Hey everyone,

I made a CBRN script that uses the new Contact assets for a mission for the group I play in. Thought I could isolate it and share it for others to use as well. This is open source and licensed under APL-SA. I will be accepting pull requests, feature requests and bug reports. Preferably on the GitHub page :)

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_cbrn

Script info

Mission script to add an arcadey CBRN mechanic into an Arma mission. This script is not meant to be realistic, as breathing in 2 seconds of some bad smell air causing death is not fun on a gameplay level. However, you can tune down the max CBRN damage to get this effect if you really wish!

CBRN threats are abstracted into 4 threat levels which are color coded by green, yellow, orange and red.

Threat level diagram, all threats level requirements stack:

1. Green: No CBRN gear need
  2. Yellow: Gas mask needed
  3. Orange: Supply of fresh air needed
  4. Red: Full CBRN suit needed

This script comes with a custom gasmask overlay, breathing sounds and custom low oxygen warning sounds.

Features

• Custom gas mask overlay
  • Breathing sounds
  • Working oxygen tanks
  • Threat meter UI
  • CBRN threats are abstracted into 4 threat levels
  • CBRN threat zones
  • JIP compatible
  • Custom CBRN damage, works with ACE and vanilla medical
  • Configurable values via missionNameSpace variables

More information and example mission on the GitHub page! https://github.com/diwako/diwako_cbrn

Disclaimer the threat zones are invisible, you can only detect them with a threat meter device

Requirements

CBA_A3 and ACE

ACE for the interactions, info screens and medical pain integration.

Installation

1. Download the latest release
  2. Copy paste the whole script folder into your mission
  3. Adapt the description.ext classes CfgFunctions, CfgSounds, RscTitles, Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers, and Extended_InitPost_EventHandlers
  4. Change variables in postInit or init.sqf if required

Screenshots

Download:

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_cbrn/releases

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Hey Man!!  Awesome Script!!!  I was just wondering if there was a way to add civilian and OPFOR Damage from the gas? 

Looks cool.  Anyway it can free of ace 3 dependency?  

On 10/17/2019 at 1:04 AM, T.Gavin said:

Hey Man!!  Awesome Script!!!  I was just wondering if there was a way to add civilian and OPFOR Damage from the gas? 

This script only really works for players. In the mission this was made for it was used to put additional tension to players. Enemies had re breathers already, so i simply did not simulate this.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:40 PM, jandrews said:

Looks cool.  Anyway it can free of ace 3 dependency?  

It would mean that you will have quite a few more actions in your scroll wheel menu. Possible, not so sure if it is practical.

This is an absolut amazing script but could you combine the Threat meter UI with the Chemical Detector from Contact under Watches?

1 hour ago, HaloMeet said:

This is an absolut amazing script but could you combine the Threat meter UI with the Chemical Detector from Contact under Watches?

As a matter of fact. some one already has done that. I will probably update the script in the future once I get permission to nab that code snippet.

Hi, first of all an amazing script like HaloMeet said.

I am trying to include this script to my mission and come to an halt when killing the player. 

So my group is using ACE Spectator in our missions and when the player dies the gasmask layer stays on the screen and I cant access map nor the night vision mode.

Before I start trying to edit the script myself, I like to know do you have solution to this.

https://i.gyazo.com/0681c69090916d2f23fdf8f3f633e38c.jpg

5 hours ago, Nurmi said:

Hi, first of all an amazing script like HaloMeet said.

I am trying to include this script to my mission and come to an halt when killing the player. 

So my group is using ACE Spectator in our missions and when the player dies the gasmask layer stays on the screen and I cant access map nor the night vision mode.

Before I start trying to edit the script myself, I like to know do you have solution to this.

https://i.gyazo.com/0681c69090916d2f23fdf8f3f633e38c.jpg

The script already removes the overlay on a player's death. However if the player respawns and gets a mask applied the overlay will be back. This also means, entering spectator mode with a mask on will show the overlay as well. The blocked map and night vision mode is weird. That should not happen as nothing in the script is blocking any kind of interactions.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:24 PM, diwako said:

The script already removes the overlay on a player's death. However if the player respawns and gets a mask applied the overlay will be back. This also means, entering spectator mode with a mask on will show the overlay as well. The blocked map and night vision mode is weird. That should not happen as nothing in the script is blocking any kind of interactions.

Ok, good to know, its then likely that some of my scripts or our mods may interfere when player dies and that is blocking the map and NV mode.

Will be investigating this forward.

EDIT: Got the overlay off by putting the removeGoggles command to killed eventHandler, but I still don't know why the map and NV mode is blocked in spectator.

