Hello, I create this topic to inform you that a new persistent mission for dedicated server using the ravage mode is now available!!!

The scenario is a team versus team on the map Ruha.

I will describe step by step the goal of the mission.

Mission File :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EkEUWnESTgwZdBKbatfm1xI8vYtjCxhk

After 68h of testing on dedicated server here the performance result :

So its highly optimised, all the main features are spawned, simulation of AI, static object, weaponholder.... are perfectly managed.

Solid 50 server fps/Low bandwith usage with 220 AI

DE5EA1A11C3CE0F6912F9CD7A160BDC48DF31CCA

F0DB9513E54E9EF68416B0148032A4A26236A31A

Primary objective and relating information

Quick description :

-Each team got a protected main base (off map) and a contested outpost (center of the map). The main goal is to evolve its 2 bases by bringing the cargo box that can be found on random crash sites. The player must find a truck to be able to load the crate then bring them in a predefined area (at base).

Every 6 crate there is an upgrade (fortification, AI guard...).

Note, this cargo box can be also used to stock loot.

So the main objective is to survive, secure and upgrade the base, then raid the enemy base to steal the cargo box and equipement.

Every player will be informed if any hostiles forces (player or AI) are  approaching the base.

Additional information about the main base :

The main base (out of map) is protected except that it is not 100% protected, the enemy side got 5 minute to go trough a 800m radius then come back out of this radius, if not they are killed instantly. So if the main base is upgraded its impossible to raid it.

The main base is also the respawn area, there is a map where the player can choose an insertion point, the insertion point are refresh at every server restart.

Additional information about the contested outpost :

The outpost didn't benefit from any special protection, so the player must hurry up to upgrade and defend this place. Take note that the outpost are closer from everything (loot, crashsite, point of interest...).

The 2 ennemy outpost are close to each other to facilitate encounters between players and thus create hot zones.

Secondary Stuff

Secondary Camp :

There is more than 10 static secondary camp on the map, they are hidden and the player must find them, this camp are identifiable cause they got the same set up, an abandoned house, 2 trailer and a white CUP flag.

This little place are usefull to hide and secure loot, if any player is able to occupy a secondary camp for more than 1 hour (that also work with a friendly AI), a small team of friendly AI survivor will come to guard the area, there is no side restriction so if a blufor come then occupy the area for 1 h a small team of blufor survivor will guard, if an opfor player kill the guard then occupy the area for 1 h an opfor team will guard the area and vice-versa.

Take note this zone can be triggered only 1 time for each side and the player didn't recive any information if the area is under attack.

Base Building :

There is a simple base building system, there is only few crate that can be found (mainly in warhouse), where the player can select from a panel of asset to build is own safe place, there is no restriction a player can build any asset anywhere or provide more fortification for the main base or secondary camp.

AI recruitement :

Every friendly AI are recruitable, make sure they got a first aid kit in their inventory to be able to revive you.

Other playable unit :

Playable Zombie :  There is 2 playable Z slot if the player want have fun by doing Zombies stuff, they can jump and got a higher HP than the normal infected.

Asian Bandit : There is 4 playable slot, Asian Bandit are the main AI roaming faction, they didn't get any base, protected area or secondary camp, so the player bandit respawn randomly on the map but they got a huge advantage, they can recruit any Asian roaming AI and can approach the crashsite without being attacked by the guard.

Renegade : There is 4 playable slot, Renegade are hostile to everyone, this playable slot was added for the lonewolf player or for a more hardcore gameplay.

Take note this Playable slot got a forced identity, so the playable Asian Bandit have an Asian face and speack Chinese, the Renegade have a ravage renegade face and speack french.

Danger and weird encounter

The player will be confronted to an hostile environement, horde of infected, bandit, dynamic radioactive area, radioactive rain, highly dangerous and unidentified threat (no spoil).

Information on the loot system

There 3 loot system in this scenario :

-Ravage loot (ability to search in box, trashpile...)

-Loot on the floor, they are part of easy loot but limited loot, this loot are generated only on server restart, so it will more difficult to get easy stuff over the time.

-Custom loot where the player can search in closed woodshack structure, train (wagon), boat wreck, plane wreck, big cargo...

