avibird 1

is there a destructible barrel in vanilla Arma assets?

Could somebody please tell me if vanilla Arma3  assets contain a barrel that can be destroyed like in arma2 and using cup items. 

I can't find an item like that. The barrels that I find in the editor  are indestructible. I'm trying to set up a trigger  for a task using !alive  to destroy a chemical Warehouse with multiple barrels but the vanilla Arma 3 barrel cannot be destroyed. Am I missing something or do I need to use cup items which I don't want to. I want to make this mission least dependent as possible. Avibird

Good evening,

I'm not sure I understand well.
Name the house to destroy it will go faster and place explosives hidden in it to simulate a big explosion.

For your mission you have this mod that simulates the presence of contaminated area, irradiated etc. etc. It works very well.

No I simply want to blow up barrels in a warehouse to complete a task. But the only barrel in arma3 vanilla assets are indestructible I can place satchels or shoot it with an AT  weapon it will not blow up so the trigger !alive Warehousebarrels will not be met so the trigger will not activate and the task can not be completed.

12 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

No I simply want to blow up barrels

Hello there avibird 1 !

You can take a look here if you want :

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Flexible Fuel Tank found under Supplies>Storage>Flexible Fuel Tank

Classname: FlexibleTank_01_forest_F

No scripting required.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@EO that is the bomb pun intended. That is a very nice explosion. A lot better the the arma2 barrels that used to smoke a little when destroyed. 

@GEORGE FLOROS GR I was trying to keep the mods to a minimum in this mission but I will definitely check out your script 😊.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey EO that look really nice a few questions.  Does everyone need to have this installed or only the host server. Can the amount of damage needed  to explode the item be adjusted.

27 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Does everyone need to have this installed or only the host server. 

Not sure about that one, I mainly play SP,  my hunch is it might just be server side, but of course it would need to be tested in this regard. There is a server key included.

27 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Can the amount of damage needed  to explode the item be adjusted.

Non adjustable, but object damage is based on three factors, size of object, distance from object, calibre of weapon fired.