VHFluffy

Respawning Heli with custom INIT

Hello I have been trying a few days to figure this out but no luck. I want my helicopter to respawn with the following INIT field:

player addAction ["Heal Tail Rotor", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitVRotor', 0]"];

player addAction ["Heal Engine", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitEngine', 0]"];

player addAction ["Break Engine", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitEngine', 1]"];

player addAction ["Break Tail Rotor", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitVRotor', 1]"];

player removeAction DCON_Eject

Are you using the respawn module or script to respawn the heli?

Also, I'm a little confused here. The subject of your add action is the player and not the heli,  so why you need the heli to have the add action running? You could add that to the player.

Anyway, if you're using the module, the way I would handle it is this:

in the expression field of the module:

(_this select 0) execVM "add_action.sqf"

add_action.sqf

player addAction ["Heal Tail Rotor", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitVRotor', 0]"];

player addAction ["Heal Engine", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitEngine', 0]"];

player addAction ["Break Engine", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitEngine', 1]"];

player addAction ["Break Tail Rotor", "vehicle player setHitPointDamage ['hitVRotor', 1]"];

So anytime the heli respawn it runs the add action script.....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Are you using the respawn module or script to respawn the heli?

Also, I'm a little confused here. The subject of your add action is the player and not the heli,  so why you need the heli to have the add action running? You could add that to the player.

Anyway, if you're using the module, the way I would handle it is this:

in the expression field of the module:

(this select 0) = [] execVM "add_action.sqf"

add_action.sqf

So anytime the heli respawn it runs the add action script.....

Thank you for your effort. Please bare with me here as I have never worked with scripts before. 

I use the Vehicle respawn module.

Edit the code as much as you want as long as I can scroll wheel to Break and Heal the specific parts.

As I said I am new and I do not know where to paste in the code you gave me. Do I need to make a sqf file and put it in the mission folder or?

1 hour ago, VHFluffy said:

As I said I am new and I do not know where to paste in the code you gave me. Do I need to make a sqf file and put it in the mission folder or?

Don't worry man, we ALL walked there..in the shadow's valley of scripts usage...

In the respawn module, look for " Expression" field:

write :

(_this select 0) execVM "add_action.sqf";

Open notepad++ or any text editor and copy-paste your script:

save as: add_action.sqf in your mission folder (note: be sure to choose "all type" under the save prompt).

If it is not already there, move the file "add_action.sqf" in the mission folder, and you're done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Error message that comes up: "Init: Local variable in global space." If that means anything?

2 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Don't worry man, we ALL walked there..in the shadow's valley of scripts usage...

In the respawn module, look for " Expression" field:

write :

(_this select 0) execVM "add_action.sqf";

Open notepad++ or any text editor and copy-paste your script:

save as: add_action.sqf in your mission folder (note: be sure to choose "all type" under the save prompt).

If it is not already there, move the file "add_action.sqf" in the mission folder, and you're done.

Do I have to put in anything in the helicopters's init?

Do I have to put in anything in the helicopters's init?

Yap.....

In your OP you asked how to RESPAWN the choppa with the above addAction...so I figured you already have that in his init.

Enjoy!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Yap.....

In your OP you asked how to RESPAWN the choppa with the above addAction...so I figured you already have that in his init.

Enjoy!!

OK great. IT works in singleplayer but not multiplayer. There is no error message it just does not give me the option when I go multiplayer.

6 hours ago, VHFluffy said:

OK great. IT works in singleplayer but not multiplayer. There is no error message it just does not give me the option when I go multiplayer.

Glad it worked in SP....as far as MP goes, sorry mate, cannot help ya there. MP is a whole new world for me....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Glad it worked in SP....as far as MP goes, sorry mate, cannot help ya there. MP is a whole new world for me....

Thanks for helping me with the SP bud 🙂

• Like 1

Don't put your code in the helicopters init. Put it in your initplayerlocal.sqf

26 minutes ago, Mr H. said:

Don't put your code in the helicopters init. Put it in your initplayerlocal.sqf

Nothing hapend 😞

Are you using this with  mods or a mission like DCG?

1 hour ago, Mr H. said:

Are you using this with  mods or a mission like DCG?

