Heya, this is an awesome script! I do want to check though that the features say

Custom CBRN damage, works with ACE and vanilla medical

but you also point out that ACE is needed for medical pain integration. I take it that this means the script wont work if I run ACE without the medical module? Just a very quick test showed that some functionality is lost (checking exposure) with the loss of the medical menu but I thought I would check with you anyway. Thanks again!

8 hours ago, Rawshark said:

Heya, this is an awesome script! I do want to check though that the features say

but you also point out that ACE is needed for medical pain integration. I take it that this means the script wont work if I run ACE without the medical module? Just a very quick test showed that some functionality is lost (checking exposure) with the loss of the medical menu but I thought I would check with you anyway. Thanks again!

Hmm, checking the code again, you are correct. The option to check for exposure is indeed not available then. Another issue I noticed is, i am just executing the pain adjust for ace medical without checking if it is even there.

So, all in all, you are correct and ace medical is needed for all features.

23 hours ago, asys said:

hm...... don't working.  What I'm doing wrong? Load only 2 mod - CBA_A3 and ACE3

Just tested it as well with latest CBA and  latest ACE3 with the example mission. It works on my end, you sure you loaded the latest versions?

For the exposure text not showing up. It could be you moved that UI element out of your view as I see you have customized that.

You can check if you see this when executing it in your debug console

titleText ["Test one two, hello!" , "PLAIN DOWN"];

Just now, asys said:

hmmm...Thank you. When  i load default player profile, i saw  text. But in my main playable profile i don't see that text. 

Look ar the picture, please. Which menu used and i lost when change UI?

default UI (working correctly)

my playable UI (not working)

Good question. I sadly do not know. I believe it is the sub title element, yet I have no idea which one it might even be.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, unknownengineer said:

Hello, I found your script some months ago, I have been adding some tweaks to it and testing it. Are you still working on it?

I initially intended to use it in a couple of missions for my group, I added NBC protected vehicles, checking friendly exposure and started working on making atropine work. I have been wondering if you intend to further develop this script, seeing as the GIT hasn't been updated for 5 months, I think there is a great deal of potential for things that could be added.
I haven't been able to get this script to work on a dedicated server yet, but that is probably caused by me having to integrate this into my groups existing mission framework, I am still shit at this to an extent.

Hi, may I ask how did you do NBC protected vehicles? Thank you very much.

reading your scripts, in fn_init.sqf  I found lines whitch allow to change the volume of the  beep signal on ChemicalDetector_01_watch_F or turn  off  sound signal.  But in game i can't found that functions.  It's working?

57 minutes ago, asys said:

reading your scripts, in fn_init.sqf  I found lines whitch allow to change the volume of the  beep signal on ChemicalDetector_01_watch_F or turn  off  sound signal.  But in game i can't found that functions.  It's working?

Double click the chemical detector in your inventory when it is in the clock item slot.

Thanks for script, also, I have a question, it is possible to create zone not via marker but via object? 

2 hours ago, Ulmann said:

Thanks for script, also, I have a question, it is possible to create zone not via marker but via object? 

Yup. It uses cba's getPos in the background. so you can pass anything really. Object, markername, trigger, module, etc. It will convert it to the center pos of the new zone.

22 hours ago, diwako said:

Yup. It uses cba's getPos in the background. so you can pass anything really. Object, markername, trigger, module, etc. It will convert it to the center pos of the new zone.

Hm, I'm don't fully understand, how I can create zone around object? And second question, it is possible to move zone with object?

Only one idea how do that for now I have: create invisible marker and attach it to object, write script, which will move marker with object, but how I understand zone don't have height, it is unlimited, and that's really problem.

2 hours ago, Ulmann said:

Hm, I'm don't fully understand, how I can create zone around object? And second question, it is possible to move zone with object?

Only one idea how do that for now I have: create invisible marker and attach it to object, write script, which will move marker with object, but how I understand zone don't have height, it is unlimited, and that's really problem.

I meant it as this, the example only use markers, but it is possible to pass an object as well. For example you place down a barrel object and you name it "chemical_barrel". then you can do it as such as wel in initServer.sqf

[chemical_barrel, 2.5, 25, 25] call cbrn_fnc_createZone;

This will create a chemical zone around "chemical_barrel" with a total radius of 50 and strength of 2.5. You also wanted to know the height of the zone. The height equals the radius, in this case, it is also 50.
This script does not make it possible to have it attached to a vehicle, e.g. make it move around. It is possible to do, but not realized in this version.

8 hours ago, RL - AVE said:

What would be the easiest way to remove a created zone/area? 

There will not really be an easy way sadly, the whole thing was made without the removal part.

I can imagine that this might work:

Note down where you are creating the zones on server. Send the position to your clients to search for a trigger at that position, make them delete the trigger. Triggers are created only locally on the players machine, so every player has their own copy of the "zone" trigger.

On top of that, for JIP support it uses the cba event frame work, so, if someone jips in mid mission and after the zone was removed, it will be still there for them as it will be created when they join. You would need to remove the JIP event for that using CBA_fnc_removeGlobalEventJIP.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/blob/master/addons/events/fnc_removeGlobalEventJIP.sqf

However, you currently do not receive the ID of that event back and need to modify the createZone script so that the event raise function is at the very bottom.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2021 at 2:33 AM, diwako said:

This script does not make it possible to have it attached to a vehicle, e.g. make it move around. It is possible to do, but not realized in this version.

