Twiznak

How to set extraction point for combat patrol missions?

Hi everyone! I love the combat patrol missions. The only gripe I have with it is that the extraction point is WAY too close to the AO. It kills my immersion that the mission ends when I run into a building with bad guys all around me. I have my missions set so that players start the game at the blufor base, instead of starting right next to the AO. I would like to set the extraction point to an empty system marker "extract_1", and place that marker at the blufor base. It makes sense to me that the mission is only complete when you make it all the way back to base. Can this be done? If it can, would someone please show me how to do so? Thank you.  

@Twiznak,

It sounds like you want to move the end trigger. Or, if the end isn't specifically trigger activated, to change the conditions for ending the mission. We'll need a lot more information.

3 hours ago, wogz187 said:

@Twiznak,

It sounds like you want to move the end trigger. Or, if the end isn't specifically trigger activated, to change the conditions for ending the mission. We'll need a lot more information.

Allow me to explain. The AO and insertion/ extraction points are generated with script. They aren't placed in the editor by the mission maker. I use this bit of code to start the players off at the blufor base I placed on the map:

initPlayerLocal.sqf

private _pos = getpos player;
waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_CP_initDone"};
player setpos _pos;

I am asking if anyone, who is familiar with the combat patrol script and functions, knows of a work around (similar to this one?) that can be applied to the extraction point.

Have not tried it but something like..

//initServer.sqf

_moveExtractionPos = [] spawn {
	//Whatever calculation you want to find a exfil pos	

waitUntil { !isNil "BIS_CP_initDone" };	
	BIS_CP_exfilPos = /*some position*/ ;

//OR

//Whatever calculation you want to find a exfil pos

//Possibly waitUntil both pos and task have been added and then change
	waitUntil { !isNil "BIS_CP_initDone" && { [ "BIS_CP_taskExfil" ] call BIS_fnc_taskExists } };

BIS_CP_exfilPos = /*some position*/ ;

[ "BIS_CP_taskExfil", BIS_CP_exfilPos ] call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination;
};

Two options in there as the time between the exfil pos being calculated( by CP scripts ) and the task being assigned is quite short, so may need to wait until the task has been assigned and then update both pos and task. will need experimenting with.

• Like 1