Grezvany13

ILBE Assault Pack - Rewrite

ILBE Assault Pack - Rewrite

This mod is a rewrite of the ILBE Assault Pack (TFAR) mod made by Raspu.
With permission from Raspu I have rewritten several parts of the scripts and configs to make it fully working again.

Major Changes

• Removed ACE 3 dependency
  • Compatibility with both TFAR 0.9.x and 1.0.x
  • Fixed several issues with SATCOM

Installation

Simply download the mod from the Steam Workshop, enable the mod in the Arma 3 Launcher under the "Mods" tab, and start playing!

Requirements

Required Mods

Optional Mods

Contents

• MARPAT Woodland, Desert, Coyote and Ranger Green camouflage.
  • Alpine, Arid, Black, MCT, MC, OCP and WD camouflage patterns by Bacon.
  • 3 different antennas with different ranges (only for TFAR so far).
  • Antennas can be interchanged with ACE Interaction system, or with Action Menu (scroll wheel) when ACE is not loaded.
  • The different antennas give different ranges, and extending the Whip Antenna increases its range as well.
  • Placeable RF-3080 sat antenna with ACE Interaction system, or with Action Menu (scroll wheel) when ACE is not loaded.
  • If the player is near the RF-3080 antenna, the player has 4 times the TX/RX range (only for TFAR so far).

Contributors

• Grezvany13: Main developer of the Rewrite version (configs and scripts)
  • Raspu: Created the initial ILBE Assault Pack mod (models, textures and scripts)
  • Bacon: Created additional textures for the ILBE AP (which are added in this mod with his permission)

Bugs

Known Bugs

See Issues

Known Issues

• Mods which extended on the original mod (like re-textures) are NOT compatible anymore.
  • Item names are too long for the TFAR Hint UI in several cases

Contributing
Found a bug, have a great idea for a new feature, or want to help working on this mod; then come over to the GitHub repository. You can also join the Discord server for questions and feedback.
If you have content available (like re-textures), and would like to have them included; simply join the Discord server and tell/show us what you have!

Licenses
Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)

This mod contains models, textures and scripts by Raspu which are released under (APL-SA).

• It is ALLOWED to make a mod which extends this one (re-textures, config changes, etc.)
  • It is NOT ALLOWED to re-upload this mod in parts or as a whole
  • It is NOT ALLOWED to repack this mod in parts or as a whole
  • It is NOT ALLOWED to use this mod on a monetized server

Edited by Grezvany13
update contents & contributors
  • Like 9

(I have commented on Steam but just in case of wondering from other people. Maybe.)

I have two questions and the wrong direction of the link.

Question
1. What is "TX/RX"?
2. Can handheld radio get the effect of SATCOM?

Link
Your ACE3 web link to LYTHIUM terrain map, not ACE3.

9 hours ago, Jono the Cutest said:

1. What is "TX/RX"?

Transmit and Receive. Basically the radios become better with the antenna near them.

9 hours ago, Jono the Cutest said:

(I have commented on Steam but just in case of wondering from other people. Maybe.)

I have two questions and the wrong direction of the link.

Question
1. What is "TX/RX"?
2. Can handheld radio get the effect of SATCOM?

Link
Your ACE3 web link to LYTHIUM terrain map, not ACE3.

1. Transmit and Receive. Tx/Rx are common abbreviation in telecommunications.
2. At the moment all radios will get the 4x boost, although I might redo that so that only connected radios are affected (and handhelds can't connect to this system).
link: thanks for spotting! I've changed it both here and on the Workshop.

8 minutes ago, GamerOnkel said:

Are you also planning a revision of the ACRE2 version?

The current ACRE2 version only consists out of empty backpacks with antennas on top, but without any function. Which means that the antennas and SATCOM won't change the range of the used radios. This is however something I'm looking into.
Although, if this isn't a main issue for ACRE2 users, I can add backpacks which simply have more space in them so that the backpack radios can fit in them (and more items) till I figured out how to script them correctly.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for this, great work!

Using the Whip Antenna and can't seem to find the option to place the sitcom. According to the original mod the 'place sitcom....' should appear on the ACE menu. This is what I see

lEzQyU.png

The extend whip antenna option is under the equipment tab and there are radio options under radio, but no satcom.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Thanks for this, great work!

Using the Whip Antenna and can't seem to find the option to place the sitcom. According to the original mod the 'place sitcom....' should appear on the ACE menu. This is what I see

lEzQyU.png

The extend whip antenna option is under the equipment tab and there are radio options under radio, but no satcom.

Thanks!

The SATCOM is now also placed under "Equipment" (because it is), and should automatically show up there the moment you have a SATCOM in your inventory.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I worked out the issue, the satcom and any of the additional antennas need to be added to the backpack manually. Once I did that through virtual arsenal, it work perfectly!

Thanks !

Well, you can't magically make a SATCOM appear out of thin air 😉

At the moment I've set up the backpacks to be all available in Arsenal (except for the backpack without an antenna), and all antenna's are available as well.

Just keep in mind that if have the Whip variant, you won't need another whip antenna in your inventory.

10 hours ago, Grezvany13 said:

Well, you can't magically make a SATCOM appear out of thin air 😉

At the moment I've set up the backpacks to be all available in Arsenal (except for the backpack without an antenna), and all antenna's are available as well.

Just keep in mind that if have the Whip variant, you won't need another whip antenna in your inventory.

HI.

Could You maby set scope for standard medium ILBE backpacks without radio and anthenas to be available also in arsenal?

Thanks and regards.

14 hours ago, bolo861 said:

HI.

Could You maby set scope for standard medium ILBE backpacks without radio and anthenas to be available also in arsenal?

Thanks and regards.

I can (and most likely will) add the backpack without an antenna attached to the Arsenal, however since I can't modify the models it's not possible to remove the antenna connector from it (which sticks out on the top).

Since I can't modify the models it's not possible for me to remove the antenna. Perhaps someone else made an ILBE backpack without antenna's which is available on the workshop.
For ACRE2 the backpacks won't have an radio in them by default (since you'll need to add one yourself), and therefor the cargo size will be bigger, but the models will remain the same.

Edited by Grezvany13
changed answer
  • Like 1

Small update

- Added several new camo patterns (Alpine, Arid, Black, MCT, MC, OCP and WD) by Bacon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Small update

- Fixed an issue where no animation would be played while extending/retracting or changing an antenna.

• Like 1

I've been working on an ACRE2 version of this mod and it seems to work as it should (it actually changes the ACRE antenna), however due to limited knowledge about ACRE it uses the default configurations.

Not to mention that I currently don't play with ACRE, so I can't test if the radios (with modified signals) actually work...

Current "issues":
- only works with the PRC117F
- currently uses default antenna configs
- SATCOM is working, but behaves like the spike Mast (so place, pickup and connect)
- extended whip antenna is not working yet (backpack antenna does change, but not the ACRE antenna)
- ... is untested with multiple people, so no idea if it actually works or changes anything

I've posted the source on GitHub (https://github.com/Grezvany13/ILBE-Assault-Pack-Rewrite/tree/master-acre2) in case someone wants to take a look at it and provide changes/fixes (since some things are still WIP).
Especially if you have knowledge about creating antenna configs (with 4NEC2) it would be a great help!

When you have a community who uses ACRE and want to test it, feel free to contact me over Discord.

• Like 1