure you place your camp where a helicopter can land. Make sure you request reinforcements and extraction in a place helicopters can land.

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey wogz,

I have been following this, opened a few demos and files. Its a ton of stuff and awesome to see people are still putting things out there for players.

My main question is for calling your scripts. Will you be releasing any small missions showcasing all functions? Thanks

• Like 1

@jandrews,

My main question is for calling your scripts. Will you be releasing any small missions showcasing all functions?

That's essentially what the demo is. For call examples the best place to look is in the two startup functions: startup and startPlayer (located in MMF_core/scripts/S) and MMF_design in the mission root folder. These files initiate all the functions used in the demo (which is most of them).

For a while I was including call instructions in each version release but with things rapidly changing I decided to save this until the functions were closer to final-- which they now are. Comprehensive call instructions are coming soon. Call instructions will be inline (in the function script) just like the latest helicopter scripts.

There is a format for calling the functions and most parameters are optional. You might be surprised how much you can accomplish with empty / minimal calls. I am always around to help configure calls.

Thanks for your support!

@D45H__,

can I just ask?how to add your friend in Argo in a custom server??

Do you mean the companion character? I never considered companions in MP before-- that function is the only one which referrers to "player" directly. If it was initialized locally, it might work.

We start a companion with,

[_this, side _this] call MMF_fnc_startCompanion;

or

[player, WEST] call MMF_fnc_startCompanion;

The companion requires all the framework files because he calls various functions.

I'd be interested to hear the result of this experiment.

Have fun!

@D45H__,
Additionally,

Spoiler

The easiest possible way to make a companion would be to place an editor unit and paste,

this call MMF_fnc_companion;

into the unit's init field.

Companions call,
 MMF_fnc_boardVeh, MMF_fnc_anims, MMF_fnc_specialFX and MMF_fnc_tasker all of which must be loaded.

The easiest way to set this up for MP testing is to disable automatic features (comment the init.sqf line) so the functions are loaded but nothing is initialized. Then manually call your function (like above) and see what happens.

Edited by wogz187
additionally...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@jandrews,

The dev link has been updated. This test version will launch in MP and SP.

The file MMF_design was intended to be an easy place for novice SP mission designers to customize their mission. However, contingencies to allow this document to function hampered the typical load order which the system expects and therefore made MP setup a complicated workaround.

I replaced MMF_design with initServer and initPlayerLocal. These files serve the same purpose of initializing the mission and players respectively. Please note that this does not guarantee all features will work correctly in MP and significant testing is required. Addressing the locality of individual functions will be my first ambition after a brief holiday break.

Merry Christmas!

Have fun! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Work in Progress,

Spoiler

a) Auto-population: A single wrapper script which contains 3 functions,
1) populate empty vehicles
2) populate units

3) populate traffic

b) MP compatibility Server testers required to determine locality limitations of core functions

c) Tech Stuff (WIP ~50% complete)
1) inline function instructions
2) function return values
3) locality

d) Base Builder Module: Separating Base Builder as a dependent module (plug-in)

Have fun!

• Like 2

changeLog

MMF_vX_test.altis (dev)

Mission Configuration,

Spoiler

[]call MMF_fnc_start_default;						//default arrays
[objNull, 1, 0, true] call MMF_fnc_start_random;			//random time

// debug / misc
missionNameSpace setVariable ["MMF_unitLimit", 80];			//nemesis unit limit
missionNameSpace setVariable ["MMF_drawPath", true];			//show nemesis path / created path
missionNameSpace setVariable ["MMF_drone_waves", true];			//nemesis drone IED waves
missionNameSpace setVariable ["mmf_call_monitor", true];		//show common call vars and function names 	(WIP)

//scheduled--> begins at mission start
MMF_injector={

//add mission script...

};

//center can be player, (allPlayers select 0), object, vehicle, trigger, not marker
//MMF_center is an example object
[
MMF_center,								//object, unit treated as center

["Populating...", "BLACK FADED", 0.2],					//intro message, type, time (0.1 = 1 second)

[true, 1200, [], MMF_IND, [true, 500], true], 				//nemesis [enable, area, array, enemy, [killpnts, val], wounding]

true,									//dynamic weather

[true, 3, 300],								//[flaming wrecks, amount, area]

true									//auto population

] call MMF_fnc_start_mission;

Nemesis, drone waves and auto population enabled in MP

Player Configuration,

Spoiler

[]call MMF_fnc_start_default;						//default arrays
[]call MMF_fnc_colorSpace;						//dynamic color space
//[_player, 1, 490] call MMF_fnc_start_random;				//random location, area must be > 0 [caller, area, height]
_player call MMF_fnc_handle_damage;					//damage effects

//======================================================================SP start

//scheduled begins at mission start
MMF_inj_play={

//[group _this] call MMF_fnc_addIR;				//add IR beacon
	[_this, side _this] spawn MMF_fnc_startCompanion;		//start companion (disabled in MP)

};

_player setVariable ["MMF_builder", true];			//enable build buttons (disabled in MP)
[
	[
	_player,							//unit is a player
	"Command",							//group ID
	[true, _player, 0, 300, [10000, 10], "OFF"]			//[enable base, base object, loot box #, loot area, [$, res], auto-crew]
	]								//base object may be static, unit, veh // auto-crew "OFF", "ON", "PER"	
] call MMF_fnc_start_player;						//(disabled in MP)

Actions, companion and base services disabled in MP by default.

*added version readMe and many inline functions instructions!

Have fun!

