zeedesertfox

Unable to return to Zeus. Switch unit failing.

Howdy. 

Not sure if this is the right place, but I talked to the Achilles team and they stated it was more of an Arma 3/ Zeus bug rather than on their end, so here I am.
I'm currently using the Achilles mod for my Arma 3 server, and I've discovered the following troublesome issue.
I've set it so that the the player acting as Zeus is ideally unable to leave that position via forced interface.

81A837E6BBF09F1E6ABDCDAEE89C92427A9EAA2C

FABE3C1B18D5AF0B2DB9B0D652E6AF771466CDA9

All well and good. Using the remote function via zeus works as intended, to an extent and allows me to take control of an NPC to perform basic tasks. 

6C53AFB0CFF7233171B0B041A61167437EA7B049

However, there's only so much functionality available, and I'm often unable to use modded, or even in some cases I believe, vanilla features that would normally be available to a player.
Thus, it's preferable to use Achillies's 'Switch Unit' function.

D38AE817F7433DD857A10B48DFBD2167DD199EFE

However I've noticed that occasionally (not always), if I die when switched into another unit, either by player actions, crashing an aircraft into terrain, or enemy NPC fire, the zeus features will get glitched, and I'll respawn as that NPC, usually shirtless and nude of any gear. Hitting the Y key makes the proper noise, but doesn't actually allow me to access zeus again. Effectively, I'm locked in, and unable to return to being a zeus for the duration of that mission. 

Is there a way around this?
Am I doing zeus wrong?

And finally, is it possible to get like a server side, possibly an INIT script that could detect if the curator/zeus player is in the zeus position or not, and if not, every say, two minutes boot them back into the proper position? It's quite aggravating having to restart the server every time this occurs, and to do without the switch-unit feature would mean that many mods become effectively unusable for zeus. 

Thank you so much for your time-

Yours very kindly-

ZDF.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:55 AM, zeedesertfox said:

the zeus features will get glitched, and I'll respawn as that NPC, usually shirtless and nude of any gear

Sounds like a Achilles issue. They need to switch you back when you die.

Looking at the code of Achilles I can see that the module SHOULD place you back to the original unit after the current unit dies.

However, and this is something which can be tested, it seems to only do so if the damage is applied to the head, body or "overall" (and not arms and legs), and only if it's fatal at that point.

see: https://github.com/ArmaAchilles/Achilles/blob/master/%40AresModAchillesExpansion/addons/functions_f_achilles/functions/selectUnit/fn_switchUnit_start.sqf#L68-L83

I guess the EH should be set on "Killed" instead.

Just tested this with a colleague, very strange.

It would appear that if I die sometimes, rather than being transported back into Zeus view, I'll instead be re-spawned as one of my classes. 
Now the weird part.
If it's a class with a primary weapon, I can hit Y and be re-locked back into Zeus view. 

If it's a class without a primary weapon (friend and I were mucking about), I've discovered that I'm trapped in non-zeus view.

In addition, while trapped in non-zeus (so effectively player) view, I found that if I die from frag grenades, I won't be able to respawn (normally or by the escape> respawn method), or able to switch into zeus. I'm just trapped.

Any advice lads?