No mods complete Arma 3 Vanilla

put this in initPlayerLocal.sqf. this should only display the action when the player is inside of a helicopter and should allow anybody to perform these actions(if their in a helicopter)

player addAction ["Heal Tail Rotor",
{
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["hitVRotor", 0];
}, [], 1.5, true, false, "", "(vehicle player) isKindOf 'helicopter'"];

player addAction ["Heal Engine",
{
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["hitEngine", 0];

player addAction ["Break Engine",
{
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["hitEngine", 1];

player addAction ["Break Tail Rotor",
{
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["hitVRotor", 1];

player removeAction DCON_Eject;

46 minutes ago, gokitty1199 said:

put this in initPlayerLocal.sqf. this should only display the action when the player is inside of a helicopter and should allow anybody to perform these actions(if their in a helicopter)

{

{
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["hitEngine", 0];

{

{

player removeAction DCON_Eject;

When in singeplayer it only shows the Heal tail Rotor option. When in multiplayer it does not show anything. In both cases this error message is displayed:

Error Invalid number in expression. Line 8

Anything I'm missing you assume is common sense :)?

When in singeplayer it only shows the Heal tail Rotor option. When in multiplayer it does not show anything. In both cases this error message is displayed:

Error Invalid number in expression. Line 8

Anything I'm missing you assume is common sense :)?

weird typo or something as i simply rewrote the line and it decided to no longer have the error eventhough it looked the same. this does work in multiplayer and shows all options(just tested) if you put it in initPlayerLocal.sqf

{

{
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["Engine", 0];	

{
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["hitEngine2", 1];
	vehicle player setHitPointDamage ["hitEngine3", 1];

{

player removeAction DCON_Eject;//no clue what this is but you had it in your original post

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gokitty1199 said:

weird typo or something as i simply rewrote the line and it decided to no longer have the error eventhough it looked the same. this does work in multiplayer and shows all options(just tested) if you put it in initPlayerLocal.sqf

Not your fault man. It's the infamous "invisible forum bug".

if you copy-paste your snippet (the first one you wrote) into the "code" tab you'll see plenty of RED DOTS which will trow errors once used in any script....

Try..you'll see.

@VHFluffy I suggest you verify EVERY script you copy in the forum by copy-paste it in the code box on the reply field. You'll be surprised how many time scripts don't work because of unwanted "red-dots".

Cheers.

EDIT: even the second one has the dots.....HAHAHAHAHA...damn little bugs...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Not your fault man. It's the infamous "invisible forum bug".

if you copy-paste your snippet (the first one you wrote) into the "code" tab you'll see plenty of RED DOTS which will trow errors once used in any script....

Try..you'll see.

@VHFluffy I suggest you verify EVERY script you copy in the forum by copy-paste it in the code box on the reply field. You'll be surprised how many time scripts don't work because of unwanted "red-dots".

Cheers.

EDIT: even the second one has the dots.....HAHAHAHAHA...damn little bugs...

well thats fun -_-

hopefully this is good then

https://paste.ofcode.org/39ZRzDa3fMMVNmQ9k2rUrxV

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gokitty1199 said:

well thats fun -_-

hopefully this is good then

https://paste.ofcode.org/39ZRzDa3fMMVNmQ9k2rUrxV

Okay this is completely screwing with my mind. This time no error message appears but it only works in singleplayer not multiplayer (This is if I remove line 21). Break Engine does not work at all. I tried retyping the entire script twice without copy and paste, no luck.

Don't know what line 21 does but so far the only difference I have seen is that it does not give an error message.

When you tried this in multiplayer did you change any attributes?

56 minutes ago, VHFluffy said:

Okay this is completely screwing with my mind. This time no error message appears but it only works in singleplayer not multiplayer (This is if I remove line 21). Break Engine does not work at all. I tried retyping the entire script twice without copy and paste, no luck.

Don't know what line 21 does but so far the only difference I have seen is that it does not give an error message.

When you tried this in multiplayer did you change any attributes?

it will work in multiplayer, its in the initPlayerLocal, any player that joins the server will get these actions. simply setting damage for the engine isnt enough with the helicopters(afaik) to damage the engine, im not sure what else you need to do though. no i did not, you probably have something removing the actions.