• Like 1

Is it possible to list somewhere each function's dependencies? I don't even know if that's plausible since there is so much going on within MMF, but it was worth a try. I am trying to dig in deeper and I am still questioning where things go and how. I feel like a dumbass after all the help you've already granted, but MMF is still a bit too complex for a basic user like me. INCREDIBLE, but I'm in too deep here. I've joined the Discord and perused a bit, read through this thread, toyed with other missions, but there's SO Much that I don't even know where to begin.

@Rosso777,

Is it possible to list somewhere each function's dependencies?

I'm not sure what dependencies means in this case. MMF_core must be installed to the mission root folder.

a bit too complex for a basic user like me.

No it isn't.

To start any new mission with MMF just place a player on the map of your choice, save, and install both the initialization files and mff_core folder to the mission root folder. From then on the functions are available in the editor functions viewer. Enable/disable/configure options in the initialization files to determine automatic features.

Try making yourself a tutorial by placing some objects and groups around in a VR map. Follow along with any / all of the #howTo  on the MMF discord.

Grab the Black Magic demo (alpha) if you need some inspiration!

MMF discord

Have fun!

11 hours ago, wogz187 said:

I'm not sure what dependencies means in this case. MMF_core must be installed to the mission root folder.

Gotcha. That answers my question, essentially. I was trying to move only the necessary code from the Black Magic mission file to my own existing mission. 

I will do as you’ve suggested and get into the Black Magic mission further; I wasn’t thinking about the function viewer and all that. And I will also pay more attention to the Discord How-To’s. 

You should be VERY proud of this system, man. As soon as I entered the BM mission and saw the mirror, heard the news broadcasts, and then saw how you were configuring  it all (in the editor), I was beyond impressed. I know this game can do a lot but it takes items like this that (I feel) truly capitalize on the game’s capabilities. Bravo. 

• Like 1

@Rosso777,

I was trying to move only the necessary code from the Black Magic mission file to my own existing mission.

Think about it like this,
The entire Black Magic demo was created without even opening the core folder or significantly altering the initialization files. The mission is contained within the mission.sqm file.

Included with BM is a "game_trigger" file you can check out. It contains the init data from the TV screen as a quick example. This file is not initialized, it's just there for your reference. You can view the init data of any of the objects/triggers in the scene for tips. Try copy/pasting the init data into a document for easier viewing.

Have fun!

This version update includes tons of new functions and significant tweaks, improvements and optimizations. Check the changelog for an overview of new content or download the test scenario to try it out.

Install v8 to a custom mission:
MMF_v8_extract_to_mission_root.7zip

Join the discord channel for tutorials, script help and discussion. Request features, provide feedback, share screenshots and more!

Have fun!

Added link to demo folder,
All MMF demo files

Check out the new images: Original Post
Descriptions:

Spoiler

MMF_pants_patrol
Repeatable patrol training

MMF_pants_test
Repeatable VR CQB training

MMF_feature_demo
Play around with dozens of MMF features and systems

MMF_sniper_demo
Have a blast in Abdera with 2 play modes (challenge/story)

MMF_vx_test.altis
The test scenario (always latest version)

MMF_v8_extract_to_mission_root
The version 8 installer

Have fun!

Was kind of afraid to get into this framework, but once you try it and see how versatile it is and how easy is to make things work, you just don't need anything else, really. AND it keeps improving all the time.

Awesome work!

• Thanks 1

Check out the new demo, MMF_games_demo

9+1 missions in a single scenario!

Missions

Spoiler

DEATHMATCH
Score 1000 points before 3 respawns

HOSTAGE

Rescue and return 1 hostage

EXTRACTION

Hold out until the rescue chopper arrives

TARGETS

Score 1000 points shooting zombie targets

PATROL

Conduct a routine patrol

ESCAPE

Insert via parachute and quickly make your way to the safehouse

SNIPER

Score 1000 points on the nearby targets

CAPTURE

Capture 3 areas around town

SPY
Locate the target building, gain access by locating a key and steal the computer

SANDBOX
Try the version 8 blufor sandbox

Bonus: Log out of the game to access your player's apartment

20210725141430_1.png
20210810221106_1.jpg?width=1043&height=5
20210810221550_1.jpg?width=1043&height=5

All MMF demos

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, omri2050 said:

Was kind of afraid to get into this framework, but once you try it and see how versatile it is and how easy is to make things work, you just don't need anything else, really. AND it keeps improving all the time.

Awesome work!

Same. I've tried several times to dig into this, but I get overwhelmed because instead of using it to MAKE a mission, I am trying to engineer it to work with my already-made mission. It has intimidated the hell out of me every time. I am going to take your advice, though, and keep trying.

@wogz187 Brother,  I cannot tell you enough how AMAZING the stuff you are doing is. SO IMPRESSIVE. Keep up the great work, man!

• Thanks 1

@Rosso777,

I am trying to engineer it to work with my already-made mission.

It's best to install MMF to a freshly created scenario with the intention of using if from the start. That way you can embrace the design philosophy and accomplish with 1 line what used to take a jumble of triggers and webs of waypoints— those are the complicated things— MMF is easy-to-use (it says so right on the tin!).

Some recent additions, like MMF_fnc_unit_maker, make designing missions even easier.

some_object spawn MMF_fnc_unit_maker;

I cannot simplify it any further.

Have fun!

14 minutes ago, wogz187 said:

I cannot simplify it any further.

Nor should you, man, you have done amazing work and should be proud of it. Keep pushing the envelope. It's people like you and these other dudes that have kept this game alive for so long.

I just like to make things extremely difficult for myself. 😁