pooroldspike

What's happened to my sound effects?

Over the past month or so whenever I fire a rifle, all the other sounds (engine noise and nearby small arms fire etc) fades out for a few seconds before slowly coming back to normal volume, and it means I'm briefly deaf after firing my weapon.

It hadn't used to fade out like that, so why has it suddenly started happening?

I've tried dabbling with the sound options but no joy, do you think it's my speakers or sound card at fault or what?

Are you loading mods? ACE might do that.

Besides that your audio settings from your soundcard might also apply some compression/limiting on very loud sounds.

Thanks, yes a couple of mods might have had something to do with it, I've rummaged around in the settings and stuff and there seems to be some improvement touch wood..:)

I just found out its a well-known issue with Win 10 and Realtek audio, I had to click to disable "Enhancements" in the sound setup and that's improved it even more.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 11:56 AM, pooroldspike said:

I just found out its a well-known issue with Win 10 and Realtek audio, I had to click to disable "Enhancements" in the sound setup and that's improved it even more.

My friend just started having similar sound issues after the last Windows 10 update; it seems that whenever she gets into a vehicle there is a really loud static noise that nearly drowns out any other sound. 
There's something more to it than just that though because her game crashes after a few minutes of running when she gets into a vehicle. 

2 hours ago, squirrel0311 said:

My friend just started having similar sound issues after the last Windows 10 update; it seems that whenever she gets into a vehicle there is a really loud static noise that nearly drowns out any other sound. 
There's something more to it than just that though because her game crashes after a few minutes of running when she gets into a vehicle. 

That is Win 10 v1903 bug after KB4515384 update:

To mitigate the issue, open settings in the impacted game and disable multi-channel audio, if this option is available. You can also search in the Windows Control Panel for third-party audio device control panels and disable Multi-channel audio or Virtual Surround Sound, if these options are available.

We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late September.

• Like 2

Hunting for info about half a second freezes on 1903 I found this thread. Just FYI, I do not have any audio issues so far. I've installed Windows 10 1903 + updates last week and from all I have read I'm supposed to get audio issues. Even more so that I uses supposedly unsupported Asus Xonar DGX. I installed the drivers along with the control center from the official ASUS support page.

OK, after playing ArmA 3 for 6 hours on that config I'm starting noticing missing/cutout sounds. Very few though! I only noticed it because the missing sound was for a freaking Irfit vehicle passing by 🙂 And maybe the wind sometimes.But it might be the case where the Irfit sound "came into conflict" with the wind effects. I played several Showcases (the top ones) and ONLY in the Night operations scenario I noticed those sound problems I've mentioned above.

M$ has released a Cumulative Update for WinX v1903 KB4517211 which including a fix for the game audio issues.

Updates an issue that causes audio in certain games to be quieter or different than expected.

Addresses an issue in which the maximum central processing unit (CPU) performance is not enabled when you select the High Performance power plan.

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, Horus said:

M$ has released a Cumulative Update for WinX v1903 KB4517211 which including a fix for the game audio issues.

Thanks, man. I'll load up the save in the mission I mentioned before and I'll report back. BTW. "(...)the maximum central processing unit (CPU) performance is not enabled(...)" Does the marketing department write changelogs now?

Edit:

After tens of repeated runs in the Night and Infantry showcase scenarios I must say I did not notice post-KB4517211 audio issues. That said:

- pre- or post-KB4517211 vehicles are still unbearably loud

- Irfit wheel rolling on sand sound is audible from several hundred meters (close to 1000) as if it started rolling 30 meters away

After the runs I'm switching down from 24 bit | sampling rate 48000 Hz (48 kHz) | Allow applications to take exclusive... TO 16 bit | sampling rate 41000 Hz (41 kHz) | Allow applications to take exclusive... as per