Sign in to follow this  
GremlinTheGreat

Need help with script for on screen text.

Hi all,

So I’m relatively new to Arma 3 and have no experience with code. I have been trying to learn with small projects but I am stuck and need help.

Here is what I am working with:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_dynamicText

My assumption was that by modifying the x and y numbers I could get the text to appear in a different spot on the screen. I am trying to move my text to the upper 1/3 portion of the screen. I was able to get the text to move horizontally but I can not get it to move vertically.

Here is the script I modified.

["<t color='#1e1bdd' size = '1.5'><br />Armor (Stealth) Testing Area</t>",-1,-.99999998,4,1,-1.1,789] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;

The -.99999998 number was the only way I could change the -1 y number and still get the message to appear on the screen.

I even tried to modify the rscLayer number, thinking that maybe the layer was not large enough to move the text around in. That did not work either.

Can anyone tell my what I am missing besides a degree and coding experience?

Please keep in mind that I am not familiar with code so break you replies down as far as possible.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with your code the 0,0 is the center of the screen if I remember correctly where 0 is center and -1 and 1 are the edges of the screen on the axis. Try lower values./positive values. Haven't toyed with this in a while so I might be wrong.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Mr. H. Using positive numbers worked! I spent so much time trying to get this working. I wish I would have asked sooner.

If you want to see the finished product you can check it out here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1871374085&amp;searchtext=small+arms+testing

• Like 1

Thanks Von Quest. I had run across those already and was able to incorporate bullet trace in to the map I made. its definitely a great feature.