Hello!

Now, I am kind of new to the "running arma 3 server" scene but have ran certain servers before. The Arma 3 Life scene for awhile was stagnant and there was too much of a variety to choose from and the variety honestly had little to no development that actually improved the experience in game. I have been a member of life servers for over 4 years now, being on many different communities and experiencing a lot of good, bad, and frustrating times. 

This is why I am trying to bring back Arma 3 life to it's former glory, in 2019 it's hard to think of a good FREE server to play on besides Altis Life and maybe City Life. But I don't want Altis, or Lakeside as the map. I want a fresh brand new map built from the ground up. A place where people can experience for the first time and explore many different locations. I want fresh mods customized to bring the best roleplay experience to the community. Custom building, possibly, and custom scripts. 

Now, a few things are is that I NEED HELP. Specifically with development, scripting, and hosting the server. If anyone is willing to help me with these things please shoot me an email -- jaylenryan@icloud.com

A few specific questions that I have are....

1. What host should I use to run the server if my connection isn't the best (because college internet).

2. How do I script mods into my server, add mods, and set up TFR so we can have a better VOIP in game.

3. Website creation has never been my strong suit, so how should I go about that?

4. How do I create a custom map, from the ground up?

Thank you again for taking the time to read this, and again, if you'd like to contact me either reply here or shoot me an email -- jaylenryan@icloud.com

Have a great day!

On 9/19/2019 at 10:36 PM, goldy2k said:

This is very simple.

1. Search on Youtube: create terrain for Arma 3

2. Practice for two or three years

Now you have a decent map.

• Haha 1

please shoot me an email --

Quick google search for your email shows you asking for help with a illegally cracked forum software 2 weeks ago.

It also finds me a youtube channel with your name, advertising a life server (posted on same day as your post here) which happens to be running the same version, of the same forum software as above on their website.

If this is really the way you intend to go, I recommend you take a full 180° turn on your heels and go right back to where you were coming from. Because this way doesn't lead to success, it leads to failure.

This is why I am trying to bring back Arma 3 life to it's former glory

Sounds more like you will just add more shame to Arma 3 life, like the dozens of other life servers which opened up in the last few months saying they want to make everything better now, but in the end just copied what others have been doing for years.

and set up TFR so we can have a better VOIP in game.

TFAR*

A few specific questions that I have are....

1. What host should I use to run the server if my connection isn't the best (because college internet).

2. How do I script mods into my server, add mods, and set up TFR so we can have a better VOIP in game. 

3. Website creation has never been my strong suit, so how should I go about that?

Sorry but it seems like you have absolutely no idea what you are doing besides "I want my own life server".

Good servers are made by people who know what they are doing, I'd recommend first learning how Arma works, how modding works, how you host a server. And maybe then thinking about your idea from scratch again.

Also you are going at this too hastily, you registered domains and started looking for people to help you, before you even made up your mind about how your server will be called.
I recommend you first sit back and plan things out, and make up your mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3