Sign in to follow this  
fawlty

Lift Cargo

Putting together a mission where we move a ammo box out of a hanger, I then call in a ai chinook for sling pickup, then we're off to the next task.

I can get all that to work just fine unless one of the players drops the box in some obscure location, not near where I lay down the 'lift cargo' waypoint.

Is there a way I can waypoint activate the chinook to locate the ammo box no matter where it's located?

Variable names = chinook_1 and box

No Go, tried running this in the lift cargo waypoint along with some alternates to it and no luck

_wp setWaypointPosition [getPosASL box, 0];

What are you using to call the helo in? The action menu or a radio trigger? You should put it in there. Don't put it in the waypoints on activation field because that only runs once the waypoint completes, and if it's completed you're not going to do what you're trying. You could try putting it in the waypoint before I guess, but it'll be better in the trigger/action menu code. 

Thanks Beno

Ya I'm running it from a radio trigger, I'll give it a try and let you know.

cancel this request, it's not worth the effort

3 hours ago, fawlty said:

cancel this request, it's not worth the effort

It's only a couple of commands into the activation field of the waypoint:

[_group,_wp] setWaypointPos (getPoa _box);

You only need to name the helicopters group, use the right waypoint index and name the box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

" You only need to name the helicopters group, use the right waypoint index and name the box. "

And how is this done, and

(getPoa _box);  Is this suppose to be getPo?

Variable names = chinook_1 and box

Got it working, didn't realize all I had to do is take the lift wp and locate over the ammo box in the editor (turns green).

The wp will attach itself so no matter where the ammo box is moved to, the wp will follow.

Quite the learning curve Arma is

Did learn a few new things along the way so thanks for that Beno

• Like 1

Yeah it can be a bit frustrating at times. To be honest, I don't do a lot of work with waypoints in the editor, mainly the basics to move AI around then I script anything else that I want to happen. Having had a look at the waypoint commands last night there's also a command to do what you did in the editor (as a scripted solution): https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/waypointAttachObject

• Thanks 1