3LGStevo

HeadlessClient - Battleye Query Timeouts

My custom mission uses three headless clients to spread processing across multiple instances to allow for better performance.
Server - Network packets and base game operations
HC1 - Database writing
HC2 - Object handling (i.e. assigning objects to variables, creating vehicles, managing basic scripts)
HC3 - Intensive scripting (i.e. consistent and recursive loop queries)

I run my server using a powershell script which is assigned to Task Scheduler on Windows. Every 4 hours, the powershell script triggers to run 4 instances of Arma3Server_x64.exe, and monitors those processes to ensure they aren't terminated, and if they are, restart them. Very rarely do the processes crash so that catch isn't really significant (at least I don't think so).
The account used to run the task is the local server Administrator account, and the processes run as background tasks (i.e. I don't see the consoles). I have a steam account that has it's own copy of Arma3 to run these instances of Arma3server_x64.exe.

Now, while I have Battleye enabled on the server, the Headless clients take turns in being disconnected from the server with the vague response of "Battleye - Query Timeout". It gives me no other indications other than that, and it doesn't write anything in any logfiles about the disconnects - battleye, headlessclient.rpt or server.rpt. It simply throws them off, for them to reconnect. This obviously restarts a lot of scripting, which shouldn't be restarted unless the server is restarted which is causing problems. For the timebeing, I've disabled battleye and the HCs are now running through full server cycles without disconnects.

Here's what I've tried;

• Running the HCs from Arma3_x64.exe instead of Arma3server_x64.exe
  • Copying the Battleye files direct to the HC user locations
  • Opening the games as the HC clients on the server to manually verify the Battleye license policy
  • Manually running Arma3Battleye.exe alongside the HC arma3server_x64.exe processes

Now I'm at a dead end, I literally have no idea why these timeouts are occurring, the only thing I can think of is the process in which I'm running Arma3server_x64.exe is causing the Battleye license verification issues because it isn't technically running it as an application, it's running it as a background task.

Questions:

• Has anyone else had this issue with Headlessclients and if so, how did you rectify it?
  • Can TADST be used to schedule server restarts on a 4 hour schedule?
  • If you use Headlessclients for your server, what process do you use to launch the HC? Arma3_x64 or Arma3server_x64?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Still need literally any kind of help with this... I can't run an Altis server without Battleye, and the server doesn't run properly with the HCs constantly getting booted via Battleye for seemingly nothing.

Assume the HC's are properly configured in both entries in the server config?

10 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Assume the HC's are properly configured in both entries in the server config?

headlessClients[] = {127.0.0.1};
localClient[] = {127.0.0.1};

All three HCs run from the local server... I'm assuming I don't have to have 127.0.0.1 x3 added into the headlessClients[] array?

13 hours ago, 3LGStevo said:

All three HCs run from the local server... I'm assuming I don't have to have 127.0.0.1 x3 added into the headlessClients[] array?

Just apart, I can't understand the added value to run HCs on same processor as the server.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Just apart, I can't understand the added value to run HCs on same processor as the server.

Multicore processors are a thing.

Multiprocessor servers are also a thing.

14 hours ago, 3LGStevo said:

I'm assuming I don't have to have 127.0.0.1 x3 added into the headlessClients[] array?

Correct.

No further ideas then, battleye should be ignoring them. I'd say contact battleye, but I already know you won't get any usable help from them.

• Thanks 2