Edited by Nurmi
because reasons

Hey, great script. As all your work diwako

Since someone asked (and it seems someone did it already somewhere)

Just add this code snippet into the "fn_threatPFH.sqf"

_max = _max max _threatLevel;

//Chemical Detector Display
			"ThreatDisplay" cutRsc ["RscWeaponChemicalDetector", "PLAIN", 1, false];  
			private _ui = uiNamespace getVariable "RscWeaponChemicalDetector"; 
			private _obj = _ui displayCtrl 101; 
			_obj ctrlAnimateModel ["Threat_Level_Source", _threatLevel, true];

"_max = _max max _threatLevel; " is the last line inside the loop. Just paste the snippet directly underneath it.
Tested in SP and it did work fine (and precise). Didnt test it in MP since i startet using this great script today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luminous815 said:

ACE team rewrite medical system,is there an update on compatibility?

The ace team did a good job with trying to keep as much backwards compatibility. This script should still work as is. The only ace medical related thing that is being used is the pain implementation, this should work as before.

6 hours ago, diwako said:

The ace team did a good job with trying to keep as much backwards compatibility. This script should still work as is. The only ace medical related thing that is being used is the pain implementation, this should work as before.

In my test I can not find check CBRN exposure in my ACE medical menu like your screenshot,but it worked in old ACE version.Sorry, my english is not very good, i don't know if you can understand me.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:35 AM, luminous815 said:

In my test I can not find check CBRN exposure in my ACE medical menu like your screenshot,but it worked in old ACE version.Sorry, my english is not very good, i don't know if you can understand me.

Same here

On 3/27/2020 at 1:35 AM, luminous815 said:

On 3/29/2020 at 5:35 PM, RL - AVE said:

Same here

Well this is not good, I will look into that!

Maybe add some chemical grenades?
Most notably:
CS - Turns nearby units vision white for 5 seconds then blurs vision of nearby units for 30+ seconds, reducing their speed, turn speed, aim, and reduces their courage.
Tin(IV) - Same as CS but has the possibility to incapacitate affected units with ACE3.
OC - CS but it's shorter and it doesn't turn vision white.

All of these are ranked yellow, and the effects of each do not go through walls.

Just released v1.1.0

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_cbrn/releases/tag/1.1.0

Ambient brightness for threatmeter

Chemical detector support

Chemical detector beeps

CBA item context menu support

The CBA context menu integration is only possible starting with CBA_A3 v3.15.0.200404!

To clarify as this is a brand new feature. You can now double click on items in your inventory for a context menu to appear. Meaning you can turn on oxygen through your inventory. Turn off and on the threat meter through your inventory. Also change volume of the chemical detectors beeping, turn the beeping off and on etc.

• Like 2

Another problem, the connecting pipe of the respirator and the gas mask seems to be misplaced,the following is my revised content

if (_goggles isEqualTo "G_RegulatorMask_F") then {
                _backPackContainer setObjectTextureGlobal [2,"a3\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_cur_01_co.paa"];
            } else {
                _backPackContainer setObjectTextureGlobal [1,"a3\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_cur_01_co.paa"];
                _backPackContainer setObjectTextureGlobal [2,"a3\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_cur_01_co.paa"];
            };

Hey brother. 
Absolutely love the script! Awesome work!

Run into a very minor error. The small decon shower sound doesn't work. Do you know what could be causing that? No errors pop up for it. 

Thanks for your time. 

Hello, I found your script some months ago, I have been adding some tweaks to it and testing it. Are you still working on it?

I initially intended to use it in a couple of missions for my group, I added NBC protected vehicles, checking friendly exposure and started working on making atropine work. I have been wondering if you intend to further develop this script, seeing as the GIT hasn't been updated for 5 months, I think there is a great deal of potential for things that could be added.
I haven't been able to get this script to work on a dedicated server yet, but that is probably caused by me having to integrate this into my groups existing mission framework, I am still shit at this to an extent.

3 hours ago, unknownengineer said:

Hello, I found your script some months ago, I have been adding some tweaks to it and testing it. Are you still working on it?

I initially intended to use it in a couple of missions for my group, I added NBC protected vehicles, checking friendly exposure and started working on making atropine work. I have been wondering if you intend to further develop this script, seeing as the GIT hasn't been updated for 5 months, I think there is a great deal of potential for things that could be added.
I haven't been able to get this script to work on a dedicated server yet, but that is probably caused by me having to integrate this into my groups existing mission framework, I am still shit at this to an extent.

The script currently is as is. It was made for a mission of mine and then extracted as many others wanted a standalone version of it. The reason why it is on git as well is so people can fork it and also further develop it, in hopes that people do pull requests with fixes and maybe new features.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

where shown  information about CBRN exposure? I use "check CBRN exposure" in ACE-menu and can't find result

2 hours ago, asys said:

where shown  information about CBRN exposure? I use "check CBRN exposure" in ACE-menu and can't find result

It is a text that should appear on your center bottom screen.

hm...... don't working.  What I'm doing wrong? Load only 2 mod - CBA_A3 and ACE3