Evan_Olson

Random FPS Spikes

Hello recently I have upgraded from a AMD FX 8300 to a Ryzen 7 2700x (I know big jump), But since that and it is only with Arma 3, I will run high settings and get around 120 fps on populated servers, but every 15 or so minutes I spike in FPS ridiculously hard like from 120 to 2 or 1 fps and then jump back up. 

Video showing problem -  Video

The video only shows what it would be in a 2 second format due to software not recording the full thing but in reality its like 20 seconds long

Steps I have tried

- Registry fix with CC Cleaner

- Uninstall and re-install

- Install as Admin

- Play as Admin

- Full PC wipe

- New Ethernet cable

- Switch Graphic Cards (1070 TI)

- Turn of Power Throttling

I do not know what to do at this point, I love Arma 3 I have 6,180 Hours on the game, any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Evan Olson 

Hi, welcome here 😎

Most of the issues you will get while playing Arma3 in MP are related to the server you are playing on (hosting/management/mods) and to your DSL connection.

Nevertheless I would like to be sure that the entire configuration of the PC has been upgraded with 16 GB of RAM and SSD to accommodate the OS and Arma3.

I will strongly suggest you to have a look on discussions on the Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications? thread.

I have 24 GB's of ram and it is on a SSD, once again just more questions what the problem could be. Nevertheless, I Thank you sincerely for your help

Thank you,

Evan Olson

16 hours ago, oldbear said:

Hi, welcome here 😎

Most of the issues you will get while playing Arma3 in MP are related to the server you are playing on (hosting/management/mods) and to your DSL connection.

Nevertheless I would like to be sure that the entire configuration of the PC has been upgraded with 16 GB of RAM and SSD to accommodate the OS and Arma3.

I will strongly suggest you to have a look on discussions on the Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications? thread.

How does the internet connection affect the fps?

One of the many reasons why you can get FPS spikes in game is related to the way simulation and MP are managed by RVEngine.

I do not speak, obviously, of the general level of FPS which is still determined by the efficiency and frequency of the CPU  and since mid 2016 by the efficiency of the GPU. I evoke one of the many causes that causes irregularities in the look and feel of the game in MP.