There's a phantom object in my scene. It seems absurd that this would be a difficult thing to track down but apparently it is.

I don't want FTA to require the LOW DLC but it does nevertheless.

Required addon advanced tab says:
"A3_Characters_F_Orange"

The objects I removed that were associated with LOW DLC:
Headsets (3x)
Outfit (1x)

I tried to write a script earlier with getObjectDLC (which failed) and got some help from discord but this still isn't giving me results,

_MissionObjects = AllMissionObjects "All";
_DLCObjects = [];

{ _AppID = GetObjectDLC _x;

if !(IsNil _AppID) then {

_DLCObjects PushBack _x; }; } ForEach _MissionObjects;

hint str _DLCObjects;

I need to find out what the item is for a clue where to find it. It could be in a character's inventory.

The analog method is searching the list of objects, I know. You'll have to be satisfied that I know my project, it's well organized, and I've already exhausted that method. There aren't that many objects to inventory in the first place. It's a genuine mystery.

I thought objects didn't add a dependency to dlcs. Anyone not owning LAW should be able to play your mission regardless correct? Also check in mission attributes there's a require dlc somewhere in there you might have selected it by mistake 

@Mr H.,

I thought objects didn't add a dependency to dlcs.

I thought so, too. In fact it seems super-inconsistent. Somebody mentioned that LOW DLC was required for FTA. I reinstalled ArmA from scratch a last week because I was curious what would happen if somebody loaded FTA without DLC's (it always required APEX) and sure enough it required LOW too (the little sticker on the side of the screen). I removed those objects above but still get the requirement in the required add-ons tab.

Also check in mission attributes there's a require dlc somewhere in there you might have selected it by mistake 

This WAS checked. I unchecked it.

It still doesn't answer why the dependency still appears in the required add-ons tab.

Maybe I really am chasing a phantom.

I did this a week ago. Using LoW and Contact assets was fine, but I'd added one of those thigh bags to the player's inventory and they're LoW, but at the time I didn't even realise the mistake.

• Like 1

_addon = "Orange";
_appID = getNumber( configFile >> "CfgMods" >> _addon >> "appId" );
_selectUnits = [];
set3DENSelected [];
_fnc_checkUnit = {
	params[ "_object" ];
	if ( getPersonUsedDLCs _object findIf{ _x == _appID } > -1 ) then {
		private _nul = _selectUnits pushBack _object;
	}else{
		_identities = "getText( _x >> 'face' ) == face _object" configClasses( configFile >> "CfgIdentities" );
		if ( _identities findIf{ configName _x select[ 0, 6 ] == _addon } > -1 ) then {
			private _nul = _selectUnits pushBack _x;
		};
	};
};
{
	_object = _x;

if ( _object isKindOf "CAManBase" ) then {
		[ _object ] call _fnc_checkUnit;
	}else{
		if ( [ "LandVehicle", "Air", "Ship" ] findIf{ _object isKindOf _x } > -1 ) then {
			{
				[ _x ] call _fnc_checkUnit;
			}forEach crew _object;
		};
	};

_cargoW = itemCargo _object select{ _x call BIS_fnc_itemType select 1 in [ "Headgear", "Vest", "Uniform" ]  };
	_cargoG = itemCargo _object select{ _x call BIS_fnc_itemType select 1 in [ "Glasses" ]  };
	if (
		_cargoW findIf{ getText( configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "DLC" ) == _addon } > -1 ||
		{ _cargoG findIf{ getText( configFile >> "CfgGlasses" >> _x >> "DLC" ) == _addon } > -1 }
	) then {
		private _nul = _selectUnits pushBack _x;
	};		
}forEach ( all3DENEntities select 0 );

set3DENSelected _selectUnits;

"A3_Characters_F_Orange" contains units,  goggles, headgear, faces, vests and uniforms.

Run the above from the debugConsole in the editor should select all

• units that are from Orange
  • units that are wearing any equipment from Orange
  • units that have a face/identity from Orange
  • units that have any itemCargo from Orange
  • vehicles that have itemCargo from Orange

Only lightly tested in editor to see if results looked correct.

Edited by Larrow
Updated code
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

After a little more testing, although the script above will catch 99% of items, there seems to be a problem with getPersonUsedDLCs.

If you place a standard vanilla B_soldier_F and then edited their loadout and give them one of the IDAP caps it will not be seen by getPersonUsedDLCs.

If you give them one of the headsets that is marked as Orange in the Arsenal it will be seen by the command.

Even though both items configs are correctly marked as DLC Orange, and both appear in their respective Weapons in CfgPatches.

• Like 2

@Larrow,

Thanks. If this problem reoccurs that is a handy utility.

It produced 2 results.

1) "CIV1" had no LOW related equipment. I deleted the character and replaced with a new one and renamed.
2) "ChadPlaned" also had no LOW equipment, deleted, replaced.

Running the script again produced no results. I saved and restarted. Unfortunately I still have the those entries in my required add-ons window.

do you have any mod activated? Sometimes mod makers (I know I do) don't have time/will/ability to model their own stuff so they point to a bis p3d. DLC dependency is built in the p3d but the object as defined in config won't be listed as dependent from a dlc. Don't know if it would get you this message though.

• Like 1

@Mr H.

Thanks, Mr. H. but no mods.

It would take less time to recreate the mission than mess with this anomalous bug. There's two options:
1) Embrace the LOW and just use the pieces I wanted anyway
2) Recreate FTA with the framework (again)

@wogz187,
have fun!

Avoid these glasses.

class name                Display name in Arsenal
G_Aviator                        Aviator glassses
G_Shades_Black            Shades( black )
G_Shades_Blue              Shades( blue )
G_Shades_Green           Shades( green )
G_Shades_Red               Shades( red )
G_Spectacles                 Spectacle Glasses
G_Spectacles_Tinted    Tinted Spectacles

Although they are not Orange(LoW) additions, the addon does update their identityTypes so including them will add the Orange dependency to your mission.

Specifically for @wogz187 mission units...

Alpha 1-2
Alpha 2-1
Alpha 2-5

are wearing one of the above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Larrow,

Right on point. Fixed it quick.

Thanks again!

Edited by wogz187
phantom accessories exorcised!
  • Like 1