Sign in to follow this  
Alpine_gremlin

Question About Fog Settings

Hey guys I`m trying to use fog effects during a snow mission to simulate heavy snow fall and reduced visibility. I`ve noticing some interesting behavior when using it however.

I have attached a picture of my settings.

On the dedicated server, for some reason, whenever I switch to Zeus, the fog disappears and fades to almost zero, but when I rejoin and resync with the server, the value is as it is set in the editor. With rain as well, it seemed that on my friend`s screen, there was no precipitation.

When I try to set values manually in the debug console, the changes take effect, but then reset to zero again. Would anyone be able to explain this behavior?

Make sure you're doing a server exec in the debug console, a Local exec will be reverted automatically.

Is this originally someone else's mission? If so it may have a code in place that keeps resetting the weather settings.

On 9/30/2019 at 10:15 AM, Grovesy57 said:

Make sure you're doing a server exec in the debug console, a Local exec will be reverted automatically.

Is this originally someone else's mission? If so it may have a code in place that keeps resetting the weather settings.

Code was called from server exec.

Nah its my own mission. There should be no code resetting the weather.