Credit and community script used in the mission

GF AutoLoot Crashsite : GEORGE FLOROS

Environement effect and weird stuff : Alias

Persistence : GRAD  Team

Mag Repack : Outlaw

AIS : Psychobastard

R3F_LOG : R3F Team

LARS_Searchloot : LARS

Lootspawner : Bangabob

Advanced Towing : Duda

AI Recruitement : Grumpy Old Man

Boss Script : LSValmont

Special thanks : Mods used for make this mission

Haleck for the Ravage mode

CUP team

Temppa for Ruha

CBA Team

Bnae for project infinite

CZ 584 by ЛИБЕРАХУ ПОРВАЛО

Robert Hammer for the pistols pack

Ryan for Zombies and demon.

And a very special thank to the arma community who are very helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Vandeanson said:

Nice! What did you use for persistency? 

Cheers

Vd

GRAD

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Nice! What did you use for persistency? 

Cheers

Vd

I forget to say the last version of GRAD persistence got a lot of improvement :

-The fuel in vehicle are saved (no more full vehicle on server restart)

-Possibility to save custom variable.

-Possibility to save current state of a trigger.

-Persistent task.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, damsous said:

I forget to say the last version of GRAD persistence got a lot of improvement :

-The fuel in vehicle are saved (no more full vehicle on server restart)

-Possibility to save custom variable.

-Possibility to save current state of a trigger.

-Persistent task.

Hey @damsous! First, congratulations on this great addition to the arma community. Your mission is quite unique and I am loving how different it is to anything else!

Also, I want to know how you save the important Ravage variables such as hunger etc on each player using GRAD and how often do you set it to perform its saving procedure on your server?

6 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Hey @damsous! First, congratulations on this great addition to the arma community. Your mission is quite unique and I am loving how different it is to anything else!

Also, I want to know how you save the important Ravage variables such as hunger etc on each player using GRAD and how often do you set it to perform its saving procedure on your server?

Im using the persitence provided by ravage mod for player character and use GRAD to save spawned vehicle and static object, didn't really dig into the custom variable.

There a periodic save every 1h

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-persistence/wiki/saving-variables

Server Update :

Other playable unit :

Playable Zombie :  There is 2 playable Z slot if the player want have fun by doing Zombies stuff, they can jump and got a higher HP than the normal infected.

Asian Bandit : There is 4 playable slot, Asian Bandit are the main AI roaming faction, they didn't get any base, protected area or secondary camp, so the player bandit respawn randomly on the map but they got a huge advantage, they can recruit any Asian roaming AI and can approach the crashsite without being attacked by the guard.

Renegade : There is 4 playable slot, Renegade are hostile to everyone, this playable slot was added for the lonewolf player or for a more hardcore gameplay.

Take note this Playable slot got a forced identity, so the playable Asian Bandit have an Asian face and speack Chinese, the Renegade have a ravage renegade face and speack french.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mission uploaded :

So after 68h of intense testing, the mission is very optimised, 221 AI spawned, all the mission features are spawned, there is thousand of object on the map and also thousand of zombie killed.

You can check result (screenshot proof) at the top of the first post, and also find a link to download the mission.

The performance client are also great!! no matter how much time i spend on the server.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello, this mission Sounds really good! Which mods does this require to work?

5 hours ago, Dantspa said:

Hello, this mission Sounds really good! Which mods does this require to work?

Bottom of OP has all the mods listed.

What weapon packs need. I know that sams weapon pack at least. Is there anything else? Or other addons

Now I have these mods:   @Ruha;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@Asian_Factions_for_CUP;@CUP_Weapons;@CZ_584_Kozlice;@Enhanced_Movement;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD;@Project_Infinite_all_in_one;@Ravage;@Sam Weapons Pack_v03;@Zombies_and_Demons;@Robert_Hammer_Pistols_Pack.

Is I missing something

On 5/5/2020 at 3:49 AM, Dantspa said:

Now I have these mods:   @Ruha;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@Asian_Factions_for_CUP;@CUP_Weapons;@CZ_584_Kozlice;@Enhanced_Movement;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD;@Project_Infinite_all_in_one;@Ravage;@Sam Weapons Pack_v03;@Zombies_and_Demons;@Robert_Hammer_Pistols_Pack.

Is I missing something

Sorry for the late reply im not really into Arma for the moment, your mod list look like correct, this one is missing maybe :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=471723044

also @Asian_Factions_for_CUP is not required.

Take not this mission was optimized to be smooth on a dedicated server not sure that will work properly on local, i should upload this on the workshop with the mod list.