R.Sparkz

Looking for help w/ identifying content creators

Hey guys ! 

Im in the process of finalizing my modpack for my community. My community is monetized and we are aiming towards doing everything within BI policies and terms. However, the issue i have come across now is the simple fact that i just cant seem to figure out who owns some of these .pbos in order to contact the creator of said mod and request permission to use their content. Ive also heard from other people that some of these mods dont require permission however, id rather be safe than sorry. 

If anyone can please identify the owners / original creators of these mods so i know who to contact , would be a huge help ! big thanks in advance 🙂 

mods to which im looking for permission to use ..

MM_buildings.pbo 

MM_residental.pbo (basically all of “MM_” stuff)

catalina_objects.pbo

EM_Buildings.pbo

Taunus_markierung.pbo (specifically the “stein.p3d” decal) 

& “plp_.pbo” mods 

Its just too hard to indicate (atleast for me ) who the true creators / rights holders of these mods are & i greatly appreciate the help in advance if anyone can tell me who and where to find/contact these creators. 

Thanks ! 

P.S- appologies if i posted this in the wrong forum section as im not entirely too sure where else to turn to. 

When you googled those names you listed, weren't the authors you found not the actual rights holders?

29 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

When you googled those names you listed, weren't the authors you found not the actual rights holders?

Im not entirely sure thats why im asking here because for example the Xphone script. Ive had about 15-20 people already claim to me they were the original creators of it. So i want to confirm as to who owns the content and how to contact said people. 

1 hour ago, R.Sparkz said:

Im not entirely sure thats why im asking here because for example the Xphone script. Ive had about 15-20 people already claim to me they were the original creators of it. So i want to confirm as to who owns the content and how to contact said people. 

I don't know about xphone but googling every one of the pbos you listed will lead you to their author's Steam/Armaholic/BI forum page.

In addition to the three mentioned in the previous comment, here's "mm_": 

And "Catalina": 

The modder credits the catalina objects to "_gotdead_", who seems to be this fellow: 

The mod has been removed from Workshop since then, as well as the trailer from YouTube. So your best and probably the only bet is to message them through this forum.

Edit. Searching for Xphone brings up this site selling the script: https://armaservices.net/product/xphone-calling/

And apparently its creator (or one of the 20) is "ItsLeigham". See if you can contact the seller via the store or look around if there's a person of the same name involved with Arma elsewhere.

you're supposed to ask for permission BEFORE you steal the pbos and data, not after.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

you're supposed to ask for permission BEFORE you steal the pbos and data, not after.

who said i "stole" anything? my server isnt even released yet? id appreciate it if you can keep your assumptions to yourself as im just doing as i was told which was ; to come here and ask for assistance. 

11 hours ago, Greenfist said:

I don't know about xphone but googling every one of the pbos you listed will lead you to their author's Steam/Armaholic/BI forum page.

In addition to the three mentioned in the previous comment, here's "mm_": 

And "Catalina": 

The modder credits the catalina objects to "_gotdead_", who seems to be this fellow: 

The mod has been removed from Workshop since then, as well as the trailer from YouTube. So your best and probably the only bet is to message them through this forum.

Edit. Searching for Xphone brings up this site selling the script: https://armaservices.net/product/xphone-calling/

And apparently its creator (or one of the 20) is "ItsLeigham". See if you can contact the seller via the store or look around if there's a person of the same name involved with Arma elsewhere.

yeah i used the Xphone thing as an example. Yeah,  i did have tons of ppl claiming they made it but eventually i figured it out but was just making an example out of it. thnak you very much for your help exp with santa catalina. very much appreciated !

12 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

thank you very much that was a huge help! much appreciated ! 

• Like 1