APGenesis

Addon Builder not starting

Hi,

I'm new in the world of arma modding, and I'm currently learning following some tutorials about how to add vehicles in ArmA 3.

I manage to follow the tutorial to have a 3d tank in p3d format, and a basic configuration.

Now the tutorial ask me to use 'arma 3 tools' to open the Addon Builder, but when try to open it, the arma 3 tool stop responding....

I try to start the addon builder without the tool, and giving him administrator right.

It open a consol window with only one line :

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 233800

Then stop doing anything (no cpu or memory consumption detected by the task manager).

The logs in AddonBuilder.rpt consist in only 5 lines :

2019-09-11 16:40:28,503 [DEBUG] 1: Utils.Steam.AppIdHelper.Load - [fallback id]=233800
2019-09-11 16:40:28,514 [DEBUG] 1: Utils.Steam.AppIdHelper.Load - [exe location]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\AddonBuilder\AddonBuilder.exe
2019-09-11 16:40:28,514 [DEBUG] 1: Utils.Steam.AppIdHelper.Load - [steam app id file location]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\AddonBuilder\steam_appid.txt
2019-09-11 16:40:28,514 [DEBUG] 1: Utils.Steam.AppIdHelper.Load - [steam app id file content]=233800
2019-09-11 16:40:28,515 [DEBUG] 1: Steam.SteamHelper.Init - Steam init

I tryed to change the configuration or the P drive, but It didn't change anything.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my setting ?

verify your arma 3 tools https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Also setup your P drive like this, the official tools are not good for extracting data / mounting P  https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:tools:setup-p-drive

And its a good idea to use pboproject instead of addon builder

First rule of addon builder....do not use addon builder. Use proproject by mikero 

• Like 1

Hi, I switch to pboproject and everything goes fine.

I could use my test vehicle and play it in arma 3, next step, create real interesting content ^^ 

Thanks for the advices !

• Like 2