Can we expect support for movable objects in next version? Or there is no plans to update this?
Anyway, thanks for script, help and answers.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, Ulmann said:

how I can create zone around object? And second question, it is possible to move zone with object?

I use this method to create a dynamic/moving zone, It's a little convoluted but it works well with the current version of CBRN. :icon_biggrin:

Place a trigger, name it zone1

Spoiler

uWQWKeV.jpg

Place a unit, name it r1

Spoiler

ICB0Kud.jpg

Place another unit, name it r2

Spoiler

gYiCVrt.jpg

Place a gamelogic trigger

Spoiler

XzOmiv1.jpg

This method creates a zone trigger named zone1.

Place down a unit, name it r1, give this unit some predefined move waypoints or alternatively use BIS_fnc_taskPatrol in the units init, lastly open the units Special States tab and uncheck Show Model. 

Place down another unit, name it r2, set the units Health/Armor slider to 0%, then open the units Special States tab and uncheck Show Model.  

Place down a game logic trigger...

Condition: !alive r2

On Activation: zone1 attachto [ r1, [0,0,0]];

On mission start, the game logic trigger will attach the zone (zone1) to unit (r1) when unit (r2) is dead. It will also hide both r1 and r2 models. 

This creates a zone that will move around the map depending on which method you've used for r1.

This error shown below, occurs when playing in both multiplayer and singleplayer editor. The log from below is from a dedi server log which is occurring approx 5 times per second.  

if (_this isEqualTypeArray [[], 0, 0, 0, false]) e>
20:39:06   Error position: <isEqualTypeArray [[], 0, 0, 0, false]) e>
20:39:06   Error isequaltypearray: Type Object, expected Array
20:39:06 File A3\functions_f\Misc\fn_getArea.sqf [BIS_fnc_getArea]..., line 30
20:39:06 Error in expression <s, rectangular _this, -1]};

Any ideas?

Wasn't this script causing the issue. It was a radio jamming script I had in the mission. 

Thanks heaps Diwako for helping me!

Edited by MAJ Thomas
Discovered the real issue.

oh my god, i love you so much. Can you carry my child please.

• Confused 2

Hi, awesome script. THX. But, i want to make some adjustmens to better mimic use of different "chemichal contamination". So i try look trough the cript, and i cant find where is set how fast a in witch levels CBRN suit take contamination. And we use ACE and KAT medical system, so, is it possible to heal a contamination in some way? THX for help

The damage is separate from ace or kat damage systems. healing is not built in as your body has to get rid of that by itself, which takes days. Hence it is not simulated. The showers only stop the automatic inner contamination but do not heal any kind of damage.

A CBRN suit alone will not help as the simulation is mostly about airborne CBRN gasses and chemicals. a CBRN suit will be essential in level 3 (color red) contaminated areas as it also gets into your body by exposing your skin. In general the level of threat is added to your "CBRN damage". if you run around a level 1 area you get 1 to 1.99 damage per second, level 2 is from 2 to 2.99 and 3 is beginning with 3 up to infinity. This added damage gets subtracted by you wearing a gas mask, having a fresh oxygen tank enabled and only then if you have a cbrn suit on.

4 hours ago, diwako said:

The damage is separate from ace or kat damage systems. healing is not built in as your body has to get rid of that by itself, which takes days. Hence it is not simulated. The showers only stop the automatic inner contamination but do not heal any kind of damage.

A CBRN suit alone will not help as the simulation is mostly about airborne CBRN gasses and chemicals. a CBRN suit will be essential in level 3 (color red) contaminated areas as it also gets into your body by exposing your skin. In general the level of threat is added to your "CBRN damage". if you run around a level 1 area you get 1 to 1.99 damage per second, level 2 is from 2 to 2.99 and 3 is beginning with 3 up to infinity. This added damage gets subtracted by you wearing a gas mask, having a fresh oxygen tank enabled and only then if you have a cbrn suit on.

So if i udersteand it right, the decontamination shower, only clear contamination from exposure with out a protective gear, not that you need clean your CBRN gear on the way out from the zone?

Hey here,

I just updated this script. Made it easier to install fixed several things and added more features on top.

Fixed decon shower not working over the ocean
Fixed wrong initialization order of variables
Changed project structure a little
Changed create zone functions: now returns trigger/zone object for mission makers to use
Changed requirements: ACE medical not needed anymore, ace itself however still is!
Added settable time for decon showers
Added setting to allow passive damage or not
Added setting for healing rate
Added vehicle CBRN proofing configuration
Optimized background logic for zone activations

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_cbrn/releases/tag/1.2.0

• Like 2

New update!

This time all thanks to Celene (CuteMoonGood on github)!

Changelog:

- Added Fogging, Geiger counter, Conditioning backpack

This means your view gets foggy if you wear your mask long enough

You can set up backpacks as conditioning units so fogging can be delayed or prevented

There is a geiger counter that does 3D sound (mp synced as well) instead of beeping for the threat meter.

Download:
https://github.com/diwako/diwako_cbrn/releases/tag/1.3.0

Check out the read me and the new config settings!

• Like 2

Awesome script. Making a mission with it cause its lowkey better than the CBRN mod lmao. One issue, I cant seem to disable the trigger I've spawned. Everything else is working flawless, but I am trying to have the death zone be disabled by mission start, then enabled mid mission at the same time as a smoke artillery barrage my players start to give the illusion of a gas attack. I'm using the method outlined in your original post but it isn't disabling it. Any reason you could think of why?